Status: Completed. Feedback is still good, though.

I'm Addicted To You

I'm Addicted To You

About Two Days Later

It has been about two days since I have had Kaelyn, and we are finally able to leave. David ran home to get, both me and Kaelyn, some clothes. While we were waiting for him to get back, I was holding Kae in my hospital bed and talking to her.

"Are you ready to go home, baby girl?" I asked her, smiling at her.

Her bright eyes were looking up at me, trying to figure out what I said. All I did was laugh lightly and rubbed her little hand with my finger.

I lifted her up and brought her up to face so we were touching foreheads. I lightly kissed her nose, and she gave a gummy smile. I laughed and kissed her cheek before I cradled her back in my arms.

I heard the door open, and I saw David walk in with a bag with our clothes inside them.

"How are my girls doing this morning?" David asked smiling as he walked over to the bed and gave me a kiss on the lips and kissed Kae on the forehead.

"We're good, but we are so ready to go home." I replied.

"Well then, lets get you two home. Here's your clothes. While you are changing in the bathroom, I will get Kaelyn ready to leave." David said picking up Kaelyn and kissing her cheek.

"You brought the carseat right?"

"Of course I did. Do you think I'm that dumb to forget that?"

I just looked at him.

"Okay, maybe I am."

He glared at me playfully as I was walking in to the bathroom to get changed. David brought me a zebra print t-shirt, black sweat pants, and flip flops.

When I walked out of the bathroom, I saw that David changed Kae into a light pink Daddy's Girl onesie.

"Aww, doens't she just look adorable." I smiled.

David just smiled real big, looking like he had done something right for a change.

Before we could leave the hospital, a wheelchair had to be brought for me. David pushed the nurse's button and asked over the intercom for one. About five minutes later, the nurse brought one in, and she helped me get into it. David handed me Kaelyn so he could push the wheelchair.

While we were going down the hallways, everyone would look at Kaelyn and then give comments about her like how cute and adorable she is or how quiet she is. All I did was smile and say thank you.

We got to the front of the hospital, and I saw that David parked right in front of the doors.

David went to unlock the car and came over to me and took Kaelyn from me. I watched from the wheelchair as David put her in her carseat. After he was done with that, he came over to me and helped me out of the wheelchair. He walked me over to the side of the car that Kaelyn wasn't on. He helped me into the back seat so I could keep an eye on Kae on the way home.

After I was situated in my seat, David went back into the hospital to give the wheelchair back.

I looked next to me at Kaelyn to see what she was doing. She was just looking around and taking in her surroundings. I'm glad that we are taking her home. I'm ready to be the mom I can be.

I saw David walk out of the hospital to the driver's side of the car. He got into the car, but before he started it and put on his seatbelt, he turned around to look at us.

"Are you guys okay back there?" David asked looking back and forth between Kae and I.

"Yeah, we are just fine Dave." I smiled at him.

He smiled back and turned around and took off the leave the hospital. He didn't drive how he usually drives. He did the speed limits and didn't brake as hard as he does, and he didn't take the turns as sharp either.

We finally arrived home, and it felt like I hadn't been there for years. David stopped the car and helped me out first before getting Kaelyn. She was fast asleep when we got her out of the car. We walked up to the front door, and I unlocked the door. We stepped inside the house, and I walked over to the couch to sit down.

After David locked the door, he walked over to me, put Kaelyn on the floor in her carseat, and then he sat next to me. We just watched her sleep. We both just couldn't believe that we had her.

I have always wanted to be a mom. Since my mom died when I was only five, I never got to experience what a real mom was like, and now I get my change. I am going to be the mom that my mom never got to be. I'm going to make her proud.

Little cries interruped my thoughts. David bent over to get Kae out of her carseat. He cradled her in his arms, but she didn't stop crying.

"I think she's hungry." David said passing her over to me.

I took her from him and began to feed her. After she was done, I handed her back to David so he could burp her.

After that, we decided that she might want to stretch out because she was in her carseat all that time. We laid out one of the many blankets she has, and we laid her down on her back.

For the rest of the evening, you could hear her little giggles.

It was about 10:00 p.m., and Kaelyn was out. David picked her up, and we walked up the stairs to Kae's room. David put her in the crib, and we both kissed her goodnight. We walked out of her room and walked into ours. I changed into my pajamas while David just got down to his boxers. I crawled in bed with David right behind me. David and I kissed each other goodnight and said we loved each other, and them I was out.

David's POV

About Three In The Morning

I heard Kae's cries coming out of the baby monitor on my night stand. I looked over at Raven and saw that she was out and couldn't hear Kaelyn.

I got out of bed and walked into her room. I saw her little arms in the air, and I could see tears running down her face. I picked her up and brought her up to my chest. I put my chin on top of her head and cooed her to get her back to sleep.

She stopped crying hard and was now whimpering. I decided to check her diaper to see if she needed it to be changed. I laid her on the changing table and unbuttoned her onesie. I took off her diaper, and I could see that she peed. So, I got her a new diaper and changed her.

She stopped whimpering, so now all I had to do was to get her to sleep. I sat down in the rocking chair in the the corner of the room and rocked her to sleep.

I guess this is the start of parenthood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter thirty. Hope you like it.