‹ Prequel: 16 And 24
Status: Completed (:

You Can't Save Me Now

Ten

I was hiding in the bathroom, Craig wouldn't let me out of the house and I had a new thing to add to my abuse record, Craig just slapped me again. It left a bigger bruise over the one that was already there from last night, it was in the shape of a hand.. his hand.

Why was Craig doing this now? Why didn't this show up earlier? Maybe it did and I didn't realize it. God only knows. But I'm suppose to be engaged to someone I love, not someone I petrified of.

"Shay, open the goddamn door!" Craig said form the other side of the bathroom door.

"No!" I yelled.

"Goddammit!" He banged his fist against the door. "Open the fucking door!"

"No!" I repeated. I curled up in the corner and hugged my knees; waiting for the banging to stop. It seemed endless. It finally stopped two hours later.

I know now I have to get away from him.., but how? I remembered I had my cellphone in my pocket, I dialed Ronnie's number and it rung about ten or eleven times.

"Hello? Ronnie asked.

"Ronnie! God you've got to help me! Craig is fucking ballistic!" I started.

"Whoa, Shay, hold on. What's wrong with Craig and you?"

"He... uhm, kind of hit me a couple times. He won't let me out of the house or use the phone, but I had my cellphone, you gotta come over, help me Ronnie!"

Just then my phone went dead. "Fuck!" I threw my cellphone across the bathroom, it smashed against the wall.

I went back to the corner and hugged my knees.I heard the banging on the door start a few minutes later. I flinched. "Shay, it's Ronnie. Open the door."

"Oh God Ronnie!" I said scurrying to open the door. When I opened the door and saw Max standing over Craig and Aidan in Ronnie's arms. "What did you do?"

"He was c-coming back up the stairs, I-I panicked." Max stuttered.

"Did Aidan see?" I asked.

"No, I had him downstairs," Ronnie said hugging me.

"Good, thank you guys, thank you, thank you."

"Anytime, Lil Shay." Ronnie smiled.

"Come on, we're getting out of here." Max said.

"What about Craig? I mean, we can't just leave him here.. like this." I pointed down to his unconscious body on the floor.

"I'll call the ambulance, but you'll have to tell them how you got you're bruises, Shay." Max said.

"No! I-I can't!"

"Why, he can't hurt you with us around babe." Ronnie wrapped his free arm around me.

"I-I just can't, he said not to...,"

"Fuck him, Shayna! It's either tell them the truth or leave him here to get you!" Max yelled.

"Fine! Fine! I'll tell them...,"

"Alright," Max said.

Max went downstairs went downstairs to call the hospital and Ronnie and I stayed upstairs to pack Aidan's things.
"Are you okay?" Ronnie asked hugging me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I-I just never pictured this happening." I mumbled.

"No one does Shay,"

I heard I groan from the hallway. "Did you hear that?"

"Yeah, I did. Stay here, I'll be right back." Ronnie said going out the door silently.

Stay here? How the fuck could I stand still when my fiance has gone mad, my best friend is checking out what the noise was, and my ex-fiance is actually being nice to me and he wants me to stand still?!

Ronnie came back into he room. "It was just Craig, he's waking up. We need to hurry up and get you and Aidan the fuck out of here."

Ronnie and I packed Aidan's things and got the hell out of there.

Good riddance!
♠ ♠ ♠
Short =/
It woudl've been way longer if it saved it the first three times...
My wrist is better :D