‹ Prequel: 16 And 24
Status: Completed (:

You Can't Save Me Now

Eight

ReCap

“I love you,” Shayna cooed, into Craig’s ear as she rested her head on his shoulder. Running his hands up and down her slim body, Craig let out a subtle sigh, he felt less guilty than earlier since she said those three words.

“I love you, too,” Craig said, in a hushed tone against her ear. The warmth of his breath caused shivers to go down Shayna’s spine, arising goose bumps on her arms, making her squirm against Craig’s body with delight.

“Mommy?” Aidan questioned, from his seat in his high chair. His little fist rubbing sleepily against his eye, as he held with his other hand his sippy cup. “It’s empty, mommy,” he said again, as he shook the cup trying to prove his point. Unwrapping her arms from around Craig’s waist, Shayna walked over to her son and took the cup from his grip. “What was in it? Do you remember, Aidan?” Shayna questioned, as she unscrewed the lid and opened the refrigerator door.

Aidan stared blankly at Craig and Shayna. Finally, a light seemed to go on in Aidan’s head making his shout, “Grape juice!” As Shayna grabbed the grape juice out of the fridge and set it on the counter, Craig asked Aidan, “Now, what do you say?”

Aidan let his head fall, his dark brown locks of hair swishing in the air. “…please.” Craig walked over to Aidan and ran a hand through his hair, “Good. Just remember your manners, little man,” Craig said as he walked back over to the stove and put the food on three plates.

Pouring the grape juice into Aidan’s cup and twisting the lid so it was on securely, Shayna set the cup back onto Aidan’s height chair before she put the grape juice away. Before she closed the refrigerator door, Shayna took out the milk and set it on the table. Craig sat the food, cups, and silverware down on the kitchen table. Putting a pancake on Aidan’s plate, Craig cut it up into small pieces and poured syrup on it. Before handing it to Aidan, Craig added a small amount of scrambled eggs. “Here you go, buddy,” Craig said, with a smile as he handed the plate to Aidan.

Aidan beamed up at Craig. “Thank you, daddy,” he said, with his dimples showing, “It looks super yummy.”

Laughing, Shayna put some food on her plate and poured Craig and herself a glass of milk. As all three of them dug into their food it wasn’t long before the ringing of the door bell interrupted them. Shayna and Craig both gave each other a confused glance, but, Aidan just sat there oblivious to his parents silent conversation.

“I’ll go get the door,” Craig muttered, as he pushed his chair back and set his fork and knife down onto his plate before getting up and making his way towards the front door. Opening the door, Craig let his eyes fall on the one woman he thought would tear him and Shayna apart, Gabby.

“Hi, Craig,” Gabby said softly, as she stood on the porch, “Can I come in?”

Craig nodded his head, dumbfounded. “Yeah, yeah. Sure, sure,” he said, scratching the back of his neck as he shut the front door behind her. “Craig, who’s here?” Shayna questioned, coming out of the kitchen. Stopping in her tracks, she raised her eyebrows at Gabby. Craig looked down at the floor guiltily, knowing Shayna now knew who was holding his love child.

“Hi I’m Shayna, call me Shay though,” Shayna said to Gabby, biting back a frown. Gabby stood there, not even reaching to shake Shayna’s hand. Instead, she threw her hand protectively over her already bulging stomach and gasped, looking between Craig and Shayna.

“Your with someone!” Gabby screeched, unintentionally. Causing Aidan she let out a wail. Shayna ran back into the kitchen and removed her son from his booster. Putting him on her hip, she walked back out into the living room.

“Oh God, and you have another kid. I’m so sorry for ruining everything,” Gabby sobbed.

Hiding his face in his mothers neck, Aidan mumbled, “Momma, why is the lady crying?”

“Sh,” Shayna hushed Aidan, “don’t worry about that. Everything will be fine.”

Everything would be fine; one day. But for now, they needed to get through the worst.
♠ ♠ ♠
The ending sucked I know ):
I'm sorry.
I'm having a horrible freaking night.