One Boy, One Girl

After School

“Hello Nick,” I said smiling staring at him, taking a break from setting up the pictures of me and friends. I had a bunch of pictures that sat on my dresser at the end of my bed. Nick glared at me as he sat his bag on his bed. “Did have a bad day or something?” I asked trying not to laugh.

“Yeah, I fuckin hate it here. There’s too many fuckin stupid ass people,” he said irritated as he sat down. Marshall stared at Nick giving him a funny look.
“Well my school has a fat black guy who needs to be shot,” I said talking about DeAngelo Bailey, I really hated that kid. He had no business treating Marshall and other kids the way he did. I can’t believe the school let him do that.

He gave me a funny look. I don’t normally talk like that so it was probably strange to him, it made me giggle inside. “So…anyway, who is this?” Nick asked while pointing to Marshall.
“Marshall,” I said like he was stupid, even though he didn’t know who Marshall was.
“Ok then,” Nick mumbled.

He began to work on his side of the room. Just like mine, there was no other way really to organize it. Our room was in the front, so it had a front window and two side windows. We each had our beds under each side window, nightstand on the outside of the bed. Our dressers sat at the end of the bed. I liked our room, the only thing I hated was that it was in the front. A bit creepy, loud and bright.

Our walls are a white wallpaper with splattered spots that are dark green and dark red. Then theres these light brown dot like things, it looks odd but whatever. The carpet is blood red and I like it. The curtains match the carpet, and I like it.

My parents are lucky though they get the back room, and Mya has the middle room. I sat down on my bed and stared over at Marshall, he stood by my dresser. He was a shy boy, he also seemed socially awkward and a bit strange. But, that’s what I liked about him, he was different, he wasn’t a popular ass for brains.

“You can come sit down,” I said quietly as Nick plopped down on his bed. He sat down next to me.
“So…you two goin out or what?” Nick asked sitting up a bit and looking over at us with a smile on his face.
“Nick!” I yelled. “We’re just friends, and we just met, dumbass,” I explained irritated. Nick can be stupid sometimes.
“Too bad. You two would look cute together,” Nick laughs, it seemed he was kidding but then it seemed like he was serious.

I started to think about it, Marshall is cute, but that doesn’t mean I like him. Not like it matters anyway he wouldn’t like me like that. He’s just being nice to me… I’m not gonna tell him I like him though unless he says something.

“Where’d mom and dad go?” I asked as I realized they were not home.
“To the store, I forgot to tell you,” Nick told me like it was no big deal. “They told me to watch you two,” he laughed. I gave a funny look like what the fuck.
“What does she think we’re gonna do?” I asked Nick confused. Nick started laughing.

“Probably have sex,” Nick joked. Wow Nick is so stupid, cause yes, we’d have sex.
“We’re only 13,” I said to him as if he was stupid…which he was. I glanced at Marshall who turned red and looked down. What does that mean? Does he like me? … No, he don’t, all guys do that kid of thing I guess. He doesn’t like me, why would he?

“What?” Who knows,” Nick said shrugging his shoulders. “Parents think a lot of things,” he laughed. I rolled my eyes. Really Nick? Really?
“No, you was thinking that, somethin is wrong with you,” Marshall said looking up at Nick, I think he was getting a bit more comfortable.
“I was joking!” Nick yelled, he seemed a bit mad or annoyed.
“Yeah, sure,” Marshall said, he seemed annoyed.

My mother walked into the room a few minutes later, she stood in the doorway staring at us. “Hello?” I said in question form after about a minute.
“Hi!” she said with a huge smile, I stared at her annoyed. “Dinner’s going to be ready in about a half hour,” my mom explained.
“Ok,” Nick said pulling out his walkman.

“So who’s this?” she asked gesturing towards Marshall.
“My friend, Marshall,” I explained. She smiled then left the room.

~~~

“You can come eat now!” My mom yelled from the kitchen. Nick quickly got up and ran out the door. I stood up and looked at Marshall.
“Come on,” I told him. He hesitated for a second then followed me out into the kitchen.

We sat at the rectangular table, it was in the corner by a window. One end of the table is by the window the other more towards the kitchen. Behind me were I said was a half wall that was the opening to the living room. Across from me was a counter and cupboards.

Marshall sat next to me, Nick across, my dad by the window and my mom across from him. “So what are we eating?” I asked as my dad set a pot in the middle of the table.
“Stew,” he said with a smile as he sat down. Dad served up everyone, we began eating.
“This is good. I’ve never had stew before,” Marshall said while eating the stew. I looked over at him surprised.

“My mom never buys good food, just stupid TV dinners,” Marshall explained with a sigh.
“Oh,” I mumbled to myself.
“Well you can come over for dinner anytime,” my mother said with a smile. Marshall slightly smiled.
“Thanks, that’s very nice of you,” Marshall said kindly with a smile.

“So…where do you live, Marshall?” My mom asked getting all in his business like she usually does to new friends.
“8 Mile trailer park,” Marshall said quietly as if he was embarrassed.
“Oh, I drove by that place today. It’s a bit scary,” My mom mumbled the last part of the sentence. It’s Detroit what does she expect pink bunnies to hop around and give you free chocolate?

~~~

We sat in the living room watching ‘Friday the 13th’ with Nick while my parents “watched TV” in their bedroom. “I like this movie. Jason is awesome!” Marshall said, he was really into the movie. Me on the other hand, could only think about Marshall. I wanted so bad to tell him how I felt about him. Gah! What am I thinking! We just met, I need to stop!

“Jason’s dumb,” I said after about three minutes passed.
“No. He’s awesome, look at his skills,” Marshall said pointing to the TV while Jason chased around some dumb teenage blondes. I rolled my eyes. What is so great about a guy in a hockey mask that kills people?
“Yeah ok then,” I said as if Marshall was stupid.

The movie finished around 9pm. “Oh crap! I gotta going before my mom beats my ass!” Marshall yelled jumping up from the couch.
“Ok…I’ll see you tomorrow then,” I said quietly. Marshall smiled slightly as he grabbed his coat off the hook.
“Bye,” he said leaving the house.

~~~Marshall’s pov~~~

I walked down the dark road with my hood up hoping I wouldn’t run into any trouble. This was the time when all the losers came out to beat people like me. The kid with no friends, the shy awkward ones…the white ones, the ones new to the city. The really fat ones, really skinny ones, short ones, ugly ones, anything you can think of that people get beat up or are bullied for.

I really hated my life sometimes. No friends, just my Uncle Ronnie. Then maybe a few “friends” here and there. I don’t understand how Lily could like me. Maybe she’s just being nice cause she’s new. Pretty soon she’ll become popular and forget about me. I sighed as I turned the corner down 8 Mile Road towards the trailer park.

I glanced down an ally and saw DeAngelo with some other kids. I was close enough to see what they were doing, smoking pot and pickin on some other white kid. I didn’t really care, I just wanted to get outta there before they saw me.

But it was too late they saw me. “Ohh look who it is!” DeAngelo yelled. I kept walking trying to ignore them. They followed me, catching up before I made it home. “Where’s your bodyguard?” DeAngelo asked, he grabbed my shoulder. I started trembling, I tied to hide it. I was so afraid that he would try to kill me like he did a few years ago. I just wish I could have been tough enough to stand up to him, I’m still not tough enough.

“Hey white boy!” a kid yelled. “My boy asked you a question!” he yelled again.
“He’s too afraid to answer!” another boy laughed. He was right I was afraid. Ever since DeAngelo almost killed me, I’ve had panic attacks every time I see him or someone who looks like him. Right now, I’m trying to hold back the panic.

“I’m just trying to get home,” I said quietly.
“You’re not going home now!” DeAngelo yelled pushing me onto the ground. I fell with a thud, it hurt, I lied on the ground staring up at DeAngelo and his “boys.” They began kicking me and spitting on me. “Get yo pussy ass up and fight!” DeAngelo yelled pulling me up to my feet. I attempted to hit him but missed, he hit me right in the face causing me to fall back on the ground. They kicked me a few more times before leaving me there….

I lied on the cold wet ground in pain hoping someone I knew would come out to help me. This pain wasn’t as bad as it has been. But that still gave him no right to do what they did. I lied there for about a half hour before I got up and drug myself home limping the whole way there.

I walked in the door, my mom and her boyfriend Gary were arguing about rent money, I simply slipped by them and went straight to the bathroom.

My eye was slowly turning black and blue. My ribs hurt like hell and I had a massive headache. I heard footsteps coming down the hallway. “What are you doing home so late?!” my moms annoying voice pierced my ears as she stood in the doorway yelling at me. I stared up at her not answering her question. “What happened to you?” she questioned. She grabbed my face and looked over me. “You need to stop getting into fights!” she demanded.

“Whatever,” was all I said to her, I walked past her going into my room shutting and locking the door. I changed down into my boxers and went right to sleep, sleep the pain off…
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like! Comment!!!! Sorry I haven't been posting in a while, busy with friends and animals. :)