One Boy, One Girl

Marshall's Mother

“Where do you think you’re going!?” an older lady yelled at us. She had blonde hair, bushy, she looked like she was old, but meant to be younger or something. She just looked funny and I had to refrain myself form laughing.
“Mom, uh… what are you doing here?” Marshall asked immediately letting go of my hand, I felt awkward, and I backed away a bit while they yelled at each other.

“Lookin for your ass,” his mother yelled. “And now you better get that ass in the car,” she yelled pointing to the old run down red car.
“Why?” he asked. He seemed irritated; I could tell he didn’t want to be here.
“I’m your mother and I said so,” she said as if she was being proper about the situation.

“Why don’t you start acting like one?” Marshall grumbled softly.
“I cook, I clean I’m doing my best, Marshall,” she said, she seemed disappointed in something, maybe she was just disappointed in herself or maybe she was faking it.
“Why don’t you get a job for starters, stop sleeping around, and support me like a mother instead of making money off bingo,” Marshall argued. I remained in distance as I watched them yell.

“What is it that you are doing that so great?” his mother yelled in defense.
“Well at least I don’t sit around and do drugs,” Marshall shot at her.
“Get in the fucking car!” she yelled instantly while pointing.
“What you gonna do if I don’t?” Marshall tested. Holding out his arms as if it’s on.
“Beat your sorry ass, now get the fuck in the car!” she yelled.

“No!” Marshall yelled back, he started walking towards me.
“I…” I started.
“No, I’m walking you home, its dark and dangerous now, I don’t want you getting hurt,” Marshall mumbled. What could he do? He doesn’t get into fights…that I know of. He grabbed my hand pulling me to walk with him. His mom was still yelling things at him.

“Shut the hell up!” Marshall finally yelled. “I’ll be home when I’m home,” he yelled not even looking back at her.
“Sorry,” Marshall whispered softly.
“It’s ok,” I whispered barley speaking the words. I was still a bit freaked out about the yelling. I don’t see much of that at my house. My parents rarely fight, and if they do, they go outside away from us kids.

“Hey you ok?” Marshall asked as we walked out of the park. I shrugged. “You can tell me if something is bothering you,” Marshall said pulling me closer to him, his arm around my neck. I sighed and remained silent. “Are you sure you’re ok?” Marshall asked again.
“Just tired,” I lied; I wasn’t tired I was just afraid of what would happen to Marshall when he went home. Would she hurt him? Has she ever? I wanted to know, but I didn’t know how to ask. I decided to just flat out ask him.

“Marshall?” I asked causing him to stop walking.
“Yeah?” he asked looking at me. I thought for a moment, trying to figure out the right words to say.
“Is she gonna …” I asked not being able to finish the sentence. I didn’t want him to get mad for some reason.

“Nothing that I can’t deal with,” Marshall answered already knowing what I was going to say. “She’s been like this since I was born. She had me at 17; I don’t think she was ready for a baby yet. We left my dad…well that’s what my mom says. She said he was abusive and threw forks at her and beat her and shit. She couldn’t handle it. She and my grandma would always argue on how to raise me. And we moved a lot. My mom could never find a steady job. She also has this thing called Munchausen Syndrome by
Proxy,” Marshall explained. I gave him a funny look what the hell is that?

“Oh, it’s a thing where she … tries to hurt me so she can get attention she craves,” Marshall explained. How could they let her keep him if she’s doing this to him?
“And she can just do this?” I asked shocked. Marshall just shrugged, like it was nothing. I let out a sigh, how can he just let this shit happen to him?
“I’ll be ok,” Marshall assured kissing me lightly. I nodded slowly.

We remained silent the rest of the way to the house. I just kept worrying about him, what if she dose hurt him…what if he almost dies? What happens if she has another child and abuses him? I hated child abuse; I had a friend who was abused. I only knew her for a few days, and then I found out. I told my parents but it was too late. She was beat to death by her father that same day, and she passed away. I didn’t want that to happen to Marshall.

“So… see you tomorrow?” Marshall asked as we arrived at the house.
“Sure,” I said softly pretending to yawn. He slightly smiled.
“Get some sleep,” he whispered before kissing me. “Goodnight,” he said after he pulled away.
“Night,” I said softly, watching him walk away before I went into the house.

~~~

“Are you feeling ok?” Nick asked as I walked into the bedroom.
“I’m fine,” I said irritated with him. He looked at me in doubt, I ignored him, grabbing my pajamas and going into the bathroom. I did my thing in the bathroom then went straight to bed.

~~~

I was supposed to meet Marshall at Gilbert Lodge for lunch. I saw something that I never thought I’d see… Marshall kissing another girl!! How could he do this to me?

“What the fuck are you doing!?” I yelled almost in tears. I loved him, and he does this to me? I though he loved me.
“Shit!” Marshall yelled pushing the chick away from him and whipping his mouth. “I can explain,” Marshall said.
“Explain!” I yelled at him throwing my arms up. I was fucking pissed.

“I … she kissed me, I tried to stop her but…” he started, I cut him off.
“Ha! That’s what they all say. You could have stopped her!” I yelled. The girl remained silent with a smirk on her face. I gave her a dirty look and she quit. I began to walk away, but Marshall stopped me.

“Lily wait,” Marshall said. I began to cry now. “I’m sorry,” he mumbled. I guess it’s a start, but it is not good enough. “I didn’t mean for this to happen, it just did, I don’t want her…I want you,” Marshall said depressed.
“No, I knew I should have never trusted you,” I said crying. “All you guys are the same,” I sniffled. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked up it was Marshall. He looked depressed.

“Look, I love you Lily…do you really wanna throw three years down the drain because of one little kiss?” Marshall questioned.
“I don’t know what to do now, Marshall,” I said attempting to walk away. A tear rolled down his face…which make me feel a bit bad, but I didn’t want to care. “Baby, please…don’t go… don’t do this to me,” Marshall pleaded.

“How can I believe you haven’t had any other relationship with her or any other chick?” I asked turning to him finally.
“Because, I never even wanted her… its you I want,” Marshall cried. “Please?” he whispered.
“I need time to think!” I yelled running away from him.
“Lily!” I heard him shout. I ignored him and kept running.

All of a sudden I was in a dark room a rundown building. I sat in this corner and cried. I saw this dark figure walking towards me with a knife. Without words I screamed, jumping out a window and running back towards Gilbert’s were Marshall was. He was still there pacing around.

“Marshall!” I screamed running towards him.
“Lily! What’s wrong?” Marshall asked. “You’re shakin like crazy,” he said holing onto me, trying to stop me from shaking; he pulled me into his arms as I trembled.
“We gotta go, there’s this…ahhhh” I tried to tell him but the person came close to stabbing us. We ran all the way to his house…

~~~

“Lily wake up!” My mom yelled. I quickly sat up and stared towards the door. I was sweating like crazy, breathing heavy. Oh thank god it was just a dream.
“Yes,” I said shaking my dream outta my head.
“Marshall’s here,” she said with a smile.
“Send him in,” I smiled back.

“Hey,” Marshall said with a smile as he walked into the room.
“Hi,” I said with a smile. He sat down on the bed next to me. It was silent and my mom left the room. I stared off into the distance thinking about the dream.
“You ok?” Marshall asked. I nodded slowly.
“Just my dream last night,” I muttered. He looked confused. I might as well explain my dream to him…

~~~

“You know that would never happen, I would never cheat on you,” Marshall said pulling me into a hug; I hugged him back then pulled away after a while. He leaned in to kiss me, I moved away. I didn’t want anyone to see us; no one knew we were dating yet.
“What’s wrong?” he asked sitting up normally.
“Its odd…no one knows we’re together,” I told him, he frowned looking disappointed.
“Aww come on, just a quick one?” he asked. I shook my head with a slight smile.

“What’s gonna happen if I don’t kiss you?” I giggled.
“I’ll explode,” he laughed.
“Ohh…lets see,” I giggled joking. His mouth dropped open. “I was kidding,” I assured kissing him quickly….
♠ ♠ ♠
You like?? COMMENT!!!!