One Boy, One Girl

Bringing Up the Past

Nick walked into the room, but that didn’t stop us. “Eww… you know, Moms right out there,” Nick warned while pointing towards the hall. So? What she gonna do, yell? Cause I’m so scared.

“Yeah, I know this,” I said a bit snotty, before sitting up slightly.

“How long is it gonna take you to tell them?” Marshall asked while sitting up.

“We’ve been going out for a day. I’ll tell them when I’m ready,” I explained. “Don’t worry,” I said as Marshall looked a bit disappointed. “Besides, not many fathers want their 12 year old daughters to be dating,” I added with a smile. Marshall sighed.

“That’s true,” Nick just had to but in and say something. He sat on the bed and stared at us. I gave him a death glare.

“Anyway, don’t you think its better to tell them the truth, then to have them find out and get mad?” Marshall asked. Maybe, but I wanted to do it my way. I knew what I was doing, I wasn’t stupid.

~~~

We sat in silence for a moment. “Nick, can I talk to you?” I asked getting of the bed. Marshall stared confused. I grabbed Nick’s arm forcing him off the bed. “I’ll be right back,” I assured Marshall. “Just entertain yourself with that Coke commercial,” I joked. Marshall rolled his eyes and turned his attention to the TV.

I pulled him into Mya‘s room. “What is it?” Nick asked irritated yanking his arm from my grip. I didn’t reply right away, Nick stared at me, he looked pissed and annoyed.

“What do you think Dad will do?” I whispered as I closed the bedroom door.

“About what?” he questioned.

“Marshall,” I said as if he was stupid.

“He’ll probably be pissed. I really could care less. It’s not my problem, it’s yours. Can I go now?” Nick said. I didn’t care if he didn’t care I wanted to know his opinion.

“No, what should I do?” I asked him. He stared at me for the longest time. “Well?” I questioned getting impatient with him.

“I don’t know, just tell them. Marshall’s right that it’s better to tell, then to have them find out, they’d be even more pissed,” Nick said. I didn’t want to tell my parents. They would kill me, I’m only 12, according to them, I’m still a child. I hated being seen as a little kid.

“Help me tell them,” I pleaded. Nick let out a loud sigh.

“No, if you think you’re old enough to date, you can tell them yourself. They are just parents, if they say for you to break up with him. Don’t, just pretend you did and date him behind their backs,” Nick suggested. Hmm that could just be perfect. “Is that good enough for you?” he asked.

“That’s perfect. You’re a genius!” I shouted with a smile.

“Yeah. I know,” Nick said with the hugest grin ever. Hes such a dork.

“I’m going now. Thanks for the advice,” I said with a smile before leaving the room.

~~~

“What was that about?” Marshall asked as I sat back down ton the bed.

“Nothing special,” I said. “I’ll tell you later…maybe,” I said. Marshall sat there for a few minutes and stared out the window. He finally turned slowly back to me as I stared at him wondering what the hell he was doing.

“Its later,” he joked.

“No, later, later ok,” I said. He looked at me as if he didn’t care and stared back at the TV, The Cosby Show was on. One of the first episodes, the first season just started a few months ago. This was my favorite show, so I paid great attention.

Some soap commercial came on. It was supposed to make you feel relaxed or something. I found it stupid. It made me wanna go to sleep, not buy stupid soap. I let out a yawn and rested my head on Marshall’s shoulder. “Tired?” Marshall asked with a smile. I stared at him with no emotion. “I guess that’s a yes, why don’t you take a nap?” he asked.

I stared at him for a moment, that’s not a bad idea. Then I could stay up late and watch the horror movies that my mom doesn’t like me and Nick to watch. They come on after midnight, which she doesn’t know. Heh.

“What are you gonna do then?” I asked.

“Take a nap with ya,” he grinned. I rolled my eyes, boys. I closed my eyes and faced the other way, falling asleep quickly.

~~~Marshall’s pov~~~

I couldn’t sleep so I stayed sitting up, watching TV on low volume. I glanced over and Nick was staring at me. Eww what the fuck? “What?” I questioned quietly, trying not to wake Lily.

“You better not hurt my sister or I swear to God, I will kick your ass!” Nick yelled in hush. What make him think I’ll hurt her? I really didn’t know how to respond to that right away.

“I’m not gonna hurt her. Don’t worry. So there doesn’t have to be any ass kicking,” I said. “I don’t need to almost die…again,” I mumbled, it wasn’t meant for him to hear, even though I think he heard me.

“Almost die?” he asked, he seemed confused and eager to know my personal business.

“Nothing,” I muttered looking down at Lily.

“Come on man, tell me. I won’t tell anyone,” he seemed to be begging. It was kinda annoying and I figured he wouldn’t stop asking till told him so I figured I’d just tell him what happened.

“Fine. If you have to know. I was about nine years old. There was this kid named DeAngelo Bailey, he was a few years older than me. He would always pick on me for no reason. It started out with names, then he took it too far, he stared shoving me around. Taking my lunch money and other shit. One day when I was in the bathroom, he came in, and cornered me in a corner. He started beating me with snowball packed with a rock or something. He kept hitting me in the head with it. After it melted he threw me against the urinal, and broke my nose. He kicked me, threw me against walls. I could hardly breathe, and then I passed out,” I explained. It was painful to go back to that. I really didn’t want to remember that horrible day.

“Is that it? Did he get in trouble?” Nick asked.

“No, that’s not it. After school I woke up having a seizer. I guess no one reported me missing. When my mother found me, she said I was laying in a pool of my own blood. She brought me to the hospital and I ended up being in a coma for ten days. A few days after I woke up, I was sent home with a bunch of meds. My mom said she didn’t like giving them to me, because I was like a zombie. I had to relearn everything, how to talk, walk, anything you could think of. I became an infant again…I guess. And that’s when my relationship with my mother changed after I got better,” I explained in a depressed voice.

“Damn, that’s fucked up,” Nick said in shock. “What happened to the kid? And why’d you let him push you around like that?” he asked.

“I don’t know. He was a lot bigger than me, some big black kid,” I mumbled, this was pretty embarrassing.
“That’s fucking retarded,” Nick said.

“Yeah, well it’s over now, my mom sued the school and got like 1,000 dollars,” I said.

“That’s not much,” Nick said.

“It was for us, at the time,” I said. “And the school sucked, they really didn’t give a fuck,” I said. “They just want money,” I added. “Now enough of this shit,” I mumbled.

~~~

Lily’s mom walked in the room. My eyes darted right to her, then down at Lily sleeping. “Hi,” she said waving her hand around and smiling like a freak. It was odd. I felt uncomfortable because Lily was sleeping.

“Hello?” I said unsure of myself.

“Lily sleeping?” she asked walking closer to me, making me feel even more uncomfortable, I wasn’t very good with parents, I don’t like parents, they are always trying to tell me what to do or they put me down, telling me I’m useless and a bad kid.

“Uhh, yeah, what? Are you gonna wake her up?” I asked looking down at Lily who was already up and she looked mad.

~~~Lily’s pov~~~

“Too late, I’m up,” I said annoyed with my mother’s perkyness.

“I’m sorry; I just got lunch for you guys. Its McDonalds. It’s in the kitchen. Now go eat,” she demanded. I looked over at Marshall, who looked uncomfortable but he had that look that he wanted food.

“Ok, we’ll be there in a bit,” I said. I got up off the bed and left the room, with Marshall behind me. Nick was already there stuffing his face. “Pig,” I whispered as I sat across from him, Marshall sat next to me. My dad handed us each a cheeseburger, fries and a pop.

“Thanks Dane,” Marshall said with a smile before eating his food.

“You’re welcome,” my dad smiled back.

“Thank you Daddy,” I smiled already eating.

“You’re welcome,” he said as he sat down across from my mom at the end of the table.

~~~

Before we could finish eating there was a knock at the door. “I’ll get it,” my mom said rising from her seat and proceeding to the door. “Lily, Marshall there’s a young man here for you,” my mother said. Marshall and I looked at each other confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I dont know if I said this but I think I said Marshall was 12, well I lied. He's 13, not 12 ok. He's 5 months older than Lily.

Anyway, I know it's been forever since I last updated this. Well here it is. I hope you liked it. Comment please. :)

And remember I love all my readers! :) No homo :)