Lie To Me

So look me in the eye. And lie, lie lie.

“NO! NO! NO!” He dropped to the floor so he was level with his wife and took her in his arms. “Hey, Anna, baby stay with me. Your gonna be-“
“Fine.” He didn’t know what to say. He was speechless. How could this happen? “Lie to me.”
“What?”
“Lie to me, and tell me that we’re gonna be alright. Lie to me, and tell me that we’ll make it through the night. Look me in the eye, and lie, lie, lie.”
“Baby, I- I don’t know what- I’m sorry. And that’s not a lie. I’m sorry I got us into this, I’m sorry for everything. I’m so, so sorry. And I love you, don’t you forget that!”
“I love you t-too.” She managed to cough out.
“One second, I promise I’ll be right back.
“Okay.” Jared stood up, to face the two sailors and punched them both in the face, and then he made a dash for the sailor with the gun and knocked him unconscious. He knew he didn’t have long; it was only a matter of time before more sailors heard the fuss and came to investigate. So he took the gun out of the unconscious sailor’s hand, and lifted it to his head. “This is for my wife.” And he pulled the trigger, and emptied it into the sailor’s skull. The two with the bloody noses just lay there in fear for their lives.

Jared crawled over to Deanna. She had gone as pale as a ghost. “Hey, I’m back, just like I said.” He cried. “ Don’t worry baby, we’re gonna be alright.” Deanna couldn’t answer, she didn’t have it left in her, all she did was mumble something Jay couldn’t make out, and let her head drop head on his shoulder. “No…” He whispered. “No.” Jared couldn’t go on, he burst out crying. “It’s okay, it’s okay. We’re gonna be okay. Don’t worry, we’re gonna be together soon, all three of us. Just you wait and see!” He sniffed. Picking up the gun with his shaking hands and lifting it to his own head. “I will always love you.” Were his last words as he closed his eyes, took his wife’s hand in his, and pulled the trigger, letting him and his family finally be together again.