Status: In Progress.

And All Things Will End.

One.

The flames died out slowly, leaving the stench of burning flesh behind.

Brian watched in horror as he realized what he had done, and he clenched his fists impatiently as he waited for it to be over. He closed his eyes, as the stench began to fade.

Then it was over.

He re-opened his eyes slowly, to see what he had created.

In front of him, sat an unrecognizable girl, laying on the floor. He laid a small blanket over her, as she began to rise up. She clung onto the blanket as though it was a life force, and she sat cross legged in front of him. No sign of scorching was found on her perfect skin. Her light brown hair hung below her shoulders, and she stared blankly at the ashes around her feet.

Slowly, she looked up.

"Charlie?" Brian questioned. He looked at her, slightly awe-struck.

"How... How am I alive?" She asked, a sad, questioning look on her face. She swore she burned to death.

"You're not alive." Brian answered, looking guilty, yet sad.

"What...?" She gestured to herself. "But I'm here, I'm talking..."

"Try and find your pulse." He spoke, looking down at his hands.

She lifted her hand, and placed it softly on her neck, and began to search. She found nothing.

"It's because your heart is no longer beating." He stated, noticing her confusion.

"Then what...?" She trailed off once more.

"V-vampire." Brian muttered, his words almost trembling. He turned his head shamefully, and looked towards another pile of ash.

"What?" She spoke quietly, shock in her tone.

"If I didn't turn you, you would die. A real death though, six feet under. He'd come after us. It was my only choice." He looked back at her, his eyes far away.

"But I am dead. How did that help? I'm still dead..." She shuddered at the thought.

"Only technically. You can still walk and talk. Just, your diet and appearance may be different." He spoke, hoping she would feel better.

"W-what?" She stammered.

She looked down at herself, realizing all she was covered in was the blanket.

"Why am I naked...?" She asked, warily.

"Your clothes burned when I set you on fire. Sorry." He looked away again, slightly embarrassed.

"Is there no spare?" She asked, biting her lip.

He took of the shirt he was wearing, and handed it over. He reached behind himself, and picked a pair of floral shorts from the ground.

"Sorry." He spoke, handing them over.

"Do you mind?" She asked. He lifted one hand, and turned around.

She stood up and dropped the blanket, and glanced over herself.

"What the...?!" She exclaimed, turning around, and glancing at her new perfect body. She quickly shoved the clothes on.

"Okay I'm done." She sat back down, as Brian turned.

"Why am I so skinny?" She exclaimed, joyful.

"When you're turned, I have to feed you my blood. Once that's in your system - you must be burned for the transformation to be complete. It burned away all the artificial features of your human body, such as tattoos, piercings, fat and hair dye. However, I have to say. I do prefer you as a brunette." He smiled at her, and ran his fingers through a piece of stray hair.

She pulled a disgusted look, upon noticing her original hair.

"So, why's it so long?" She asked, twirling a piece.

"Well, all your hair gets burned off and re-grows. It re-grows the same length for everyone really, to be styled. But it never grows back again after that, so I guess that's why."

"Soo. Do I have fangs?" She grinned widely.

She felt a little sadness, when she realized her teeth were at regular size upon running her tongue across.

"They come out when they need to." He smiled again, watching her excitement grow.

"The others..." She trailed off, realizing why they were underground.

"The wont find us." He spoke.

Charlie, feeling relieved, sat trying to figure out what else was different.

"Do I ever sleep or age?" She questioned, thinking of the many books and movies she'd seen.

"Neither." Brian smiled a little. "At least, I don't think I've aged..." He extended an arm, and twisted it mid-air.

"So... how old are you?" She asked, shyly.

"I would be 52 if I was human." He spoke, almost regretfully, watching for her reaction.

"Pfff! Wow!" She spoke, eyes popping wide.

She sat for a few minutes further, analyzing everything new about herself.

Then, she sat upright at the same time Brian did, both their eyes popping wide.

Charlie flew next to Brian, and they both crouched facing the entrance, fangs out.

They listening, slightly scared but impatient, as the coffin door slowly began to push open.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAYAY!
and thanks to the subscribers i have so far! i was on two stars without posting anything :)
thanks for sticking with the story, and i hope you all like this one!
xxxxxxxx