This Is An S.O.S.

Apox

I saw Travis get out of his car. Rebecca's car was behind his. If we didn't have to go get Josh, I would've been able to make Crea shut up by hugging him. Megan hugged him. "Quick!" I said. "Put on Love Today really loud!" Rebecca listened without questioning me. Travis didn't look back at all. I started to smile because he was wearing his hoodie. I love his hoodie for some reason.

"I'm going to have to go to Saugus." Travis said as soon as he got to the courts after prep. I was all Wha? No. Jacob tried thinking of ways to make him not be able to go. Travis' dad wants him to go to either Canyon or Saugus though. I thought to tell them that I read Jeneva's transfer papers, and that he couldn't go unless he has family working there or going there, but I didn't.

At brunch, we were sent outside because of all the people who have detention. "What are you going to do when you have to push a car in science?" Kirsten asked.

"I think I might ditch. Or fake sick. My mom knows I pretty much never get sick enough to miss school, she usually acts like I'm deathly ill when I'm that sick." Travis gave me a funny look again. The bell rang and I went to throw away trash.

"I have to go that way." Travis pointed towards gym."

"No!" I yelled. He poked my side and kept poking my shoulder until I left.

I waited for Megan at lunch. She told Jackie to tell me to wait. As we walked across the quad, I heard Jacob yell "Megan!" from behind us. She started to walk toward him and Travis.

"No!" I yelled to Megan "Don't do it! Don't do it!" she didn't listen.

Jacob hugged her, then me. Travis pointed at me and yelled "APOX ON YOU!" I'm not sure if it's spelled right, but it's pronounced uh-pocks like chicken pox. "Do you even know what that means?" I shook my head.

"It mean's sexually transmitted disease." Jacob said. Travis poked me on the shoulder. I found it kind of funny because as soon as the poking started, Megan and Jacob were next to each other, and Travis was next to me.

While playing butts up, Ronald kept trying to make me laugh. He was always a little late though. Me laughing means that I can't throw as good, or me dropping the ball.

I got re-dressed in less than a minute after gym. My teacher, Mr. Suarez kept us in because we couldn't hear him yell our names for testing.

The bell rang as soon as I finished putting on my pants. Outside, I ran to Brittany, then speed walked to the front. I thought Travis would've ditched me. "APOX ON YOU!" I saw Travis yell at Conner Whitely. "He doesn't know what 'apox on you' means." He said to me. From across the street, Kirsten was yelling my name. I waited, but started walking again.

"Travis! You don't even say hi to me?" he turned around and walked up the hill to us.

"Apox on you."

"You know what that sounds like?" I said "Chicken pox."

"I had that once"

"I didn't. I got the shot."

"The vaccine?" Travis asked "I got the vaccine and still got it." I smelled cigarette smoke coming from his car.