This Is An S.O.S.

Yesterday's chapter

Megan and I waited for Travis. She wanted to copy his science homework. He sounded kind of groggy when he got to us. "You're going to get in trouble. You ditch prep a lot."

"I've been ditching all quarter. They don't care. I'm actually called 'the invisible student."

"Drew's cd didn't work. He didn't do it right."

"You can clear it off, you know." Megan said.

"No you can't. I've tried."

"Well you can on my computer."

"My computer's a piece of crap."

"So is mine." Travis said. "But I have roadrunner, so my internet's fast."

"My internet's pretty fast too." I said. Megan did the beep beep noise that the roadrunner does.

"That's beepbeep.com." Travis informed her. "I like Wiley Coyote better."

"Me too. That's still on, you know." I happened to remember.

"I didn't know that." Megan said.

"It's on Boomerang." Travis and I said in unison, then looked at each other. Megan and I worked on our history while Travis worked on his math. He wouldn't let Megan copy his science because he thought that she wouldn't be able to read it.

"If I can read Alex's writing, then I can read anyone's writing."

"That's pretty true." I backed her up. He got out his notebook and gave it to her.

"Amber doesn't have to go to school today. She's got a doctor's appointment." Travis said to Drew.

"Who's Amber?" Megan asked.

"My sister." He showed Megan the picture of his sister on hos bookmark. Drew looked at it too.

"Is that her real hair?"

"Yeah."

"It's coming back curly. It used to be straight." Lorna was right. His sister did have cancer. I thought she was lying.

At brunch, Jacob wouldn't let me sit in my seat. I got Kathy to buy my food. They were all gossiping about how Jessica got into Early College High School.

"Hey!" Megan tried to get them to stop gossiping. "Alex signed up for that. It's the only thing keeping her in the state of California!"

"Oh." Jacob said. "Well, if you move, then can I have your pink balls?" I shook my head.

In gym, Travis would point my way while talking to the other student service. They walked to Mr. Suarez. I thought they were going to come bug me.

At lunch, Megan asked for Travis. I pointed back because I already knew he was there. She hugged him. I just noticed. He always looks at me when he hugs people.