A Bitter Form of Retaliation

It Begins with the End

Dear "friend,"

Why did you have to be so horrible to me? I don't even think you know what she said to me on my last day of school. I hope it stays that way. I wouldn't want to ruin a perfect friendship, would I?

Now, of course, you weren't so horrible to me. No, you did hug me when I cried. You were somewhat there for me.

You weren't exactly what I expected when I befriended you. I thought we would just be side friends. I knew you through a friend. It wasn't supposed to be any more than that. We had conversations.

Now, there was another girl. She was in my science class. It was the good old year when we were twelve. Of course, you both were thirteen. I was of the youngest in the grade.

A few weeks somehow flew by. Your silly comments on things turned to me. Why did you care how much I ate, what I looked like, or how I acted? I was nice to you, wasn't I? I didn't pick on you. I never insulted you. I had one bad week because of family issues. That was it.

You continued. Do you have any idea how much it hurt? I doubt you do. And cut the "I'm mean to close friends" crap. It's just an excuse for the way you treated me the two years you've known me. Did you even like me as a friend? Was I a target dummy?

You'll be a great lawyer, I'm sure. "I'm just better than you." And then you turn on me, when I ask for proof, and say it's a double standard. How? Why? Can you not face it that we're different? We're not the same. We're quite the opposite.

I've always wondered why I got picked on. It started in 6th grade, when my best friend started to turn on me. She used me, all throughout our four-year friendship.

My best friend had moved to another country when I was seven. My other best friend drifted apart from me when I was benched for a little while. I lost my friends by the time I was in sixth grade. But then I met another girl. She was in my math class. She became my friend after a short time. You two just came along and treated me like dirt.

Honestly, I'd be happy to turn my head if I ever saw you again. I hope I'll forget you soon. I might be immature and delete you off my friends list.

And you say you're bitter.

Sincerely,
The Slipper
♠ ♠ ♠
This may or may not be an unsent letter.