Status: NEW CHAPTERS SOON!!!

The Red on White

“Oh man, there is nothing finer than being behind the wheel of your own car! Except maybe for pussy!

History was more boring than I expected. I feel like I’ve learned this all last year…oh wait, I did. Thanks to the advance classes I took. Sadly, history was the only one I hadn’t passed. Now I have to redo it.

Leigh sat down next to me, and scribbled something on a piece of paper. She passed it to me.

I think Arnie’s real cute

I felt something inside of me explode. Who does she think she is? Arnie’s mine!

That’s when reality kicked in. What was I thinking? Arnie didn’t like me…

Really? That’s cool…
Oh, by the way, he’s inviting me after school to go see his car! :) It’s going to be far out.


Hmmm, two can play at this game!

When she read the note, she seemed stressed and saddened. A smirk played on my lips. I couldn’t believe it. Nor could I deny it…

I was falling for Arnie Cunningham, harder than a bag of bricks falling to the ground.

I sighed and sat down further into my seat. There was about seven minutes left, and I couldn’t wait to get the hell out of here.

Arnie likes me. He told Dennis, and Dennis told me.

I looked up at Leigh and she smirked. This got me angry. I nodded and waited for the slow and painful seven minutes to end. Leigh was staring a hole at the side of my head. I swear, she was just staring at me to see my reaction.

I liked Arnie, yeah, I did. A lot. But here she goes, saying stuff like that. Oh, who am I kidding? She could get any guy she wants. I sighed and right after, the bell rang. I rushed out of class and straight to my locker. I wanted to be alone.

I grabbed my bag and headed out to the bleachers. It would be a good few minutes before Arnie and Dennis would come here…

The feeling of a warm tear woke me up. I was crying. But why? Because Arnie liked Leigh? Because I wasn’t pretty enough to get a guy?

Like that was some surprise. No guy wanted me back in Detroit; no guy would want me here. I looked up and saw Dennis sitting next to me. Arnie wasn’t here yet.

“You okay?” He asked, concerned.
“Oh yeah, just peachy. I’m just falling in love with your best friend.” I said and sighed.
“Oh, that’s gre---, WAIT! WHAT?!” The jock yelled out.
“Yell out to the whole state, why don’t you? I like Arnie, okay?” I admitted and Dennis smiled.
“Don’t smile, Dennis. He likes Leigh.” I said and opened my bag. I looked around for some kind of release. All I found was a little bag of skittles. No drugs.

“Who told you that?” Dennis asked, mouth full of whatever sandwich he was eating.
“The girl herself. She said you told her.” I shrugged and popped a few skittles in my mouth.
“Look, Raven, Arnie’s really into you. He has no clue that Leigh is even existent! All he can talk about is you.” He replied and just as he finished talking, Arnie made his way towards us.

I felt my heart skip a beat. There was just something about him. Like the way he wore glasses, or his Converse. Or just his intelligence. I don’t know, but…

I craved it.