‹ Prequel: Spirit
Sequel: Apparition
Status: Start Date: June 6. 2009. Finish Date: August 19, 2009

Phantom

Dead or Alive

Chapter 13: Dead or Alive
“What’re we doing today?” I asked while watching Nathan wash our dishes from breakfast.
“I can take you boating if you like. Then we can dock at Clarke Beach Park and have a little picnic.”
“Yeah!” I chirped. “I’ve never been on a boat before! Except the ferry but that was only once.”
He chuckled.
Nathan and I went upstairs to change but then I realized I didn’t back anything that would be boating adequate.
“That’s why I bought you some clothes yesterday when we went to the mall. I noticed you were running out.” He walked into his room and came out with four three shopping bags that were obviously filled and two littler bags.
I sighed and shook my head. “Nathan. Really?”
He grinned and held out the bags.
“I just need shorts and flip flops, right?”
He nodded his head, still smiling.
“And which bag are those in?”
He held out the Diesel bag. I took it and brought it to my room. I emptied out the bag on the bed. I found the white khaki shorts and beige flip flops. I put the rest of the unneeded clothes back into the bag and handed them to Nathan.
“Those clothes don’t fit me. And they aren’t me style either,” Nathan said sarcastically.
“I’m not giving them back to you to wear, I’m giving them back to you to return.”
He sighed and slumped his shoulders. “Most girls would go crazy over these clothes, jewelry, and shoes.”
“Well I’m not like most girls,” I said and smiled. “Thank you anyways.” I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek.
He smiled and walked out of the room. “You’ll want these someday!” He called from his room.
“Return them, Nathan!” I demanded.
I slipped on the knee-length shorts and put on a plain white v-neck.
“Ready?” Nathan asked from the other side of the door.
“Yup,” I said popping the “P”.
He opened the door and exploded with laughter.
“What?” I asked and stared at him confused but then I understood what he was laughing about so I joined in. We were watching exactly. We were both wearing white khaki shorts with white plain v-necks and beige flip flops.
“I don’t know why your laughing, you probably planned this out,” I chuckled.
“Yeah, but it’s still funny.”
I shook my head and giggled.
We went downstairs to pack what we needed for our picnic into the classic straw basket. We even had the red and white checkered blanket.
The feice white speedboat floated next to the dock in the backyard. The boat had two floors which meant it was probably a yacht. Never in my life have I imagined myself on a yacht.
“Do you know how to drive this thing?” I asked. “Oh wait, don’t tell me, you have your license,” I said answering my own question.
He chuckled and nodded his head.
As Nathan drove the boat I kept my arms around his waist so I wouldn’t loose my balance when we collided with waves.
“Are you having fun?” Nathan asked me.
“Lots.”
He twisted his head back to kiss me. “I love you,” he murmured.
“I love you, too,” I giggled. I loved saying that to him. I was confident when I said it because I knew it was true and would always stay true.
We docked at Clarke Beach Park-which was on the lower right side of Mercer Island from where Nathan lived-and found a tree we could sit under.
We sat facing each other while we ate just smiling. It was truly nice. The waves crashing against the land sounded beautiful and that was the only sound we needed. It was just us two in the park and it was relaxing.
We finished eating and we laid against the tree facing the lake, my head resting on Nathan’s shoulder.
“This is nice,” he whispered.
“It is,” I agreed. “I don’t want this day to ever end.”
“Nor do I.”
I smiled to myself and held Nathan closer to me. As hard as I try, I can never make time slow it’s pace or stop the ticking of a clock. Somehow I knew that Nathan and I couldn’t stay hidden forever but the thing I knew for sure was that nothing can ever get in the way of me being with Nathan dead or alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Catalyst & The Incarnate: Phantom: Chapter 13: Dead or Alive.