‹ Prequel: Spirit
Sequel: Apparition
Status: Start Date: June 6. 2009. Finish Date: August 19, 2009

Phantom

Accident

Chapter 14: Accident
Seconds turned into minutes, minutes turned into hours, hours turned into days, days turned into weeks, and now it’s been two months from when Sarah and Keith had left.
“Natalia, I can’t stand seeing you like this!” Nathan cried and twisted me so that I would look him in the eye.
We sat on the sofa in front of the TV which was tuned to one of the reality TV shows that I wasn’t really paying attention to but just staring into space.
“Why can’t we do it just once?” I whispered, my voice monotone.
“Your father and Keith told me to keep you safe and by me training you how am I supposed to do that? I haven’t even gained full control of Clarence.”
“Why can’t you see that we’re never going to be safe? As we speak the Vanburens might be heading this way and here we sit, defenseless.”
“Keith and Sarah-”
“Keith and Sarah should be back by now!” I cried. “It’s been two months. What? Do you really think that they’re still hunting the Vanburens? The Vanburens are hunting us,” I hissed.
“Even if they were hunting us they couldn’t find us. Natalia, we’re fine. Keith and Sarah are fine.”
“Did you forget what Sarah’s ability is? She’s a seeker. Did you forget what Aurelia’s ability is? She’s a power absorber. If Sarah and Keith even came face to face with the Vanburens, who do you think would win?”
Nathan went quiet and looked down.
“So please, Nathan. Train me. Please.” I pleaded.
He groaned in defeat. “Thirty minutes only.”
I smiled and clapped my hands. “Let’s go!” I jumped off the sofa and dragged Nathan behind me up the stairs.
The lights in the white room flickered to life one by one when I turned on the switch. I haven’t been in this room for so long. There were still cracks and dents in the walls of the room from the last training session that went on in here. It gave me the chills.
“Are you ready?” Nathan asked from behind me.
“Yeah,” I said a bit nervously.
“I’m going to walk to the very end of the room. Hopefully that’ll be far enough for you to transform.”
As Nathan started to walk to the opposite side of the room from me, he started to transform. It seemed to me that he didn’t even shake anymore. He transformed with ease like Keith and Sarah did. Nathan was so close to gaining control that was ridiculous on how reluctant he was to train me.
Nathan nodded his head when he got to the end of the room which meant it was my turn. I closed my eyes and began to balance out my emotions; thinking about what made me sad, angry, happy, jealous, and every other emtion. The first tremor ran down my spine which meant I was doing fine.
I thought that without training for a long time I’d completely forget how to transform on demand but I guess I was wrong.
The second involuntary tremor came, then the third, fourth, and fifth. The intervals between the tremors lessened and it went from tremors to vigorous vibration. The vibrations began to slow down. It wasn’t long before I was still.
Throughout the whole time, it was difficult for me to keep Nathan out of my mind but just let little bits of him in but it was even harder since he was in the room.
I opened my eyes and the only thing I was able to see was blackness and stars. I smiled to myself triumphantly.
“Good job, Natalia!” Nathan cheered.
“Thank you,” I said, taking a bow and laughed.
“Shall we start with the training?” He called from the other side of the room.
“The sooner the better.”
“Do you still remember how to control your abilities or do we need to review?”
I stood silent and still. I sent out a wave from my body and I found Nathan standing across from me. I sniffed the air and smelled Nathan’s scent. I listened closely to check if I was able to focus my hearing and I only heard the breathing of Nathan. I walked over to the nearest wall, placed my hand on the cement and dug my fingers into the wall going as slowly as I can then retrieved my fingers from the wall.
I turned back to face Nathan and nodded my head with an impish grin. “I’m ready.”
I quickly got into a crouch and ran toward Nathan, lunging into the air to tackle him. Suddenly he was right behind me and he pulled me to him by the waist making me loose my breath.
“You naughty girl, you got a head start,” he whispered into my ear.
I giggled and pulled myself away pushing him away but accidently sent him flying across the room. He crashed into the cement wall and slid to the floor.
I gasped and ran to him. “Nathan, are you okay?” I cried and held up his head.
His eyes flashed open and he smiled. He placed his hand on my leg and suddenly my leg was icy cold and numb.
He laughed and jumped away from me. I tried to stand up but my leg was numb and I fell right back down.
“Come here, Nathan!” I demanded, testing out my singular ability.
Nathan walked over to me with a smirk. He bent down to look me in the eye. “I’m your tranquilizer, remember?” He kissed me on the lips and ran away laughing.
I groaned angrily. I couldn’t use my power when Nathan was around. With Nathan, I was almost a normal girl.
Once my leg regained feeling I flung up into the air and held onto one of the large lights. I swung the light back and forth until I had enough force for me to jump onto Nathan below me. I let go of the light and jumped onto Nathan’s shoulders. Right before he fell face flat onto the floor, I jumped off his back.
I bent down in front of Nathan. “Who said I needed me powers?” I kissed Nathan on the lips and ran away laughing.
Suddenly Nathans arms were around my waist and I was about to get sandwiched between a wall and Nathan but then Nathan twisted us around in midair and his back ended up colliding with the wall while he still held onto me.
I twisted around to see if Nathan was alright and he was smiling.
“Nathan, let go of me! Your giving me goosebumps!”
“What? You don’t like the cold?” He murmured into my ear. His cold lips against my ear made me shudder.
“Fine, when I die of hypothermia you better come up with a darn good explanation for my dad.”
“I wouldn’t let that happen to you,” he murmured and chuckled.
“Then let me go,” I grumbled and elbowed him in the stomach with all the force I was able to exert.
He dropped me and I fell to the floor.
“That wasn’t very nice,” he said like he was my father and he was teaching me manners.
He jumped out of the dent in the wall and started to run around me in full speed. I bent down in a crouch and sent out constant sensitive waves. Once I knew the exact time to attack, I lunged myself at Nathan but where I thought he’d be, he wasn’t there. I sent out another wave and I found him not on the ground but on the ceiling. I bent down to gather as much force as I possibly can. Then I sprung into the air my right leg first to give Nathan a good kick.
There were four sickening cracks when my leg collided with the ceiling. When I understood what had happened, I let out a bloodcurdling scream. I tried to jump back down to the ground but my leg was stuck in the ceiling and trying to jump caused more pain.
I heard pieces of the ceiling starting to fall out and cracks enlarging. I tried to pull ou my leg but with each touch I’d let out another scream.
“I’m not going to fall for that,” Nathan called from below me.
“Nathan! I’m stuck!” I cried.
Then a large chunk of cement fell out of the ceiling. At the bottom of the chunk was me.
“Nathan!” I screamed, tugging at my leg.
Right before I became unconscious, I fell to the hard cement floor.

“Natalia,” Nathan sighed in relief.
I flickered my eyes a bit more to regain my vision.
Nathan brushed my face with his hand and kissed me. “I’m so sorry, Natalia. I’m sorry. I feel so stupid! I knew I shouldn’t have trained you. I’m sorry,” he cried.
“Nathan,” I mumbled. “I’m fine.” I tried to sit up but then there was pain so I screamed.
“Lay back down,” he whispered.
“It hurts,” I panted.
“You broke your right hip. And your leg in three places. Your left arm was broken as well but it’s already healed because it wasn’t as worse as what happned to your leg. This is my fault,” he sighed and covered his face with my hands.
“Why am I in your room? Shouldn’t I be in a hospital?”
“I can’t take you to the hospital, remember?”
“Oh yeah.”
“I’m so stupid,” Nathan mumbled.
“Nathan, you aren’t stupid. This isn’t your fault.”
“Yes it is. Only if I didn’t train you, you’d be fine.”
“I’m the one that wanted to do this. This is my fault,” I argued.
“Well,” he sighed. “This is the first and last time I’m ever going to train you.”
“Nathan-”
“For the sake of my sanity, Natalia, I can’t,” he cried.
I sighed. “Fine.”
“Thank you,” he whispered and kissed me on the forehead. “So how are you feeling?”
“It doesn’t hurt as much as before,” I said and twisted my right leg subtly but then squeaked in pain. “Nevermind.”
He chuckled. “Do you need anything?”
“Just stay here with me,” I sighed and smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Catalyst & The Incarnate: Phantom: Chapter 14: Accident.