‹ Prequel: Spirit
Sequel: Apparition
Status: Start Date: June 6. 2009. Finish Date: August 19, 2009

Phantom

Only You

Chapter 2: Only You
“I’m so tired,” Nathan murmured as we walked down the stairs.
“Maybe you shouldn’t have used up all of your energy trying to kill, Keith,” I said smugly.
“I feel like I didn’t train enough though.”
“You trained plenty,” Keith said. “You don’t want to over train, do you?”
“No,” Nathan murmured. His forehead creased.
“You don’t want to turn out like-”
“Keith!” Nathan warned and closed his eyes. I looked at Nathan who stopped at the bottom of the stairs. He pinched the bridge of his nose.
“Are you okay?” I murmured and tried to remove Nathan’s fingers from his nose. He wouldn’t budge.
I waited a while and finally he let go and smiled.
“Yeah, I’m fine,” he said, in his normal tone.
“What was that about?” I asked as we walked to the backyard.
“Oh, it was nothing,” he said like it really was nothing. “He was just referring to something that happened in my dreams.”
“Oh. Okay,” I said as I sat down next to the pool and dipped my feet into the water. Nathan copied me.
“So what happened while training?” I asked as I sloshed my feet through the water.
“What’re you talking about?” He asked.
“Why were you so… angry?”
His clenched his jaw and looked up to the sky then looked back down at me.
“What did he put into your head?” I asked.
“A picture,” he said simply.
“I know it was a picture but a picture of what?”
He looked down at his feet. “A picture of you,” he murmured.
“You get angry when you see a picture of me?” I asked, confused.
“Not just of you,” he said, still looking down. “Of your past… love interest,” he said in utter disgust. He was talking about my ex-best friend and boyfriend, Lawren Shaw who long ago left me because of my dishonesty.
“Why were you mad about that?” I asked.
“Instead of you and me…, it was you and… him.”
I grabbed his hand and massaged the back of it with my thumbs. “Nathan,” I murmured. “I’m with you. Not him,” I said reminding him.
“I know that; but just the picture of you two together… it just makes me….” He shuddered.
It was cute to see him jealous but I also felt sorry for him that Keith put that picture in his head. “You don’t have to worry,” I whispered.
He sighed. “I know.”
“And in plus, me and him aren’t even talking! Nor are we friends!” I added.
He smiled. “I just want you to know that if you do fall for him again-”
“Nathan, stop!” I said interrupting him. I knew what he was going to say.
“Let me finish,” he insisted.
I sighed. “Fine.”
“So I was saying, that if you ever fall for him again, I won’t hold you back-”
“Why would you say that?”
“Let me finish!”
“Fine,” I mumbled.
“I won’t hold you back from what you want. I’ll be here as long as you want me and when you get bored of me, I won’t beg you to stay. I won’t ask for a second chance if it’s what you really want. Okay, I’m done.”
I breathed out for I’ve been holding my breath so I wouldn’t let myself interrupt him. “Nathan, my interest for Lawren is dead and gone. You are the only person I truly want the most. I want to be with you and only you and nothing could ever get in the way of that. Nathan, you need to understand that I want you and only you.”
Nathan slowly smiled. “It’s nice to know that,” he murmured and leaned in to brush his lips softly against mines.
“Get in here, lovebirds!” Sarah screamed from the door. “It’s time to eat!”
Nathan stood up and helped me up. We walked into the house and went to the dining room to eat breakfast.
Nathan sat across from me as always and Keith and Sarah sat at both ends of the long table where in the center was a feast that would need at least ten people other than four. Keith liked to over-work.
“Dig in!” Keith cheered happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Catalyst & The Incarnate: Phantom: Chapter 2: Only You.