‹ Prequel: Spirit
Sequel: Apparition
Status: Start Date: June 6. 2009. Finish Date: August 19, 2009

Phantom

Obsessed

Chapter 8: Obsessed
“How do you turn off the flash?”
“Who cares?”
Another bright light flashed and I stirred in my bed. It took my a couple minutes to realize that the flashes weren’t coming from my dream but from a camera.
“He’s so cute!” A girl squealed in a whisper.
That voice was so familiar, it sent me bolting up right in my bed like I would when I used to have my dreams. “What are you doing in here?” I yelled at Chloe and Alex.
“Your mom let us in,” Chloe responded and took another picture of Nathan.
“Get out of my house and stop taking pictures of my boyfriend you physco,” I said and pointed to the door.
“Don’t be such a grouchy Gertrude,” Alex said like she was talking to a child.
“We made plans to hang out, remember?” Chloe asked.
I tried to remember when I made plans with them but I couldn’t. “We didn’t make plans to hangout.”
“Oh. Really?” Alex asked, feigning surprise. “Since we’re here, we might as well just stay.”
I moaned and looked over my bed to check on Nathan.
“It’s out of battery!” Chloe screamed.
“Natalia! Do you have extra batteries around here?” Alex panicked.
“I think we have some downstairs,” I responded.
Chloe and Alex ran out of my room.
“Are they gone?” Nathan whispered.
“Yeah.”
“Good! Lock the door,” he directed.
I quickly jumped out of bed and flipped the lock on my door sighing with relief.
Nathan got up from his mattress and sat on my bed with me.
“They went too far with this,” I sighed and shook my head. “What am I going to do with them?”
“Tell them to stop for your sake. And mine,” he suggested.
“I’ve tried doing that but they never understand. They act like your famous.”
“Maybe you should hook them up with someone.”
“Do you have any brothers?” I asked and laughed.
“No,” he sighed. “Just be assertive and tell them straight up.”
“Natalia!” Chloe called from the other side of the door and shook the knob. “Open the door!”
“Did you find the batteries?” I asked.
“Yeah! Now open up,” Alex responded.
“Wow,” I mouthed. “I didn’t even tell them where they were.”
“What are you two doing in there?” Chloe asked and started to bang on the door.
Nathan pointed to the window and smiled.
“If I don’t tell them to stop, they never will,” I sighed. “They need to understand thoroughly.”
Nathan pouted. “Fine. But just to be safe, I’m going to be outside in the front lawn.”
I laughed. “Okay.”
Once Nathan was out of my room and unlocked the door and quickly jumped onto my bed as my door slammed open and shook my room.
“You’re lucky my parents are already at work and my brother and sister are at daycare. That would have totally woke them up.”
“Where is he?” They both asked looking around my room.
“I need to talk to you two.”
“We can do that later,” Alex said indifferently and looked under my bed.
“No. We do that now,” I corrected.
They both ignored me and kept looking.
“This is small room. Where could he possibly be hiding?” Chloe murmured.
I groaned. “I’ll tell you where he is if you listen to me.”
They both rushed to my side to listen to what I had to say. Or at least look like they were listening.
“Can you hurry up?” Alex asked.
“I’m going to take my sweet time if you ask me to hurry or if you don’t look like you’re listening.”
They both moaned.
“Are you listening?” I asked the both of them.
They nodded their heads and once I was sure they were telling the truth, I began.
“Okay, I’ve told you this before but it never seemed to get through your heads.
“I don’t appreciate you two… melting all over Nathan. I tired to be flexible with it but what girlfriend is fine with their best friends falling all over their boyfriend? If you were really my friends, you would respect my wishes and not barge into my house unexpectedly and take picture of Nathan while we’re sleeping!”
“We already know that, Natalia,” Alex said.
“No you don’t because if you did, you would’ve shown my a long time ago.”
“We could have…. But we chose not to,” Chloe said triumphantly.
“And why is that?” I asked trying to restrain my anger.
“We’re all girls, Natalia! Every girl has their celebrity crush and Nathan is ours!”
“Nathan isn’t even a celebrity.”
“He could be,” Chloe pointed out.
“He wants to be a journalist not a… rock star or male model.”
“You make everything so difficult,” Alex sighed. “Let’s just call the way we act hysteria.”
“You got that right,” I said and chuckled. “Well, can you two just please stop being so hysterical when you’re around him?”
“That’s going to be hard,” Chloe said deliberating.
“It’s going to be hard but you’re going to do it,” I said singling out each word.
“Your right,” Alex said and sighed. “We wouldn’t like it very much if Natalia was falling all over our boyfriends.”
“Imaginary boyfriends,” Chloe corrected.
I laughed and hugged my two friends.
“Nathan, you can come in now,” I called.
“Alrighty then!” Nathan said climbing in through the window cautiously making sure that Chloe and Alex were calm and wouldn’t come running to him and accidently push him back out the window.
“We aren’t dogs,” Chloe said. “You can let go of us.”
I laughed and let them both go, watching every move they make.
“So since we’re here, why don’t we all go hangout?” Alex suggested.
“If you can handle that,” I said and laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Catalyst & The Incarnate: Phantom: Chapter 8: Obsessed.