Perfect Has Lost It's Meaning

oo4: William

I walked into my brother’s home without answering his question. I pulled of my sunglasses and looked around his apartment. This was actually this first time I had ever came to his house. Martin and I weren’t that close, I stayed out of his business, and he stayed out of mine. I was pretty sure that he wished that we were close, but I didn’t really want anything to do with him.

You are probably wondering why I was at his apartment then. I didn’t bother to go say hi to Jane, which I was almost certain, was his “girlfriend”. Ha, I wouldn’t have been surprised if he never got a date. I walked into his kitchen and pulled a can of coke out of his refrigerator.

“So, Martin.” I called as I untwisted the lid to the bottle, “Mom and Dad want you to come over to dinner tomorrow.”

“Oh, Why?” Martin said. I rolled my eyes, why did he sound so overly joyful? “Oh right. It’s their anniversary.”

“Yeah, can you make it?” I said leaning up against his counter. I liked to see him as little as possible.

“Jane can come too right?” Was his reply.

“I don’t know. Didn’t think to ask, go call them.” I said to him as I walked into the room where they were.

He nodded and walked off. I sat down on a chair, before I noticed Jane. I looked over at her. She was really pretty, how did Martin end up scoring a blonde like this? I had no clue.

“Hi, I’m Jane Westin. Martin’s girlfriend.” She reached over to shake his hand.

“William Choi. I’m his brother.” I introduced myself in the duration of our hand shake. “Step-brother” I added, it was kind of obvious that we weren’t actually related seeing I was Korean and he wasn’t.

She nodded, “Nice to meet you.” She leaned back in her seat, looking uncomfortable. Awkward. “Are you older or…?”

“Younger actually.” I answered most people thought that I was either the same age as him or a little older. “I’m nineteen.”

Jane looked slightly shocked, “Oh. Are you in college? I’m in my first year, majoring in business.”

I let out a laugh, her expression changed to a ‘what’s-so-funny-about-that?’ look.

I shook my head, “I’m still in high school.” She looked shocked once again, I’m full of surprises, eh?

“Oh, Sorry.” Jane looked slightly embarrassed.

As if on cue my older ‘brother’ walked into the room, “You can come. I guess we will tell everyone tomorrow then.” He clapped then turned to me, “Want to stay for lunch?”

“Nah, I promised Ike I’d meet him for lunch.” Ike was my best friend since I moved here. I didn’t have plans with him, but I just wanted to get out of there.

“Okay, see you later then.” Martin said, and I left without saying goodbye.

*~**~*

I drove to my high school. It had been a couple of hours since I’d been at Martin’s. Despite the fact that it was a Saturday, I had to go to school. I didn’t have classes but I had practice. I was on the track team. Actually, I was the best member. Upon my arrival I saw one my friends, Jessica. Well, she wasn’t actually my friend. Honestly I couldn’t stand the girl. She followed me everywhere.

When I was younger, I went to a Korean Cultural center, and guess who was there. Yes, none other than Jessica. Most of my friends are from there too.

“Oppa!” She called running over to me. “Oppa, I’ve come to watch you practice okay?” Her obnoxious voice hurt my ears. I nodded and put on a fake smile. My mom was friends with hers so I had to be nice to her.

“Hey, have you seen Ike?” I asked her as we walked towards the back of the school.

She nodded, “Ike Oppa is already practicing.” It was my turn to nod.

“Okay, I’m going to go change. See you later ‘kay?” She nodded to my question and I ran off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oppa = Older Brother in Korean. Girls call close older male friends that too.

If any other Korean terms come in, I will state them, kay?

Song: Nu ABO - f(x)
This song doesn't match at all, but I wanted to listen to it.