Perfect Has Lost It's Meaning

005: Martin

I pulled up in front of Janes’ house and honked my horn. After about 2 minutes she hurried outside barefoot with her shoes in her right hand. She opened up the passenger door and got in quickly.

“Sorry I’m late hun.” She greeted me with a kiss on the cheek.

“No problem.” I responded “I’m not really looking towards this event anyways.” I sighed.

“And why is that?” Jane mumbled while trying to zip up her heels.

“Well” I paused “I don’t think William likes me. I don’t think Chin likes me either.”(Chin is my step father.) I spoke with a frown as I turned the corner and pulled into my mothers familiar driveway.

“Of course they like you! They love you, your family Martin.” She nodded reassuringly at me.

“Whatever.” I sighed “Let’s just go get this over with.” I got out of the car and walked around to help Jane out. Once she was out I grabbed the wrapped bottle of wine I had purchased for my Mother and Chin’s anniversary gift and made my way to the front door with Jane at my side.

Ding-Dong .

The doorbell rang through the house and I could hear footsteps coming towards the door. It was someone wearing heels. Mom.

Just then the door swung open and my mother threw herself at me and greeted me with a hug.

“Hey mom.” I grinned into her black scented hair.

“Hello sweetheart.” She pulled away and turned to Jane and greeted her with the same big hug.

“Hello Jane.” She smiled when she pulled away.

“Hello Mrs. Dames.” Jane smiled her sweet little smile.

“Please honey, “My mother replied “call me Susan, your practically part of the family.” My mom then turned and walked into the house and gestured for us to come in. As Jane and I stepped inside Chin made his way top the door and put his arm around my mothers waist. He bowed his head slightly at both Jane and I.

“Hello Martin, Jane.” He smiled.

“Hello Chin. This is for you and my mom.” I passed the wine to him.

“Thank-you.” His smile widened. “Follow me, your mother has everything ready in the dining room.”

He lead us to the dining room and placed the bottle on the table. As we took our seats William entered the room and kissed my mom on the cheek.

“Hello Susan.” He grinned making her blush. He then turned to his dad and nodded, “Father.”

Well this is gonna be one hell of a night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, I do quite enjoy comments.
Subscriptions are also appreciated! <3