Status: active...... but slow

Harder Than You Know

"..and sold to Buyer #439."

A rough hand grabbed Aria by her arm and she was dragged from her spot to a mysterious man with kind, green eyes. The slave auction was held twice a year with the first having non-virgin, temperamental young adults sold for a lower price than the second one with innocent, timid, virgins. It was currently the second season, and Aria just wanted all of the madness to end and go back home.

Forced to put on a sheer dress that barely covered her legs, Aria felt both relieved and surprised when the man wrapped his coat around her and, thankfully, covered her up. She noticed the colorful ink covering his arms and was momentarily mesmerized by them.

"Hello there." he said with a very dazzling grin, snapping her out of her thoughts.

She didn't respond, too scared and shy to even move. She felt as if someone were staring and jumped when she turned her head and saw the auctioneer/guard glaring at her, unhappy with her behavior. The man with green eyes noticed and smiled warmly at her and gently readjusted his coat, buttoning the very top so that it wouldn't fall off of her slender body, murmuring, "Don't worry. He can't hurt you. No one can now."

"Now, what's your name?" he asked her. His voice was low and enticing and not at all menacing like the other men around here. "I don't want to call you 948 forever."

"A-Aria.." she answered softly, shifting her gaze to her bare feet which were dirty and scratched due to her shoes being taken away when she was kidnapped just two weeks ago. Two weeks that felt like an eternity.

"Aria." he mused. "Pretty name."

He followed her gaze to the ground, raised an eyebrow, and carefully picked her off the floor, earning a startled gasp from her. He laughed, causing her to blush and try to somehow hide herself in his coat. This man was different, she thought to herself. Kind, not at all fierce.

"Shall we get going?" he said to a very flustered and red Aria.

"Y-yes s-s-sir." she stammered as they headed toward a very luxurious looking car.

"Call me Zacky."