Regrets Remembered, Once Forgotten

Once Forgotten

The see-through ghost cocked her head. Yes?
My body trembled as I outstretched my hands towards her. The temperature lowered and lowered as I got nearer before finally, going through her transparent shoulder. I gasped as I watched in awe and horror, "What-What happened to you?"

I heard the wind get louder, almost sounding like laughter. "Don't you remember? You should. I didn't give you those memories for nothin'."

Resting my fingers on my temples, I asked her in a scared voice, "What do you mean?"

I felt her giggle and pass off our exchange as nothing out of the ordinary. "You silly-willy! I showed you those memories so you'd remember me, your best friend! The one you.. pushed."

With the last sentence said, her face darkened and her once happy smile disappeared. I didn't know what anything meant so I just looked at her in horror. "I-I didn't mean to."

She mocked me with her eyes. "Of course you didn't! You'd never do that, now would you?"

She turned her head down then faced me. Before I knew what was happening, she charged at my trembling body and went straight to it. All I figured out was, she never came out the other side.

My body went cold as if ice dripped all over my body as if I quickly jumped into a tub of ice water. My vision blurred and looked as if a dirty glass was covering it. I wasn't even able to rub my eyes for my arms felt limp at my side and hard to move. Yet, they moved against my will.

I heard the wind giggle as if it was right next to my ear. "Now, let's see if you can pay for your so called 'regrets.' "

I felt my right foot move slowly forward, my left foot following behind it. I watched as everything was done for me because I didn't know what was going on. The only thing I came to know was; I was standing right next to the edge.