Regrets Remembered, Once Forgotten

Friends Forever

My body, no longer mine to control, sat motionless. Not a single sound escaped past my throat, all my limbs lay by my sides. The car itself seemed to be below degrees Fahrenheit. Maybe it was just me, though.

Yalley sighed inside my head and moved her see-through body away from me causing for my body to go back to normal and for me to have control of it.

She looked down at the dashboard in front of her since she was currently presiding in the passenger seat. Her pitch black hair covered her eyes, the ones that held no depth in them, just darkness. The black orbs remained still behind her hair, as did my body. My mind was swarming with activity.

Her eyes looked up and reached mine. For the first time they held emotion. Sincerity, sadness, and guilt covered them making them almost seem lighter. I pondered on why she had a change of heart, but was disrupted from my thoughts when her voice cut the silence.

"I would like to apologize for what I've done. It wasn't.. really your fault, " she gulped. Must have been hard for her to say what she's thinking after years with no one to talk to. "It wasn't your-your fault that I... died. And for that I am deeply sorry."

My eyes faltered under her sad gaze. My mouth gaped in shock. I was caught off guard and it showed in my face. She looked at me expectantly, waiting for me to reply. She didn't wait long. "I- I don't know what to say."

She took my hands, well, at least tried. "You don't need to say anything. I just wanted to tell you."

Yalley looked down at her transparent hands. "I just wish I could show you that I truly mean it."

I swallowed the ball in my throat. My voice was temporarily paralyzed. We sat in silence, in my small two-seat car. The crickets chirped in the seemed to be deeply sincere, but my voice betrayed me and never spoke my thoughts.

Finally, I regained my voice and looked at Yalley. "Look I accept. I don't need drama in my life, and now that I can live happily, I think I can call you a friend."

I smiled at her and she smiled back. No one said a word. We both knew that we wanted to hug each other but we couldn't without facing the horrible truth that that may never happen. Especially since she didn't have the energy to make her body into full mass.

I looked at the bracelets we both seemed to have on. "So... friends forever?"

She smiled at me. "Friends forever."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that scene sucked. You probably expected something action packed with Godzilla in the background and Chuck Norris and Clint Eastwood up front with AC-130's. But instead, you get a Volturi fight scene. You know, the one that was called off?

- Alexx.