Blood Omen (Diary of a Vampire)

Sister

We walked into the school, with our bags draped over one shoulder. The humans stared at us, like we were the new kids.
Our pale faces gave us away, but so did our sharp canine teeth, they had to show while we talked. One kid started to whisper, I looked at him deathly, and he backed behind some of the other students.
“These kids haven’t a gut to stick up with” Kate said, laughing.
A teacher walked up to us, i recognised her from the meeting.
“Don’t worry about them, you might be labelled as the outcasts here, but fear in humans control them” She whispered in my ear. I chuckled.

The bell rung, and we were all in the same class, so we walked to our year 9 classroom.

“Class-” The teacher said “we have new students, from the night class” she said, stumbling on her words, as if she feared us too.
“We have Lucifer and Felicity, who are twins, Kate, Amy and last but not least, Aurora” She said, pointing to each of us.
Bending down to our height, she said “A few of the students will spread rumours and tease you but it is no fuss” She whispering.
I looked around for a whole heap of desks arranged so we could sit together, but they were all spread out.
I took Amy and sat in the most uncomfortable table there was, Amy sat across from me, next to a good looking tall boy, who smiled and jerked his head towards us.
The teacher looked down to her desk and started to read.
“So, where are you two from?” The boy asked us.
I looked up from my book and scowled.
“we come from here, but we were transferred from the night class here” I said, the boy shuddered and smiled.
“Humans from a night school, what were the vampires like?” He asked curiously.
“I don’t know what to say” Amy said, looking at me.
“I don’t take being called human a complement” She growled.
“We are the gifted ones, the only ones able to see the light” I explained, extending my fangs.
The boy jumped back in fear, as i leaned foreword to give him a better look.
Lucifer loudly laughed from the other side of the room.
“Aurora, they think were human!” He laughed again, Felicity’s laugh was like pealing bells, but they were soft. Kate sat with a bunch of humans who did not fear her at all; they were asking her if she would turn them. I laughed.
One human from the back stood up and addressed the class. The teacher looked up and sat in a position meaning to listen to her.
“Since when do vampires sit in class with us? They aren’t vampires” She accused. Kate, Amy and I stood up. I ran up to her face and popped my fangs out once again for her to see.
“We are real alright!” Kate yelled.
“Prove it then! If you are really vampires, feed on one of the Emo’s over there” She suggested. I looked at her in disbelief.
I stuttered as I walked over slowly to the teacher.
“I cant, it’s not that I’m a coward but the problem is that it’s wrong to show the students how I kill” I whispered. Kate sighed.
“Just show them your gift, kill the cat out there” She said. I sighed too. Is that how easy it can get?
“look over at the window then” I said breathlessly. But I stopped.
“I don’t have to prove anything big, see if you feel this” I said, looking towards the student.
“what are you-” She cut her speech off as she saw my eyes roll into the back of my head and her eyes started to bleed.
I cut off of my concentration.
“All of us have gifts, each more dangerous than the last” I explained. Lucifer and Felicity stood up. Felicity’s hand turned to ice, and a flame lit on Lucifer’s finger. Amy looked at me as she shook her head.
“Mines purely designed to kill” She said.
“I’m not demonstrating”
Kate looked out of the window and a lightning bolt struck the cat. She turned around with a smile on her face.
The student looked at all of us, nodded, and sat back down.

Recess came quickly, but we weren’t the freaks as everyone had anticipated. We hang out with the Emo’s, sharing stories of death and destruction. When it came time to ask how we were all turned, my head swivelled to listen, as none of us had heard each others stories.
“6 years ago, I was sleeping in my bed in Melbourne. That night, I was snatched from my room and brought here in a matter of a week, and I was turned” Amy explained.
The Emo’s stayed quiet and looked at the twins.
“Lucifer?” One of the Emo’s whispered.
“Well, we were born vampire, but our father was a human, so we are half-bloods” He said, pointing between himself and Felicity.
All eyes rested on Kate, she has been the most troubled one here, never really speaking.
“I don’t remember my human years, all I remember is being locked in a black coffin until some people dug me out” She whispered.
“We all found each other at the school, being the only gifted ones there” I said.
“Yeah, what about your story Aurora?” Lolita asked, one of the Emo’s.
“I was born Vampire, just like the twins. But I’m a pure blood, the last one as my mother and father were murdered and I was told my sister was dead, even though I was separated from her since birth, like Lucifer and Felicity we were twins but at birth we were joined by the hip” I said, with my mouth full of food.
The bell rang for the second half of school, so far, my first human school day wasn’t doing so good, but it was going great at the same time. The humans weren’t ignoring us, and we were the talk of the school.
Maybe, here, I would find the perfect friend for me.

“How was day school?” One of my friends from the night school asked me on MSN.
I typed as fast as i can to fit all of the details in.
“It was ok, we made new friends, who act like vampires but aren’t, their called Emo’s” I typed. I wondered if she’d get the point. After what seemed like hours after typing, she finally got the thing I was talking about.

I turned the computer off and lied in my bed, listening to Evanescence, and thinking about what losses, what I have gained from just being with the humans, I felt more human than I have ever felt.
Lucifer, I know he likes me, more than I know. And to his coincidence I like him too, maybe more than I should hope to be.

I got up after sleeping for 3 hours, just to go hunting.

The prey took over my senses, but the humans blurred the vision my nose led me with, I didn’t want those puny ones with barely enough blood to feed a barn rat, nor did I want to even sleep on the pillow which reminded me I have blood on my hands, I do not, and never will I feed on a Human for as long as I live!
But, the Animals would do for now.

Dear Diary…

Where art thou is Lucifer when needeth? Yeah, main line for the first diary entry of my life! Today wasn’t as good as it should of been, I nearly hunted the humans again today, even though I should refrain against hunting in well populated area’s, I still ignore myself.
I think I will hunt out in the forest, far from Human scent.
I really think that Lucifer likes me, even though he is weird, and I don’t like him that way, I still can’t help myself from thinking all about it.
But, this isn’t a documentary, so I believe that you will eat these words up like an anorexic cat eating for the first time in two weeks.
Today at school, we were asked to write a self-portrait of ourselves, demonstrating on how our life would progress in the future. This is what I’m going to write.
My name is Aurora Fracelli, and I am 16 years old. Yes, I have a middle name, but it’s stupid.
My star sign is Taurus, since my birthday is on the 11th May.
I was born 23 years ago on the corner of Washington and George St, right in front of the local chocolate factory.
My best friends name is Amy-Leanne, and she is short, half Brazilian, red hair and is very funny. She has two lip piercings.
I have 5 cats, whose names are Angel, Spike, Licky, Ciara and Lastly Janet. I’ve never in my life had a dog; I am the 23 year old cat lady trapped in a 16 year olds body.
My mother and father died a long time ago as well as my little brother (not to forget my first cat, Puss In boots).
I kind of think that’s corny, but it will do for now. Well, the doorbells ringing, and I think Amy is getting quite restless standing in the pelting rain. Might leave her there for a few more minutes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Better? lol
Comments?