You Won't Ever Get Too Far

Before the Move Sit on the Perspective

Days began rolling by... Long days at Malfoy Manor. Short days with Harry. Those days were much to short.

"What happens when...I go to court and I have Snape's memories and I have to...tell my father where I got them?" I said quietly.

Harry looked away from me, "I don't know, Draco."

"...I can't go back and tell him."

"Well, you know you can stay here, right?" Harry said, a small smile forming on his lips.

I nodded.

"If you want to..."

"That...would be nice," I said.

He kissed my cheek.

"What if...I go to Azkaban.." I whispered.

"You can't," he pulled me closer. "This will all be over in time for Christmas."

I could hear hidden worry in his voice.

"I hope you're right..." I murmured.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too," I said.

I pulled him into a kiss because I no longer wanted to talk...just to feel; his lips against mine, his skin against mine, his body heat, his breath on my neck, him inside me. Gasps, moans, panting... It was over too soon. We held eachother until we went to sleep.

More time slipped by. There weren't many conversations between us. We were both afraid, really.

On two diffferent occassions, Weasley had come to visit Harry while I was there. I sat there quietly, most of the time. It worked out because Weasley ignored the fact that I was there. It didn't matter.

Harry would squeeze my hand every once in awhile to make sure I was alright. It got a bit annoying after awhile, really.

"My dad says you're going to court next week, Malfoy," Weasley said.

"Yeah, so," I said shortly.

"I'd be...careful," Weasley said, straining not to say something rude.

"Careful, got it," I sneered. I crossed my arms.

"I was asked to testify against you," Weasley said.

"Oh, and you didn't hop up at that offer?" I asked.

Harry sighed.

"No actually," Weasley said, "It's already a bit unfair, what they're trying to do to you."

I stiffened, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"They're...holding Dumbledore's death against you," Weasley said. "And if you have a Dark Mark...well, that's enough to send you for a few years anyway."

I shifted uncomfortably.

"You're going to have to tell the truth about everything, no matter what your father tells you to do," Harry said.

I felt sick. "Yeah..."

"If you want this to work, you're going to have to seperate yourself from him," Harry said.

"I know..." I said, iratably.

Somehow, I managed to thank Weasley for not going against me. He had reason, I suppose.

The day before my trial, I stayed with Harry. I didn't have much to say. I felt sick. He just held me while I stayed quiet. I didn't mean for it to happene, but I nearly started crying. I had to pull myself together.

"Draco, why are you so afraid of your father?" Harry asked finally.

"It doesn't matter," I murmuered.

"It does.."

"He's just...my dad..."

Harry sighed, "Alright, Malfoy, listen. I don't think that anyone is ever this afraid of their parents."

"How would you know?" I asked, darkly.

He stared at me. "You're right, I wouldn't know."

"I didn't mean--"

"Save it," he muttered.

"Okay, fine," I swallowed. "My father...sort of...threatens me, quite a lot... It's just... I can't even count the times I've been hot with that damn walking stick. I've had my pets torchured when I was a child. I've been threatened with being taken out of the family. Curses to teach me a lesson. I just... he'll kill me."

"But you can do whatever you'd like now," Harry said. "Your of age and the war is over anyway..."

I laughed. "My father lost everything because of you. His job, his status... He has more of a reason to hate you now than ever before. I'm pushing it being with a half-blood. A male. But you... unacceptable."

"I'm sorry I asked..."

"Yeah, well...now you know..." I muttered.

"What about your mother?"

"What about her?"

"Well, what would she think?"

"Whatever my father thinks."

Harry nodded.

After a moment of silence, he spoke up. "What do you want me to do tomorrow?"

"I...I want you to be with me."

"But--"

"I'll get my things together...and come back here with you."

"There's an expanding spell Hermione used once. You can fit all sorts of things into one bag," Harry said.

"Too bad I don't know it," I mumbled.

"Well, I could ask her to..."

"Help from Granger too? I am asking for it," I sighed. "I need it tongiht, you know."

"Come on then," he stood.

"What?"

"To the Weasleys. Hermione will be there."

"I can't, Harry..." I ran my hands through my hair. "They hate me."

"You'll be fine. Don't you trust me?"

I nodded.