You Won't Ever Get Too Far

If You Want, You Can Always Change

I woke to the sound of an owl pecking on the window. Disoriented, I opened the window letting a freezing cold winter wind blow inside. Snowflakes landed on top of the sheets and on my bare shoulders. I took the letter and the owl seemed happy to leave. I shut the window, shivering. Harry sat up and put his arm around me. "What's it.."

The letter was addressed to me, so I opened it. It read:

Don't come back for your things. Don't come back to say goodbye. Don't come to Malfoy Manor for any reason. Don't try to access the family vault at Gringotts, for you are no longer a member of this family. This letter is your last. You've been officially removed from the family. I will not tolerate such a dirty, lying, mudblood-loving son who has no respect for this family. You are no son of mine.

Lucius Malfoy


I stared at the paper. I expected no less really.

"Draco..." Harry began.

I crumpled the paper and threw it across the room. I lied back down and hugged Harry tight.

"You can stay with me forever if you need to," Harry said.

I didn't speak. My throat was tight. I wasn't going to cry. Not now. Everything was fine. It didn't matter...But somehow, I'd been hoping that my father would just understand...

"We've been invited to the Weasley's for Christmas," Harry said.

I smiled a little, "You go ahead."

"Come with me," Harry said. "Prove you've changed."

"I'll think about it..."

"Please?"

I smirked and leaned close to Harry's neck. "I will. Only...if you fuck me right."

He dropped the letter and leaned closer to me. "Deal."

Our lips met and our tongues fought for dominance. We were tangled in one another, clothes shed, and suddenly, we were on the bed. He wrestled me, bit my lip and neck. This was different from the previous times when it was I love you or I feel sorry for you. Harry pulled on my hair and tightened his grip on me.

I felt him press up against me from behind, kissing my neck. "Remember how much I love it when you say my name," he murmured into my neck.

Slowly at first, he pressed inside me. I clutched the sheets and groaned. "Harry..."

The pace quickened, until I was bucking too, into his hand, and we were both yelling incoherent things. Until, we came at the same time.

We collapsed and caught our breath.

"Right?" he asked.

I nodded.

That night, we slept exceptionally well.

Christmas day came quickly. That morning, Harry gave me a very long kiss, reminding me to keep my end of the deal. I told him not to get me anything, but he ended up getting me underwear and we laughed for a bit about it. I felt bad, because I'd honestly gotten him nothing.

I had nothing to my name anymore. In fact, if it would've been possible, my father probably would've taken my name as well. We've been all over the Prophet since the trial.I stopped caring though. I had Harry all to myself and that was all I really wanted.

I conjured flowers from the end of my wand. We laughed for awhile about that too.

"You're perfect," he said and kissed me on the cheek. "Ready for the big day?"

I shrugged, "As ready as I can be."

After we dressed and freshened up, He grabbed both of my hands. We traveled through the familiar vacuum. This time, we ended up at the Weasley house, covered in snow.

I wanted to do this, to have them like me, but I knew it would never happen. I was scared of myself, of what I used to be breaking out and ruining everything. I'd already seen the house in person, so all my judgement was out of the way, I hoped.

"You'll be fine," Harry said, as if he could read my thoughts.

I took a deep breath and Harry knocked on the door.

When the door opened, I got a rush of warmness and a smell of food. Mrs. Weasley was smiling brightly at us. A giant Christmas tree was inside the living room. I recognized Mr. Weasley and Ron, but not the other one. He had a scarred face, but a warm smile somehow...

I felt very, very out of place in my nice robes with my slicked back blond hair. Everyone in the house was so plain but so warm. They were...happy this way.

"Harry," Mr. Weasley smiled, "...Draco."

"Hello, Mr. Weasley," Harry said.

"Hi..." I managed. I was nervous. This was ridiculous!

Harry and Ron hugged, the other with the scars shook Harry's hand.

"Draco, this is Bill," Harry said.

"Hello," I said quietly and shook his just as scarred hand.

Soon, the rest of the family had come into the room. Ginny, Percy, George, someone I didn't recognize, and Fleur Delacour? At least I wasn't the only blond. I was introduced to Charlie. It was so weird. I'd been to family dinners and things, but nothing like this.

Mrs. Weasley had baked cookies for Harry (she said they were for both of us, but I knew they were really just for Harry), made him a sweater, and a scarf. She even made me a sweater. I was shocked. Even though it was...very ugly, to be honest, I loved it. I nearly cried over the fact that she actually put effort in something for me.

All twelve of us weren't able to fit into the kitchen all at once, but Mrs. Weasley did some sort of expanding spell. I sat next to Harry and Fleur and across from an unusually quiet George. Fleur didn't mid pulling me into conversation as much as everyone else did.

After awhile, I felt almost comfortable. It was hard for me to get my head around how happy and nice everyone was. Fleur flipped her silvery hair over her shoulder and touched Bill's hand every so often. Even with his scars, he seemed happy. Charlie spoke excitedly and teased the others. Percy gave small smiles, even though he was clearly the most tense of the Weasleys. George was missing an ear and his twin was dead, yet he still smiled and laughed. Mr. Weasley spoke to me, even after how my father had treated him. Mrs. Weasley treated everyone like her children, even the four of us who weren't. Ginny spoke happily and even smiled at me. Hermione and Ron looked lovingly at each other every once in awhile. Ron joked and laughed with Harry. Harry was happy having them as family and I could see why.

My mind sort of opened up thanks to Harry and his 'family'. Maybe money and a name wasn't everything.

Harry and I returned home warm, happy, and full. He kissed me.

"Thank you," he hugged me.

"No, Harry... Thank you for saving me."
♠ ♠ ♠
The LAST CHAPTER

but I have an Epilogue for you.