Status: In Progress

Unrequited Love

Charlie

Charlotte fidgeted while standing in front of the door to the nest. She had heard from the grapevine that Godric had just gotten back from being held captive at the Fellowship of the Sun Church. If it were anyone else she would have sent a card, or maybe left a heartfelt voice message but this was Godric.

She hadn’t seen him in over a year, and the fact that something this big had happened and almost went by her unknowingly made her nauseous. So here she was, all the way from New York, in Dallas to see a vampire. Despite not seeing him for so long, she had a feeling he would remember her. Vampires didn’t forget, did they?

She shifted her duffel bag from one arm to the other and sighed in frustration. When she reached for the doorknob, it was pulled away from her revealing a pale brunette on the other side of the door. The brunette stared at her for a moment before shoving past harshly. Charlotte balanced herself against the open door frame, and had to stop herself from crying when she looked up.

There he was sitting on the other side of the room looking exactly the way he had when he left her. His baby face as cute as ever, it was hard to believe he was a vampire, a 2,000 year old one at that. She just stood there for a moment, stunned to the spot with anxiety. Or maybe the jet lag was finally kicking in.

Slowly, Charlotte approached the line of people in front of Godric. She stood behind a tall blond boy ready to be the fifth person up. She could have just walked right up to him, or maybe stood idly by the refreshments but she wanted to say something...she just didn’t know what yet.

“You ok?”

Charlotte looked up to see the blond boy looking down at her, she didn’t realize just how tall he was. “I’m alright.” Her voice had come out sounding smaller than intended.

She was sure at this point Godric knew she was here since she spoke, he probably knew she was here when she was still on the plane. You could never have the element of surprise when it came to the supernatural.

“You sure?”

Charlotte was a little more than surprised to see that the boy was still speaking to her, “Yeah I’m fine, really.”

Before she even had the chance to break eye contact he was shoving his hand toward her as an introduction. “I’m Jason Stackhouse.” She wasn’t exactly sure how she hadn’t picked up his accent earlier, but now that she had she wanted to laugh at it.

She shook his hand, “Charlotte Livy.”

Before Jason could say anything else Charlotte pointed behind him, “I think it’s your turn.”

He whipped around quickly and Charlotte vaguely heard him mumble some sort of apology to Godric. When she heard Godric respond, the anxiety in her stomach began to bubble up.

Before she knew it, Jason was walking away and there she stood in front of Godric. He stared at her, head rested against his open palm, with a curious expression. There was a smile on his face, the kind of smile that would’ve been mistaken for a smirk had it not been for his teeth showing.

“Hello Charlie.”