Status: Slowly but surely :D

Last Flight Home

Luck Loves Me Not Tonight, I'm Running Out

“You’re coming over tonight right?” Jack said into the phone, “We need to see you.”

“Yeah Jack,” I chuckled, “Of course. Who is going to be there?”

“A shit load of people so get your ass over here,” he demanded.

I rolled my eyes, “I’ll be over later.”

We both hung up the phone at the same time and I let out a laugh from the conversation with Jack.

He said that there were going to be a lot of people there but what people was my question. I really didn’t care who was there except one person. Jack didn’t specify if Alex was going to be there or not. My heart pounded just thinking about seeing him. Seeing the man that I fell in love with four years ago and that I still was head over heels for him.

I didn’t date anyone in high school because of him. I still had hope that things would work out. Unfortunately, things turned out to be that I have to be scared shitless when I see him instead of jumping into his arms.

I still kept the beanie that he gave me and I would wear it all the time. I wondered if he still had the necklace that I gave him. I highly doubt it…

I couldn’t focus at all while I was getting ready for Jack’s party. All I could think about was Alex.

When I finally got finished getting ready, I walked out of my dorm and headed off to the party.

My heart pounded and my knees buckled. I was getting those same feelings that I had when I left. This was going to be a night to remember…

I arrived at Jack’s house and there were people everywhere. I got out of my car and began to walk to the front door. While I walked along the grass, someone ran out like a maniac.

“BLAKEEEEEEEE!” Jack yelled as he swept me up in his arms.

“JACK!” I mocked him as he spun me around.

“I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU’RE HERE!” Jack smiled while he set me back on my feet.

“I know!” I giggled, “I missed you so much!”
“I missed you too,” he admitted, “give me another hug!”

Jack squeezed me tightly in his grip and you could feel the happiness that he gave off because I was here.

“OH MY GOD IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS?” another voice called out. Jack pulled away from me and we both looked over at the door. There stood both Zack and Rian.

They both came running towards me and pulled me into another tight hug.

“Blake is finally back!” Rian yelled, “and for good?”

“Well for college but yes,” I grinned.

“Our girl is back where she belongs,” Zack smiled.

They both pulled away from me and we all headed inside. We all talked for the longest time ever just catching up. Unfortunately, people pulled the guys away from me and we broke away. So once again, I was alone.

I went into one room after the next until an arm grabbed me. I turned around to see it was just Jack.

“I have someone that I want you to meet,” he smirked and pulled me along. We went outside and went to a huge group of guys. Jack tapped one of the guy’s shoulders and he turned.

I gasped.

His big brown eyes of beauty.
His brown hair swooping hair that came around his face.
His heart throbbing smile.
His breathtaking voice.
His everything.

“Blake..?” Alex muttered under his breath.

“Alex,” I stated.

You could tell that he didn’t know how to react. Neither did I in that case.

“Um hi,” he smiled, “It’s been awhile. Wow. I can’t believe it’s you. You look great. Wow.”

It was not the reaction I wanted but I took it.

“I’ll leave you two alone,” Jack said in a deep voice before walking away. We both laughed in unison and stopped together.

“Let’s go for a walk,” Alex suggested.

I followed his lead and we moved away from the party and went to a hill above the rest and saw that there were swings. We both sat down together and swung back and forth.

“So how have you been,” Alex started the conversation.

“Uh I’ve been good I guess. I finished my senior year and now I’m back home for college at Maryland Institute College of Art.”

“That’s so awesome,” he grinned.

“Yeah so how have you been?” I asked him back.

“Uh good as well,” Alex explained, “The band just got signed and we’re going on tour soon.”

“That’s fantastic,” I replied, “That must feel really good.”

“Yeah, we’ve been working really hard to get All Time Low out there and finally someone had faith in us,” Alex chuckled.

“I’ve always had faith in you,” I blurted out. Shit. This is going to make it so awkward.

“Thanks,” he smiled coyly.

We were silent for a few moments until he said, “I don’t know what happened to us.”

It took me off guard but I went with it. “We just got wrapped up in different things and eventually just fell out of touch.”

“I guess,” Alex sighed, “I wish things were different. I would go back and change it if I could.”

I blushed, “Me too.” I looked over at him to see his head hung down. I wanted to take him into my arms and tell him that it would be okay and that I’m here now but I couldn’t find myself to do it. I bit my lip and saw that something hung from his neck. It was silver and shiny…and mine. He still had and wore my key necklace. That made my heart flutter. I felt my body grow with courage and before I knew it, I put my hand in his. He looked up and smiled at me.

“I missed you,” I told him.

“I missed you too,” he confessed.

Alex reached over with his free hand and caressed my cheek in his palm. My eyes felt like they were on the verge of having a flood. Alex moved his body closer to mine and he looked at my lips and back up to me. I knew what he wanted and it was what I wanted so I didn’t protest.

Just as his face was nearly an inch away from mine, his phone rang.

Just. My. Luck.

“Go ahead,” I granted permission. He reached into his pocket and answered his phone.

His facial expression went from happy to down right depressed.

“I’ll be there in a minute, he grimaced.

He hung up the phone after that last remark.

“I have to go,” Alex pouted, “Uh…my girlfriend is waiting for me.”

My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets and my heart shattered into a million pieces.

“I’ll talk to you later I guess,” Alex suggested before he gave me a hug and kissed my cheek lightly.

He walked off into the distance as I sat in the swing watching him. That was the one thing that I did not expect and it hit me with a ton of bricks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to those who commented :D
Comments or no update.