Status: Slowly but surely :D

Last Flight Home

Cause She's So Lost in Stereo

I drug my body to the first class of college. Photography Exposure was what it was called and I was most definitely excited for it.

The classroom was and art studio with photos hanging on the walls everywhere. My kind of setting. I took my seat into one of the stools and laid my bag on the table. The professor was at the front of the room organizing her belongings. The teacher then looked at her watch and deliberately shut the door into the studio. She turned to face us and she had an evil smirk on her face but it slowly changed to subtle and calm.

“Hello class,” she yelled, “I am Professor Vega and I will be teaching you photography exposure.”

She rambled on and on about the importance of photography in life and her life experiences with her photography. After she finished the speech, she automatically changed subjects.

“So class,” the professor started, “I have your first assignment for you.”

Shockingly the class didn’t groan in misery.

“Each day of this week I will be giving you an assignment that will give me a feel of what artistry and creativity can come out of you,” the professor explained, “Today’s assignment is to get up close to your subject. Choose an everyday object and focus in on one part. Try different angles and unusual lighting to add mystery. From the whiskers of a cat, to a fragile Christmas ornament, to soap bubbles, there are many different possibilities for you to explore.”

I raised my hand slowly for the professor to notice. “Yes,” she said politely waiting for me to ask my question.

“I was wondering if people could be involve in this,” I asked timidly, “Maybe to focus in on one of their flaws and bring the beauty out of it.”

She contemplated it for a moment and finally stated, “I guess I could expand the horizons to people as well. I want to give you a diverse range to choose from.”

I nodded and smiled at her. I already knew what I was going to do.

The class passed by quicker than I imagined it would. Before I knew it I was grabbing my belongings and ready to walk out the door.

“Excuse me,” a voice called out. On instinct, I immediately turned around.

The person looked straight at me with his piercing blue eyes. His hair swooped across his face at the perfect angle and lied perfectly around his head. It reminded me of Alex’s hair, but this man’s hair was a shade of dirty blonde and light brown. His lips were a very faded red tint that complimented his flawless skin. He was wearing a white shirt that fit him just right and you could see a very faint stain on its hem that was probably from mustard that dripped off a sandwich. He paired his shirt with faded blue jeans and a pair of black vans.

“Excuse me,” he chuckled while repeating his words. I guess he noticed that I was staring at him for too long… oops. “You dropped this,” he stated.

I looked at his hands and saw that it was Alex’s beanie he gave me and that I evidently put in my purse.

“Uh thanks,” I smiled at him. I tried to think of anything else to say just to hear his voice but we both started to walk out of the class. The first thing that came to mind and just sort of blurted out was, “So you like photography?”

He flashed his white teeth at me, “Yeah. I’ve always loved photography.”

“Me too,” I sounded like a little high school girl again, “We have so much in common.”

He laughed at my statement. He actually laughed. No one ever laughed at my jokes. I was never funny but I made him laugh.

“I’m Peter,” he held out his hand for me to shake.

“Blake,” I answered while putting my hand in his. We pulled away and continued to walk through the campus.

“So when did you get into photography?” he questioned.

“I always have done photography,” I went on, “Its always been apart of me. I love how you can capture a moment with one click of a button and you can keep it forever. Ever since I was a little girl, I used to carry around disposable cameras in my purses.”

He laughed once more. I swooned on the inside.

“Sounds like you love photography,” he trailed off, “well I wish I could stay and chat but I have to go to my next class.”

“Oh okay,” I nodded my head, “I guess I’ll see you around.”

“Yeah you will,” he smiled, “but incase not, would you like to grab coffee and we can finish this conversation?”

“I thought you had class?” I raised my eyebrow.

“I do, but class can wait,” he smirked as we walked together to go to the coffee shop.

How could a guy be that hot? It made my knees buckle just thinking about him…
WAIT. What was I saying? I have the most amazing boyfriend in the world and why am I looking at other guys?

“Uh Peter,” I coughed, “I just remembered. I have to go and… go.”

“Oh okay,” he frowned, “Well I’ll see you in class.”

“Yeah,” I added as I watched him walk away.

What was I thinking?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

I went back to my dorm and started to set up for the assignment that Vega wanted to do. When I finished, there was a knock on my door. When I opened it, I was greeted with a big bear hug and kisses all over my face.

“Hey Alex,” I sighed with a pleasant voice.

“Hey baby,” he answered, “I missed you! How was your first day of class?”

“Good I guess,” I explained, “I already have my first assignment and you’re my subject.”

“Oh baby,” Alex said in a seductive tone.

“Not like that!” I giggled, “I have to focus up close to an object or person and focus in on that one spot. So I thought that the perfect person to do that would be you. Maybe use your lips or eyes to focus in on.”

“What about something down there,” Alex hinted to what was in his jeans.

“EWWWW ALEX,” I puked a bit in my mouth.

“You know you like it,” he tried to get me to agree but I just went on with my own business.

“Lets get to work,” I grunted.

I set up my camera and decided to set up the tripod to get at a better angle. “Okay I guess just sit down in a chair and I’ll work my magic.”

Alex did just that and I headed in for the shots.

“The lighting is horrible in here,” I complained, “I guess I’ll have to get out my lights.”

“No need,” Alex smiled, “My love for you shines across all the seven seas.”

“Uh… okay,” I agreed. What the hell? I didn’t care right now. I just wanted to get the shot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments or no update.