Status: Work in Progress.

Night of the Hunter

Chapter Three: The Escape Route.

Three

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Jared's P.O.V.

When it came time for dinner, Adam and I sat together, just as we had this morning.

"See, I wasn't wrong to ask if he was good looking'. He is", Adam grinned, eying Jeff as he waited to get his dinner.

"Adam, there's more to him than his looks. He knows more than any of us.. Jeff is the key to winning this battle", I shot.

"How do you know that?", he asked, coming back to the topic that was most important.

"I don't know one hundred percent.. But because he knows so much, I think he knows more than he told us today.. And I plan to get to the bottom of it", I replied.

"The bottom of what?", Jay asked, as he, Carlton, and Elijah sat down.

"What Jeff knows. He knows more about Freddy", I spoke.

"He was full of it", Elijah spat.

"No he wasn't. He described him to a fucking T, and you want to say he's lying?", I hissed.

"Look, so what. He dreamed of the same fucker we all see. What does that mean?", Elijah retorted.

"Pull your head out of your ass!", Adam spat back, "He knows. Maybe he's researched. Maybe his parents told him the truth. But don't fucking judge until you know".

"Oh, that's right, you probably have a hard on for the new kid, so of course, you're going to believe him", Elijah smirked.

"Shove it, needle dick", Adam responded.

"You wish I'd shove my dick in you", Elijah spoke.

"Both of you, knock it the fuck off! Do you think this will solve anything?", Carlton stepped in.

"Exactly. Now, let's get back to the task at hand.. Anyone know what room Jeff's staying in?", I asked, hoping Jay or Adam overheard anything new.

"Unfortunately, no. Last I knew, he had been in the Quiet Room, but that's all I know", Jay answered.

"Same here", Adam added.

"Great..".

I watched as Jeff sat by himself, but I noticed him glancing over at me quite a few times. I was hoping he was as curious about me, as I was about him..

* * * * * * * * * * * *

*Jeff's P.O.V.*

I sat alone, picking at my food, and occasionally giving glances towards Jared and the group he hung with. There was something inside of me that I felt strongly for Jared.. He understood me, just as I felt that I understood him. He was taller than me by three inches at least. He was muscular, and tan. He had brown hair that was slightly parted to the right. The bangs came down around his eyes, and the rest of his hair was a bit shaggy. He had well defined eyebrows, green eyes, a slim nose that got a little wider at the end, small lips, and a strong, defined jawline. I didn't know everything about him, and I felt he held back in group. But I knew deep down, if I could talk to him, get to know him, tell him everything I knew, we could stop Freddy. He seemed to be the only one to react with a level headed sense of knowledge when I explained everything. He believed me. Now I just needed to know what he knew..

* * * * * * * * * * * *

*Jared's P.O.V.*

When 'lights out' time came around, I headed to my room, letting everything process inside my mind. Arriving to my room, I noticed there was some clothing neatly folded on Jensen's bed, along with a suitcase on the floor. What was going on? Going to my bed, I sat and waited for an answer. Moments later, Dr. Williams appeared in the doorway with Jeff.

"Jared", Dr. Williams called.

"Yes?", I asked, staring at both of them.

"Jeff is going to be your new roommate. I hope you don't mind", Dr. Williams announced.

"I don't mind at all", I smiled.

"Great. Here's your new room, Jeff", Dr. Williams spoke, allowing him to enter now.

"Thanks", Jeff mumbled.

I wasn't sure if he was really happy about being placed with me or not. Only time would tell. Jeff came in, as Dr. Williams said goodnight, shutting the door and allowing us to get to bed. I watched as Jeff walked to, what was now, his bed, and picked up the clothing at the foot of it. I didn't even know what to say to break the ice. So instead, I stayed on my bed, watching as Jeff undressed and changed into his pajamas. I decided I would change as well by putting on my pajama pants. As I pulled my shirt off, I kept my back to Jeff.

"Did he do that to you?", Jeff's silence broke.

Turning around, I looked at him, semi-confused.

"Your back.. It looks wounded", he noted, coming over to me.

"Oh yeah.. He did do that, just last night.. While you were being admitted actually", I answered.

I still had the bandaging of gauze all over the cut marks, but Jeff was no idiot. He knew the truth.

"Can I look?", he asked.

"Um.. Not tonight", I responded.

"Please?", he begged, touching my left arm, softly.

"No.. If I pull it off, I'll need to get them recovered. Can it wait another day or two?", I asked, as his hand slid off me.

"Yeah.. I'm sorry, if I came off as weird.. It's just, I thought this battle was over", he sighed, going back to his bed and sitting down.

Putting my black tank top on, I sat on my bed, staring directly at him.

"What do you mean by that?", I questioned, growing curiously.

"It's kind of a long story.. And I'm still trying to get over it all.. But my older brother, Matt, he had nightmares. He told me about them, and how someone was trying to kill him. I was skeptical, and I didn't think it was true.. Until one night, when Matt pulled me into his nightmare. I saw everything that he saw, and it was real. The monster he talked about, was and is real..", Jeff explained.

I could see the tears welling up in his eyes, so I got up, moved over to his bed and promptly sat to the right of him. My left hand became rested on his back, as I gently rubbed it, trying to console him.

"Jeff.. if this is too painful for you, you don't have to talk about it", I consoled.

He hung his head and shook it softly.

"Either way, everyone will learn about it.. And I think you understand me, Jared. I see it in your eyes", he spoke, looking back up and locking eyes with mine.

"I do, Jeff.. I understand you, but so will the guys", I encouraged.

"No. They have too much conflict in themselves and each other.. But you're level-headed. You know what the task is at hand", he responded.

He had a point. With the way Elijah and Adam fought today, it proved that to Jeff.

"You can defeat Freddy.. I know you can", he added.

"Jeff.. I can't. I'm not strong enough", I said, shaking my head.

"You can, and you are".

"He almost got me last night.. There is no way.."

"Jared, listen to me", he cut in, "Matt died at the hands of that fucking monster. And I had to defeat him after that.. I swore, I did it. I took away his power. I took away that source of his feeding ground. But he's back, and I don't know how. He found another way".

"I am so sorry about your brother, and I can relate", I responded, taking my hand from his back.

"What happened?", he asked.

"This bed we are sitting on, belonged to my previous roommate and someone who was my best friend.. Jensen, he suffered from those nightmares.. And Freddy got the best of him.. Only Jensen hung himself in this very room to escape it", I confessed.

"I am terribly sorry, Jared", Jeff replied.

"Thanks.. But, there is nothing I can do now", I said, standing up and going back to my bed.

""Yes there is, you can stop Freddy. Put an end to these nightmares.. You can save the rest of your friends, and yourself" he encouraged again.

"I can't do it alone. You know more about him Jeff, and you've beat him before. Maybe, we can defeat him together", I suggested, sitting down on my bed.

"I don't know if I can anymore.. That's why I'm here.. I actually attempted to defeat him and asked one of my friends to stay awake and watch me.. And when I awoke, he was dead on the floor.. I let Freddy get to him", he admitted.

"That is not your fault. You couldn't stop it from happening, Jeff, just as I couldn't stop Jensen", I replied.

"But still, I feel I failed because Freddy is back, no matter how I look at it", he said.

"That is not your fault either. Somebody else opened that gate, and you know it just as much as I do".

"Yeah, maybe.. But, if we want to defeat him, we need more than two people.. I think if we have more, we'll have strength in numbers. There is no way he can get all of us, as long as we stick together", he pointed out.

He made a valid point. If we stuck together, used our dream skills, we could all put an end to this.

"If that's what it takes, then I'm in", I accepted.

"Good. Now we just need to convince the others", he smiled.

Right then, our door opened, and Nurse Summers was standing there.

"Lights out, boys", she instructed.

Jeff and I both got under the sheets of our beds, laying down and watching as she turned the light out. The door closed, and I tried to fight off sleeping, just as I was sure Jeff was.

"Jeff?', I whispered.

"Yeah?", he asked, softly.

"Why were you placed here?", I questioned.

"After my friends death, and trying to prevent myself from sleeping, I slashed my wrist", he answered.

"I'm sorry.. but, I'm glad you are still here", I smiled.

"Me too.. Because I know you and I can defeat him", he grinned.

"We will. I have faith in this".

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
♠ ♠ ♠
This is when the point of views begin to play in & change from time to time. Hope it doesn't confuse anyone. I know they both have J names, so it could get complicated! Sorry for that, but I wanted the story from two perspectives.
Feedback?
Yay or Nay?