Status: Work in Progress.

Night of the Hunter

Chapter Four: If I Don't Stop Dreaming.

Four

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

*Jeff's P.O.V.

After trying to fight off sleeping for so long, I ended up dozing off after Jared did, almost as though I was afraid Jared would die if I didn't wait. But I wouldn't sleep for long. A sudden thud startled me from my sleep, as I watched Adam rushing in and over to Jared, waking him in a frantic manner.

"Jared! Wake up!", Adam called.

Jared stirred quickly, sitting up and I did the same.

"What is it?", Jared questioned.

"It's Kris! Come on!", Adam ordered, rushing back out of the room.

Jared and I quickly got out of our beds, rushing after Adam. I trailed behind Jared, and we promptly came to Adam and Blake's room. Elijah, Jay, Carlton and Blake were all gathered at the window, screaming Kris's name.

"Kris! Wake up!", everyone shouted.

Jared and Adam began shouting too, and I looked out to see Kris, standing on the ledge from the fifth floor. My heart pounded. He must have been asleep and Freddy had control.

"Freddy has him", I spoke.

"What the fuck can we do?", Jared shot, turning his attention to me.

"I'm going in", I spat, heading to the nearest bed.

"What do you mean you're.."

"No time to talk, just watch him and wake me if anything happens", I instructed to Jared, laying down on the bed after.

I forced my tired eyes to close, and my brain to shut down so I could sleep. I had to link up with Kris as quick as possible. Moments later, I awoke and everyone was gone. I knew I was in the dream scape. Getting off the bed, I hauled ass for the fifth floor, attempting to find Kris.

"Kris!", I shouted.

"Help me!", I heard a voice echo.

Rushing up the stairs, I got to the fifth floor, and haded to where Kris was. Arriving there, that was when I saw it. Kris was being held captive. A rope around his waist was preventing him from falling or escaping.

"Jeff. What are you doing here?", Kris asked.

"I linked up with you.. I'm here to save you. Where's Krueger?", I asked.

"I don't know. He was here, and he vanished when he heard you calling me", he responded.

"I need to get you out of here", I spoke.

Right then, I heard that demonic laughter strike. We weren't alone.

"Shit, hurry Jeff!", Kris ordered.

"You really think you can stop me?", a voice roared from behind me.

Turning around, my eyes became locked with the monster who killed my brother and friend.

"I fucking stopped you once, and I can do it again", I shot.

He laughed in response, which made my blood boil.

"Jeff, get me out of here", Kris replied.

"Oh, Jeff.. I think someone wants to see you", Freddy grinned.

After that, Matt appeared before me, causing me to take my eyes and focus off Freddy.

"Matt..", I whispered, staring at him.

"Jeff!", Kris screamed.

But my focus was on Matt. Tears filled my eyes instantly, and I became weak.

"You have to stop him", Matt said.

"I can't Matt.. I'm too weak", I sobbed.

"You have the power, you need to unlock it", Matt responded.

"How?", I asked.

"You need to take away what makes him stronger", Matt instructed.

"But.. I don't know how.."

"Hey, Jeff", Freddy barked, making me look back, "Say goodbye, kid!".

With a slash of his knives, the rope was split and all I could do was watch Kris fall off the ledge, backwards.

"No!", I screamed, rushing towards the ledge.

When I reached it, Kris had already made contact with the black, metal fence that was now protruding through his body in various places.

"Now it's your turn!", Freddy snapped.

Swinging his claws at me, I fell back, landing on the floor, quickly trying to crawl away. I needed to wake up. My brain was screaming to wake up, but I wasn't reacting physically.

"Jeff! Take my power", Matt called.

Just as Freddy attempted to slash into me, a shot of white light came from Matt's chest, instantly hitting me. And with that, I awoke in the bed again, sitting up and clutching my chest with my right hand. Adam was in tears when I awoke, and Jared was consoling him.

"He's gone..", Adam cried.

"I'm so sorry.. I tried to stop it, but Freddy got into my head and stopped me", I explained.

"You could have tried harder!", Adam shot.

"I fucking did! I tried! But he's stronger than he used to be", I yelled.

"Guys, stop! This won't bring Kris back", Jared stepped in, "This is what Freddy wants. He wants us to turn on each other, so then we'll be easy prey. Don't you get that?".

"Jared is right. We need to stay together", Jay said.

Right then, Dr. Williams and Nurse Summers came in.

"Everyone, back to your rooms.. We can talk about this tomorrow", Dr. Williams ordered.

"He got Kris, and you want us to pretend like nothing just happened?", Adam shot.

"We are not having this discussion", Dr. Williams responded.

"Adam, just listen to them", Jared spoke.

"No! Because of them, Kris is dead!", Adam yelled.

"That's it. You're going to the Quiet Room", Dr. Williams stated.

Two male workers came in, escorting Adam out.

"You're fucking killing us!", Adam screamed.

"Everyone, back to your own rooms, now", Dr. Williams ordered.

I followed behind Jared as we headed back to our room. Once arriving in there, we closed the door and got back in our beds.

"What the hell happened?", Jared asked.

"I saw Kris.. Freddy had him captive, but he completely mind-fucked me", I said, feeling defeated.

"How?", he questioned, as he sat on his bed and I did the same.

"Matt was there.. Freddy used him as a distraction", I answered.

"Shit. He knows what we fear or miss, and he's going to use it against us", he sighed.

"Yeah, he is. And I couldn't stop what happened to Kris.. But, Matt gave me his power", I said.

"What do you mean?", he asked, confused.

"He told me to take his power, basically his strength and knowledge to beat Freddy.. And it happened.. Matt's power went into me", I answered.

"Do you really think we can still stop him though? You saw what he can do", he replied, sounding unsure.

"I do. We just need to stick together", I responded.

"I hope you are right".

"Me too".

I was scared that my plan wouldn't work out and everyone would end up dead at my hands.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

*Jared's P.O.V.*

When I awoke that morning, I felt empty. I feared what could have happened to Adam last night, but it also dawned on me that Jeff could have died last night along with Kris. I couldn't believe how foolish I had been last night with allowing Jeff to risk his life. I didn't even want to think about losing him now. Jeff and I had this odd connection, and it partially freaked me out, but also made me feel safe. Knowing how much Jeff knew about who we were up against made me feel more secure with him. Looking over, Jeff was already awake, his purple hair pulled back into a ponytail, and he was wearing a black tank top and black, baggy pants. He looked as though he hadn't slept for the most part.

"Hey Jeff", I greeted.

He looked at me, his eyes dull, and dark looking.

"Hey..", he replied.

"Did you sleep last night?", I asked, sitting up and pushing the covers off me.

"It's a little hard to sleep when everyone is blaming you for Kris's death", he shot.

"Don't think that", I began, getting off my bed, and going over to Jeff.

Wrapping my arms around him, he rested his head on my right shoulder.

"I just feel as though I let you all down.. I failed at saving Kris, and I could tell Adam was pissed", he replied, wrapping his arms around me as well now.

"You did what you could. You were the only one that was brave enough to go in and face Freddy. But like you said, he seems stronger. Nobody blames you. I know I sure as hell don't", I said, letting go as he backed away and locked eyes with his.

"I just fear that this time, I won't be able to stop him, like before", he responded.

"You've got me to help you. I promise, I'll help you", I reassured.

"Thank you, Jared", he smiled.

"You're welcome.

I put on some clothing and we headed out for breakfast.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit shorter than the others, but so far, what is results & feedback? Promise to do more soon!