Status: Work in Progress.

Night of the Hunter

Chapter Five: They'd Never Let Us Leave.

Five

* * * * * * * * * * * *
*Jared's P.O.V.*


Once group time came around, we all went into the room, and prepared. Jeff sat to the right of me, and Jay to the left. I hadn't seen Adam all morning and I was becoming concerned. Everyone took their seats and Adam came trailing in last with Dr. Williams. He looked miserable and distraught. I guess I couldn't blame him after last night. He had been close to Kris and I knew how he felt.

"Alright.. Straight talk only in here. I want you to open up about what happened last night", Dr. Williams began.

Adam was in tears over this, and I don't think anyone knew how to start.

"How do you guys feel about Kris' death? I want you all to be open", Dr. Williams encouraged.

They had told us countless times, it was never good to "hold in emotions". But things weren't always so easy to express or talk about, much less, discussing a friends death to a monster, that no one here wanted to believe existed.

"You talk like it was his choice", Carlton spoke.

"It was. He jumped. He gave up and let all of us down", Dr. Williams replied.

"He was murdered! And you fuckers can't even see that!", Adam exploded.

"You cannot keep blaming your dreams for what is going on around you. Kris killed himself", Dr. Williams retorted.

"No, he didn't. I saw it all", Jeff added.

"You were the one that let him die!", Adam shot.

"No he didn't. Freddy got into Jeff's head and prevented him from saving Kris", I stepped in.

"You were there Jared. Jeff didn't do anything!", Adam responded, hatefully.

"How the fuck would you know what Jeff did or saw, you queer?! Were you in the dream with them? No, you weren't! So fucking lay off Jeff!", Elijah butted in.

"Guys, this isn't solving anything!", Blake added now, "Remember what Jeff said. We need to stick together".

"Shove it, Blake", Adam snapped.

"No, Adam. They are all right. If you want to be the next to die, be our guest, but we can't fall apart now", Blake responded.

"He's right, Adam. Listen to Blake. I watched my brother die by the hands of this monster. I know what you're going through", Jeff opened up.

"Wow man.. I'm sorry", Jay spoke.

"Me too", the guys added.

"So don't act like you're the only one that's lost someone, Adam. I lost two people, Jared lost someone.. You aren't the only one.. And you weren't there to pass judgment. I saw him there, being held captive.. And Freddy played on my emotions by bringing my dead brother in.. He's harder to get by then any of you think", Jeff confessed.

"Jeff, you shouldn't apologize. You were the only one that went in. And if Adam doesn't believe you, then let the fucker fend for himself", Elijah spoke.

"Blow me, Elijah", Adam hissed.

"This coming from the guy that thought Jeff was hot yesterday, and now you hate him because he was brave enough to try and stop Krueger", Elijah spilled.

"Fuck you!", Adam shot, standing up, and throwing Dr. Williams' clip board at Elijah.

Dr. Williams was quick to press the buzzer, calling two of the male doctors in to restrain Adam.

"Fuck all of you! I'm going to live longer than any of you! You bet your asses on that!", Adam continued as he was being drug from the room.

We were falling apart. Adam would be next to go if he didn't get his shit together.

"What are we going to do?", I asked Jeff, as the doctors left for a moment.

"I don't know.. But we can't let Adam die", Jeff replied.

"We can't do anything though once he's in the Quiet Room", Carlton reminded.

"I know. But, if I have to, I'll go into his dream", Jeff spoke.

"Jeff, no. I can't let you risk that", I said.

"I have to. I'm the only one that can stop Krueger", Jeff replied.

"You have us, Jeff", Elijah stated. "And besides, if you go into Adam's dream, he might think it's some homo-erotic fantasy..".

"I don't give a shit. I'm not letting him die", Jeff finalized.

"If you go, then I'm going too", I added.

"Jared, no. I won't risk your life", Jeff retorted.

"I don't give a shit. I'm not letting you go alone", I insisted.

He seemed hesitant about it.

"If you go, I need to pull you in", Jeff responded.

"I know. And I trust you", I said.

"Alright. Then tonight, we go in".

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
♠ ♠ ♠
A little short this time around, I just wanted to leave it with a cliffhanger, haha. Feedback?

Thank you to everyone who is reading so far, or have subbed to this story. You guys are really amazing!