Status: Work in Progress.

Night of the Hunter

Chapter Six: I'm Going Under.

Six

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

*Jared's P.O.V.*

That night, I was rather afraid and terrified, I won't lie. It scared me to think that I would possible see Krueger tonight, let alone the thought that I could possibly watch Adam die if we couldn't stop it. Lights out time came, and Jeff and I were quick to get in bed. Laying there, we stared at one another, preparing ourselves.

"Jared, you don't have to do this if you don't want to", Jeff reminded.

"I know, but I want to. Adam's my friend, and I don't want to let Freddy play any kind of mind games with you", I spoke.

"Thank you, and I do understand. Now, just clear your mind of everything as you prepare to sleep. That is the only way I can do this", he said.

"I will. Trust me".

"Good. Let's go to sleep then".

Resting my head on the pillow, I closed my eyes and cleared my mind of everything, making sure my mind was open and that I could allow myself to be brought in by Jeff. I had to be prepared for anything and everything tonight. Moments later it seemed, I awoke and found myself in the Quiet Room, with Jeff across from me.

"Are we here?", I asked.

"We're in the dream.. But where the fuck is Adam?", Jeff shot, panicking.

"You mean he's not here, and you haven't seen him?", I shot, standing up.

"No! I don't know where he is", he retorted, standing up as well.

"Fuck! What are we going to do?", I asked.

"We need to get out of here, and look for him", he suggested, going to the door and pushing it open.

I followed as we went out into the hallway, looking back and forth, trying to figure out where we should go.

"This way", Jeff ordered, pointing to the left.

We both headed that way, and as we neared the patients' room, I noticed there was a trail of pills, little blue ones, that led in this direction.

"Jeff! Jeff!", I spoke, causing us both to come to a sudden halt.

"What?", he asked.

"Look", I said, motioning to the floor where the pills were.

"What are they?", he questioned, as he lowered himself to the floor, squatting down, and picking one of the pills up to examine it closer.

"I don't know. What do they look like? Do they have any writing on them?", I asked.

"Hypnocil", Jeff answered.

"What?", I questioned, confused.

"It's Hypnocil", he began, looking up at me, "My brother had been on this before, because it stopped the nightmares. But once he stopped taking it, the nightmares began again".

"Why is it here?", I asked, again.

"It's a sign", he stated.

"What do you.."

"Matt", he cut int, standing up now, "He's sending us a sign. He wants me to use this".

"To surpress our dreams?", I questioned.

"Exactly. He's trying to save us. I know what I have to do. If we all start taking this, we are safe. Freddy can't get to us anymore", he replied.

"But, Jeff. How are we going to convince the doctors to listen to us, or actually get this medication?", I asked, feeling completely unsure.

"I don't know, but I need to.. If they don't listen, then we have to fight. That's all there is to it", he spoke, taking the pills with him, shoving them in his pocket.

I was praying that we could get the pills and not have to fight Freddy.

"Come on, we need to find Adam", he reminded, as we headed off again.

Sure enough, we checked every open room until we came to a door that was closed. Jeff glanced in the window, and his eyes instantly widened.

"What? Is he in there?", I asked, afraid.

"I don't think you want to see this", he replied.

"Jeff, tell me! If he's in there, I need to know", I shot.

"Stay here, OK? I'm going in", he replied, totally ignoring my last request.

"No! Not until I know Adam is alright", I retorted.

"He's fine, Jared, just believe me. Please. I need you to watch for Freddy, so stay here", he demanded again.

I really had no other choice, and I knew arguing would get us no where.

"Fine. I'll wait here", I agreed.

"Good. I'll be back", he noted, opening the door after and going in, only to let it close behind him.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

*Jeff's P.O.V.*

The door shut behind me, and my ears were echoing with continuous moaning. On that bed, was Adam, with someone extremely familiar looking on top of him, going through the motions of touching and kissing one another. By the purple, long locks of hair, I knew exactly who it was, which was why I didn't want Jared to see this.

"Adam", I called.

He was quick to push the person off of him, and his eyes met with mine.

"What..the.. There's two of you?", he panted, looking back and forth.

"I'm the real Jeff. That's not", I pointed to the impostor, "Jared and I came here to make sure you were alright".

The other me got off Adam, and instantly disappeared, proving it was just a figment of his imagination and dream scape.

"Thanks! You just ruined the best dream I've had in years!", he shouted.

"Yeah, and I wish I hadn't seen that dream. And you better watch yourself", I warned.

He got off the bed instantly, and came over to me.

"And what is that supposed to mean?", he asked.

"Think about it. If Freddy knows your weakness, or desire, he will use it against you", I reminded.

"What is he going to do? Bite my dick off?", he questioned, rolling his eyes after.

"You never know, but if you ever pull me into your dream to act out some sexual fantasy, I'm punching you in the balls. Got it?", I stated.

"Whatever. Why the fuck are you here, anyways? I like the other you better", he snapped.

Grabbing him by his left arm, I pulled him to the door, opening it, and dragging him out there.

"Hey!", Adam shot, getting agitated that I was tugging him around.

"Because we feared Freddy might have attacked you, seeing as you made a spectacle of yourself earlier", I shot, as Jared looked at us and I released the grip I had on Adam's arm.

"Are you OK?", Jared cut in.

"Yeah, I'm just fine, minus my perfect dream being interrupted", Adam hissed.

"What do you mean?", Jared asked.

"Don't ask", I shot, before Adam could go into details, "Have you seen any sign of him?".

"No. None", Jared answered.

"Maybe he's not going after anyone tonight", Adam retorted.

"He never goes on vacation, and everyone knows that", I said.

"Should we keep searching, or try to back out of the dream realm?", Jared asked.

"I don't know. If we're in Adam's dream, nothing says we can sense anyone else's", I spoke, as I looked around the hallways.

The pills on the floor were still there, and appeared to make a trail down the hall.

"Maybe those lead somewhere", I added, making a motion of the pills.

"Should we look?", Jared asked.

"Better to be safe, than sorry. Come on", I said.

Jared and I began to walk, but were stopped within three steps, turning our attention back to Adam.

"I'm not going anywhere with you guys", Adam shot, standing there, and crossing his arms across his chest.

"Adam, you need to come with us. You're not safe alone", Jared responded.

"I'm fine being alone", Adam said.

"What's wrong with you?", Jared questioned.

"He's pissed because I interrupted his make out session with the other version of me", I spat, letting Jared know what I saw.

"Shut the fuck up, Jeff!", Adam ordered.

"Too late. Besides, Jared doesn't care", I snapped.

"Whatever you want to dream about is your choice", Jared reminded.

At that moment, we heard a disturbing scream that appeared to be coming from the direction we were heading in.

"Shit, we've got to go!", Jared shot.

"You are either wish us, or you're not", I said to Adam.

"Fuck this, I'm not being left behind!", Adam spoke.

We all rushed off, heading in the same direction Jared and I had originally been going in. The screams continued to echo and we could tell we were getting closer by how loud they had gotten. There was a door wide open at the end of the hall, and that's when we saw who the screams were coming from.

"Carlton!", Jared shouted.

There he was, hung up and restrained by his wrists, and ankles. Jared instantly went to charge in there when the metal door slammed shut, stopping him in his tracks. The door looked like a prison door, with the metal bars so we could still see everything clearly, but could not enter what-so-ever.

"Jared! Jeff! Help me, please!", Carlton begged.

Jared and I both began to push at the door, reaching our arms through the slots, trying to find a way to get the door open.

"Fuck, we need a key!", I shot.

Right then, that demonic laugh roared among us. Freddy appeared from the side view, and we knew we had very little time.

"Carlton, wake up! Just wake up! Please!", Adam begged.

"Can we pick the lock?", Jared asked.

"I don't know. What the hell am I going to use?", I asked back.

"Here", Jared replied, reaching in his left pocket, and pulling out what appeared to be a bobby pin.

"I've never done this before", I stated.

"I'll try", Jared said ,getting down on his knees and beginning to bend the bobby pin into shape, only to start picking at the lock with it.

"Look. All the little piggies came to play", Freddy snarled.

"Let him go Krueger!", I demanded.

"How are you going to stop me?", Freddy roared.

"I will! You bet your fucking ass I will! I beat you before, and I can beat you again", I shot.

He laughed so loud, it pierced through my ears, but it only made my blood boil.

"You really believe you can beat me?", Freddy retorted, seeming amused.

"I know I will!", I replied.

"How can you stop me now?", Freddy responded, getting closer to Carlton.

"Take me instead. Let Carlton go, and take me. I'm the one you want", I stated.

Jared grabbed my right hand, tugging on it, and capturing my attention as I looked down at him.

"Jeff, no. I won't let you do that", Jared stepped in.

"Aww, now isn't that sweet", Freddy sarcastically said.

"Shut your fucking mouth!", I snapped, looking back at Freddy and tugging my hand from Jared.

"What the fuck are you doing Jared! Pick the lock!", Adam ordered.

Jared went back to it, as he said, "I'm fucking trying!".

"Adam.. I think I know what makes you happy. And it's not Carlton", Freddy hinted.

"You don't know anything", Adam replied.

"Oh yes I do. And it comes in the form of Jeff", Freddy laughed.

"Shut the fuck up!", Adam ordered.

Freddy laughed again at his response, because he knew he was getting into Adam's head. As this went on, I noticed something I previously hadn't before. There were tubes with needles, sticking directly into the veins of Carlton's arms, and I began to panic.

"Please, hurry Jared", Carlton begged.

"I'm trying. I can't get it to budge", Jared responded.

"Let's get this party started!", Freddy sneered.

"Leave him alone!", I shouted.

"Let's see.. You have a fear Carlton.. A fear of overdosing.. Right?", Freddy shot.

I watched as this weird, blue colored fluid began running through the tube, going straight into Carlton's right arm first. Carlton immediately screamed in pain as the fluid pumped through his blood stream.

"How's that for intoxication?", Freddy laughed.

"Carlton, wake up! Please! Wake up!", Adam and I begged in unison.

The next tube began filling with the same liquid, and going directly into his left arm. The screams increased, and I really couldn't take it anymore. Stepping back, I covered my ears with my hands, closing my eyes and trying to focus. The screams seemed to fade, but within three seconds, they were loud again. Opening my eyes, I was in the room with Carlton, and we were alone.

"Jeff! Help him!", Jared yelled.

Pulling my hands from my ears, I rushed to Carlton, instantly removing the needle from his left vein, and promptly following that by removing the right as well. Carlton fell silent, and I quickly unlatched his hands and his legs. As I did, the door opened, and Jared and Adam were quick to rush in, as Carlton collapsed to the floor.

"Hang in there, Carlton, please", I begged.

His skin was so pale, as if the flesh color just dissolved from his body. His lips were blue looking now, and I knew we were too late.

"Save.. the others.. It's too late for me..", Carlton gasped, fighting for air.

"No. Don't you give up on us Carlton! Please!", Jared pleaded.

But just like that, Carlton's life faded before us. Jared broke down in tears as I held Carlton's lifeless body in my arms, watching as he faded away. A laugh echoed through the room and I looked towards the door to see Krueger standing in the hallway.

"You fucking bastard!", I shot, standing up.

"Aww, what? Are you going to cry Jeff?", Freddy laughed.

Charging at him, I was stopped in my tracks as he grabbed a hold of me by my throat. The air began escaping my lungs as I struggled to breathe.

"You really think you can beat me? That you're strong enough?", he snarled, lifting me up off the ground by my throat.

Right then, Jared rushed up, jamming one of the needles in Freddy's neck, causing him to release his grip on me. Falling to my knees, and struggling to catchy my breath, Jared and Adam came to my sides and pulled me away from Freddy. We watched as he pulled the needle from his neck, throwing it to the ground. He softly laughed as he eyed us now.

"He's stronger.. I don't think he used to be this strong", I choked.

Freddy nodded at my words.

"Yes, the souls give me my strength. And there's plenty of room for more", he grinned.

Just like that, I woke up, sitting up and rubbing my throat. Looking over, Jared was sitting up as well, looking over at me.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it was MEGA long this time, but I couldn't break up the dream sequence. It seemed quite impossible, & if I just left it after Jared's point of view, it would have been a tad bit short again haha. Sorry! But I hope everyone enjoyed this part. I just decided instead of continuing after the dream, I'd leave that for the next part. Slightly another cliffhanger, huh? Haha.
Feedback is welcomed!