Status: Work in Progress.

Night of the Hunter

Chapter Eight: Feed Your Head.

Eight

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Jared's P.O.V.

Group ended and needless to say, everybody was praying for Dr. Williams to come through. Still, we were all fearful for the fact that we might have to go a few nights without, meaning we would have to hold our own. I trusted Jeff about the Hypnocil, and prayed we would have hope in overcoming these nightmares and fear. Without the fear, Freddy would no longer haunt anyone. That evening, the six of us got together to talk.

"You really believe that this drug will help?" Jay asked.

"Yes. Matt was on it for quite a while. He never had nightmares again, but as soon as he was taken off them, they returned" Jeff explained.

"Great. So we'll need to be on them for the rest of our lives?" Elijah shot.

"Do you have a better fucking idea?" I shot.

"Yeah. I fucking do! I say we kill that fucker, once and for all" Elijah retorted.

"Do you really think it'll be that easy? Even with Adam and Jeff, he still killed Carlton" I explained.

"You need all of us. How can he stop all six of us? Huh?" Elijah responded.

"It all seems too risky" Blake added.

"Because it is" I stated.

"No, it's not" Elijah insisted.

"Yes it is! With all of us in, it's fair game. We would be on Krueger's turf, and he's stronger than before" Jeff spoke. "This isn't a fucking game, and I don't want to risk all of your lives".

"But yet you want us to induce a highly experimental drug that isn't even approved by the FDA, and risk a reaction?" Adam questioned.

"Exactly, thank you" Elijah snarled.

"My brother took it, and he had no reactions. It's better than trying to fight him" Jeff spoke.

"Well, your brother isn't us, and everyone has different reactions" Adam stated.

"True, but many people have taken this. Not just him" Jeff cleared.

"Look, either you guys take it, or you face him on your own" I stepped in.

Everyone was quiet for a moment as we all eyed each other, awaiting a reaction.

"I'm in" Jay said.

"Thank you" Jeff spoke.

"Me too" Blake added.

"And me" Adam agreed.

"What about you Elijah? You're out numbered" I asked.

Elijah signed heavily, seeming agitated now.

"Fine. I'm in" Elijah said.

"Good. Now all we have to do is pray we can get these pills" I added.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Jeff's P.O.V.

After three days of facing our nightmares, we finally got word about the Hypnocil. Gathering for group, we awaited Dr. Williams to arrive.

"Do you think we'll find out yet?" Jared asked.

"I certainly hope so.. We need those pills" I stated.

Dr. Williams entered, taking his seat before the group and starting us off.

"So, I have some news" Dr. Williams began, pausing and sighing heavily after.

"Is it about the Hypnocil?" I asked.

"Yes, it is. I'm afraid it's not good news. The board of authority here won't forward my motion to get the pills" Dr. Williams confessed.

"Why the fuck not?!" I shot, standing up, "We need those pills, or we are all going to fucking die! Do they want that on their minds?! Do they want our blood on their hands?!"

"Jeff, calm down" Jared begged.

"No! These fuckers are killing us, and they don't even care!" I yelled.

"They won't get it because it's not approved by the FDA. You knew that as much as I did Jeff. And they will not risk your lives" Dr. Williams insisted.

"Bullshit! They are risking our lives! Don't you see that? He's going to kill us!" I shot.

"There is nothing I can do, Jeff. I don't have control over this hospital" Dr. Williams stated.

"You need to do something or else we are all going to fucking die! You can't do this to us!" I continued.

Right then, two of the male nurses came in, instantly grabbing me and restraining me.

"You can't do this to me! I'm trying to save them!" I added.

"Put him in the Quiet Room for the night" Dr. Grey shot.

"You fucking bitch, you are getting us all killed!" I screamed, as they drug me out of the room.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Jared's P.O.V.

"Dr. Grey, you can't put him in there, he's our only hope" I exclaimed, standing up.

"You are all going on about some non-existent being, and you expect us to believe you?" Dr. Grey shot.

"Dr. Grey, I will handle this. They are my patients" Dr. Williams intervened.

Dr. Grey left the room as I stood there.

"Jared, we cannot risk your lives on this drug" Dr. Williams spoke.

"Can you at least try again? Try to persuade them into getting it for a trial period, just to see how it goes? All of us have agreed to take it, doesn't that matter? It could be on us, and our health, it's our choice" I continued.

He sighed, heavily, eying the floor, and thinking for a moment. Looking up at me again, he nodded softly.

"I will try. If I get all of you to sign a form, giving you consent to try it, maybe they will listen, but once more, I can't be sure if they will listen. They may use the excuse that none of you are stable enough to make these choices. I might not be able to fight them" Dr. Williams agreed.

"Thank you. Hopefully they will listen" I spoke, trying to remain positive.

"You're welcome".

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After group ended, we all had to put our names down on the form to fight for our rights to take Hypnocil. As we sat around for dinner that night, there was no sign of Jeff. I was becoming concerned.

"I hope they pull through and get those pills" Jay spoke.

"Yeah, me too. I don't think I can face another nightmare" Blake added.

"I don't think any of us want to face another one" Adam stated.

I was completely side tracked, waiting and watching for Jeff.

"Jared?.. Hey, Jared" Adam called, snapping me out of my daze.

Glancing over at him, he looked at me, seeming a bit confused, if not concerned as well.

"Are you feeling alright?" Adam asked, now getting everyone's attention on me.

"Yeah, I just.. Has anyone seen Jeff since our therapy session?" I asked.

Everyone seemed rather quiet on the subject of Jeff, and it worried me even further.

"Is there something you guys aren't telling me?" I asked, becoming worried.

Once more, silence.

"Someone fucking talk to me! What is going on?" I shot.

"There's no easy way to say it, Jared" Blake said, speaking up first out of the group.

"No way to say what?" I asked, feeling my heart pounding now.

"About Jeff, and what happened to him" Elijah continued.

"What.."

"You know" Jay cut me off, "he's dead.. Don't you?"

"He's.. he's not dead" I insisted.

"Yes he is" Adam joined now, "Freddy got him.. He died in the Quiet Room"

"You're lying. All of you!" I shouted.

That's when I heard an echoing, demonic laugh travel behind me. Turning around, I spotted Freddy standing there in the hallway, heading towards me.

"Of course they are lying, but only momentarily" Freddy snarled.

Looking back at the table, all of them were gone. I was asleep. I can't believe they let me fall asleep at the table. My focus instantly went back to the hallway where Freddy was steadily approaching me.

"This is a dream and you are NOT real" I shot, standing up.

"Oh really now? Last I checked, I almost killed you a few nights ago" he growled.

"And you'll never get that chance again. We are going to stop you!" I threatened.

"How? You really think all of you can defeat me? What, with your precious Jeff, the one that holds the key, being in the Quiet Room, none of you stand a chance! It's open game, and you are all my prey" he laughed.

"You stay away from Jeff!" I ordered.

He continued to laugh as he got closer, and closer.

"Try stopping me" he demanded, and just like that, he was gone.

All I could think was that he had gone after Jeff. He was weak, vulnerable, and alone. I had to save him. I began to run to the hallway where I knew the Quiet Room was located, figuring it was the only way I could stop Krueger.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally an update! Sorry it took a while. I'm having a major case of writers block on this story! Not sure if this was that interesting or gripping. I hope I'm not letting down my readers!