Status: Going with the flow.

Misguided Ghosts

o n e

With the mature helicopter leaves hurdling towards the ground, I couldn't help but to feel a small pang of pity for them. Being torn away from the only home they've ever known, it must be quite a shock to just fall off all of a sudden. Then, landing to wherever destiny-or in this case, wind-takes them.
I picked one off the ground, inspecting it carefully as the gentle summer breeze brushed past my clumsy fingers. I gently tore open the end of the leave, revealing the tiny bean that was grown inside it. Looking at the mere seed, it amazed me that this microscopic speck was going to someday turn into a gigantic tree; hanging high above our heads.
At the moment, the bean looks helpless. Gullible, if you will. One day, it will been able to withstand even the most devastating of storms. Be strong, the wind will seem to scream against the tree, as it howls through their broad branches in the near future.
I was still silently pondering this thought deeply before my cell phone vibrated furious in my back pocket. My initial reaction was to jump and yelp in surprise, but I quickly recovered and answered my call. “Hello?” I said cautiously into the receiver, absently tucking a piece of long, silky black hair behind my ear.
“Hello, this is Dr. Willes. Is this Hazel Jayde?”
“Yes, it is...” I murmured slowly, biting my nail. I stopped as soon as I realized it, listening nervously to the buzzing silence.
“I'm sorry that I have to say this, but your father has passed away. Your mother is being treated right now, we are trying our best, but the gunshot wounds were very fatal.”
“What happened?” I shrieked, feeling my heart lurch to a sudden stop in my chest. Tears of anger and fury brimmed my eyes as I jumped to my feet.
“There was an armed robbery at the Quick Stop. Your mother and fathers saved the lives of everyone in the store-but, sadly, their lives were taken. I'm so sorry, Miss Stone.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! I appreciate it. (:
(I don't know where the story is going, so please bear with me here!)