No Lies, Just Love.

so simple in the moonlight.

It never mattered that Quinn was the former captain of the elite Cheerios, that she had ruled the school, or that people would part down the halls for her, whether it was out of fear or admiration. She always felt..alone. Sure, she had the girls who were fellow Cheerios. But, despite popular belief, she wasn’t the major bitch the other girls usually were; she actually had some morals.

Until the baby came into the picture; her baby changed everything.

Quinn learned so many new aspects of herself she never thought of before. She understood what the other Glee kids meant, when they talked about how they don’t fit in and are the outcasts of the school, or how they’re ignored and are treated as if invisible, because Quinn went from being at the top, to not even being acknowledged. Not even by any of the Cheerios; her supposed “friends.”

And, now, she never felt alone. Well, yes. She would be alone when she locked herself in the room Puck’s mom was kind enough to let her live in, or if she got to rehearsal early or found time for herself. But, no matter what, she’d habitually fold her hands over her stomach, rubbing gentle circles. Her baby would prevent her from being alone; she’d think of the baby girl growing inside her belly and the corners of her mouth would raise, the thought bringing up happy thoughts.

Artie also showed her she wasn’t alone anymore, too.

He would get to rehearsals early to talk to her the period of time they’d sit, waiting for the other kids to get to the practice room. He’d spend time with her, listening to her vent or ramble about whatever was on her mind, occupying her thoughts, since no one seemed to care enough to pay much attention to her now. He’d do small little nothings that he’d hope she would eventually notice and think of them as more than nothing. He helped her with her baby, too, which probably meant more than anything to her.

Artie couldn’t really afford himself to financially support her or her baby, but he did small things for her. If the little girl would start fussing and wouldn’t calm herself, Quinn would either sit in a chair beside Artie, or she’d sit in his lap so that he could rub her swollen stomach, singing in a soothing, warm voice that’d lull Quinn to dreams in a heartbeat. Eventually, the baby would give up and stop her bustling around, easing some of the tension in Quinn’s stomach.

The way she’d cradle her belly, gently soothing the baby, and the way she’d smile while doing so, was enough to make Artie’s day. When she has a child, when she’ll plan for this child and actually keep it as her own, she’d make such a wonderful mother. He just knew. What he wasn’t aware of, though, was that, during many of the occasions where she’d absent-mindedly rub her stomach with a content smile, is that she’d often think about how he’d be such a caring, selfless father.

Artie even did a bit of a fatherly-activity with her, when they were discussing the baby one not-so-special day at school. Since she isn’t keeping the baby for herself, she decided it’d be best not to give her girl a name. So, Artie came up with the idea of dubbing the baby Babygirl, as a nickname for the little one. Quinn had giggled at his thought process, her smile brightening the entire room up, it seemed.

She was so grateful for him. He cared. He really, truly cared about her, and her growing daughter.

And it meant so much to her. And Babygirl.