The Waiting Room

Prologue

The music blared loudly in everyone's ears, the speakers moving in unison. My heartbeat sounded in my ears as my brown eyes wandered over the crowd of people, lingering at the small group in the corner. The crowd moved like a swarm of bees, dancing erotically. My focus remained on the small group of three. There was one boy and two girls, none of them seemed bothered by the scene happening around them.

My twin brother stood slouched with the two teenager girls clinging to his arm. He smirked as he whispered something in one's ear and she giggled, to his amusement. He seemed to enjoy their company, maybe just a bit much.

No one else seemed to pay attention to the couple, except me. I was a bit concerned about the welfare of my brother, especially in this horrible place of a house. The room stenched of beer and sweat, the people were dressed in scantily clad outfits, and the lyrics to the music made no sense. This didn't seem to bother anyone, seeing as they've been here for hours.

My headache increased as the noise in the room grew louder, the thumping creating a pain in my head. A girl dressed in a shirt that was obviously too small for her and shorts riding up, came walking over to me. She grasped onto my arm and made no sign of letting go. She gave me a charming smile but seemed way too fake for my taste and I waved her off my arm. She frowned hurt and I stood bored watching as she walked off, my head ache growing larger.

I drew my attention back to where my twin brother stood just moments before. He wasn't there anymore and I glanced around, frantic as to where he could possibly be. I spotted him walking up the stairs with the girls following straight behind him. I scrunched my face in disgust, trying not to think about what he was going to do.

My legs moved towards the horde of people where I forced myself through to get to the front door. Very few people moved and I had to use force seeing as they were drunk. Hands flailed all around, but I fended them off and made it through to the oak door. I pushed it open and saw a boy streaking across the front lawn. I muttered to myself and walked to my car which stood parked near the curb.

I got in, turned the key in the ignition and drove off into the night. My destination was my brother's penthouse with my snug bed resting inside. I hoped I would get enough sleep for church in the morning, which I knew my brother would not show up for once again.