The Waiting Room

Chapter Four.

A grin on my face as I entered the door, I wasn't even fazed when I saw Cameron passed out on the leather couch. There was a trash can to his side, his left hand barely skimming the rim. At least he didn't make a mess anywhere, I thought. I took off my suit jacket and placed it on the coat hanger next to the door. My shoes came off with it, so I walked barefoot to the kitchen.

Grabbing a water bottle from the fridge, I walked past the sink where I noticed a green and pink substance. As I walked back to investigate, I realized that Cameron really did make a mess after all. It even came with it's own smell. As disgusted as I was, I wasn't going to clean it up. The maid will clean it up in the morning. It's her job isn't it?

My ears perked up at Cameron's stirring on the couch. Although, I didn't even feel the need to wake him up to lecture him about his drinking. I was on cloud nine, and didn't even feel like doing anything. My eyes just wanted to close themselves while I lay on my cotton bed, and sleep through the night to dream about my sweet brown-eyed girlfriend.

Not once did the smile disappear from my face.

Open your eyes, simple action as that. The dream was amazing but it was time to get up. To just open my eyes, I told myself. Images of Reign popped into my mind, all the more reason to lay there. Then, the thought of our date last night came and how when I walked home, I had a smile on my face.

I remembered the sight of Cameron's vomit and that's when I woke up. The first thing I saw was Cameron holding a bowl of water and tip-toeing to my bed. "Warm water, seriously Cameron?"

He stopped tip-toeing and looked at me calmly. "It was all I could think of," he said.

I looked up at my blonde bangs and took out a small piece of lint that hung at the end. "You never were one for creativity, you know."

Cameron placed the bowl on the dresser next to him. "Whatever," he walked over to my sleepy form, "So what happened last night eh?"

He winked at me and nudged me with his elbow, while going to sit on the side of the bed. I swatted him away and ran a hand through my hair. "Nothing. "

Just the greatest date of my life, I thought.

He raised an eyebrow at me before looking at the unmade bed below me. "Yeah, you're right. Who would sleep with you anyway."

Cameron started laughing uncontrollably, clutching his stomach at his own joke. I pushed him off with all my strength and before he knew it, Cameron was on the floor looking up at me in bewilderment. "Watch it kid," I said.

He stood up smoothing down his hair before hitting me on the head. "Watch it kid," he mocked. "Remember who's older, kay?"

I lay back on the bed, too lazy to hit him back. "You sound gay."

He looked at me in shock. "What did you just say?"

"I said you sound gay."

Cameron looked at me then at his shoes to me again. "Who the hell is this girl? She's practically making you normal!"

He looked in thought for a second then added, "I love it!"

He jumped on the bed and snuggled into the bed sheets. I didn't know what to say so I just told him awkwardly, "Alright then.."

I walked out of the room, leaving him there and went into the living room to watch TV. I'm normal, I thought to myself. Feels boring.
♠ ♠ ♠
It may seem small and unimportant, but it shows how much Sam is changing. He's not a religious freak anymore.