The Waiting Room

Chapter Five

Moving pictures flashed across the plasma screen as music blared out the speakers. Couples were shown dancing around on television with expensive dresses and leather shoes. Commercials popped on every few minutes as the viewers watching groaned in response. My body started feeling uncomfortable so I turned it to face Reign who was sitting a few inches away from me with her eyes glued to the screen. "Well, this is fun."

I didn't know how to reply to that so I just nodded my head and said, "Mm-hmm.

Reign chuckled at my response and made herself lay down across the couch, resting her head on my leg. "So what do you do for fun around here?"

She looked up at me from under her hair while I sat there, pondering an answer. Suddenly, a thought crossed my mind that made the edge of my lips curl up into a smile. I almost started laughing when I felt a light punch on my arm. "Not in that way you pervert."

I sent a smile her way. "I think my brother's rubbing off on me."

She let out a chuckle as her eyes twinkles with amusement. "You did tell me you have a twin brother. Is he as awesome as you?"

My hands made it to her hair where they played with her black locks. She had curled her hair today even though we were just spending the day at my pent. Reign didn't care though, she put on a jean skirt and tank top anyway.

As I twirled a strand of her hair around my finger, I answered, "Not really. I mean, who can really measure up to this?"

She let out as a silent laugh as the hair fell out of my hands and rested back on her head. Her eyes wandered around the living room to look back at me. She asked me, "Where is he anyway?"

My answer was interrupted by the front door slamming open and a certain blonde crashing through it with his arms outstretched. "Honey I'm home!"

"Speak of the devil," I mumbled throwing my hands up.

Cameron swiftly walked over to me as Reign sat up on the couch as I stood. He placed a hand on either side of my head and planted a kiss on my left cheek. "How's my favorite brother doing."

I grumbled, pushing him off, "I've been better."

His hands fell to his sides while his mouth formed a grin. He was looking Reign up and down while probably thinking dirty thoughts. It angered me but I knew there was no stopping him. Instead, I said something that I had hoped would make him back off. "This is Reign, my girlfriend."

Reign beamed with pride as I said the last word. Cameron immediately showed a pearly-white smile, indicating he was happy. He wasn't eyeballing her up and down anymore but those thoughts were probably still there. "You're the one making Cameron normal? Well, I'd just like to say.. I love you!"

He engulfed her in a hug, his tall figure overshadowing her small petite form. She stood awkwardly below him, her arms at her sides. Cameron didn't care though, he was ecstatic he got to meet her.

When he finally let go, Reign sent a look my way. She said out loud, "Well OK then."

Cameron smiled as his eyes wandered around the room. He scrutinized every inch of the room before saying, "If I knew you were coming, I would've cleaned up!"

Reign and I looked around the room, glancing at the spotless windows, shiny couch, and bright white carpet. We knew the place was anything but, we didn't dare make a comment though.

"So tell me Renae, what could you possibly see in my brother?" Cameron asked Reign, purposely messing up her name once he knew he wasn't getting her in bed any time soon. He was smirking on the outside for he knew he could have fun with this situation.

Reign frowned, tightening her hands into fists. "It's Reign, first of all. And second, what could I not see in your brother?"

Cameron was still grinning at her. "Oh, I don't know. Personality, looks, money. Things people would only find in me, the better twin."

He was starting to come on to her even though he knew she didn't like him. He was just doing it to taunt me. Reign didn't notice and just replied to him, "Really, I haven't seen the first one come into play yet. Besides, you guys are twins. Both of you have the same looks."

"The blonde, sexy look looks better on me. What can I say, I actually work it," he said glancing at my dark blue jeans and black shirt. He continued, "And I do have personality. You just have no taste."

Reign didn't seemed fazed by his last comment. Instead, she continued arguing with Cameron. "It honestly looks better on Sam. Why anyone else would think otherwise, is beyond me. And as for my taste, you're just pathetic."

Cameron let out a small growl as she finished. He may have had a playful exterior five minutes prior, but that was all forgotten as Reign continued going against him. He knew he would win, for he always wins when it comes to insults, but today he probably didn't want to ruin the "normalcy" I had going for me.

"Well, I can see when I'm not wanted." Cameron turned and walked out of the room to his bedroom, to do God knows what. All he left behind him was silence.

Reign sat down on the couch calmly, as she put her hands on her knees. "Your brother's a fucking jerk."

I sat down next to her, and told her smoothly, "Yup."
♠ ♠ ♠
Two months with major writing block and this is all I have to show for it. :/ I'm sorry, to those few readers I had, to have to wait that long. But I'll have you know that I am back! I forgot the rush that comes with writing. It's fun to feel. ^_^ It's kind of a good thing that I don't base my writing on whether or not my readers message and rate me. It seems kinda stupid. It'd be like I'm not writing for myself, but for people liking me. OK, end of short rant.

Anyways, sorry for the language Reign used. Well, I'm not really sorry. She had to say it anyway.

But don't you just love Cameron? He's so nice. -_- Although, I love his child immaturity. You know, if you think about it he'd be the same person you read about in Arranged Marriage stories. Smoking hot but a selfish jerk. Oh, well. I still love him.

So what do you guys think; Cameron vs. Sam? Who do you like better? I'm curious.

And here I go, bouncing between topics. ADD sucks. I don't care how many of you people like ADHD and ADD kids. We suffer on the inside.

- Alexx.