The Waiting Room

Chapter Six

My head facing straight ahead, hands folded in my lap, and a yapping blonde sitting next to me on the leather couch. The blonde's annoying voice was the only thing to fill my ears as I struggled to think of a counter-argument for what he was rambling on about.

"She's not even your girlfriend! You guys have gone on one date and you haven't asked her shit. Samson's still a lonely little loser that doesn't have the backbone to get a girl, and that's why you haven't asked her."

I let a small growl escape my lips as his words hit me hard. "Shut up Cameron."

"She's not even that attractive! Her legs are stubby and short, who finds that sexy? Not me!" He said while using hand motions to emphasize his point.

I unfolded my hands as I curled them up into fists, trying not to listen to his every world. "I said shut up, you idiot. You don't know anything."

Cameron gave a small smirk and ruffled my hair playfully. "What could you possibly do, you don't believe in violence Sam! As I was saying.. what was I saying?"

"That I'm going to tackle you into a wall if you keep talking in the way you're speaking about me."

I heard a small guffaw and Cameron inspecting his nails as he replied, "You're not a violent person! It's not like you can hit me with your bible anyway."

My arms extended themselves out as I used all my strength to push him off the couch. He was able to catch himself in time but not before hitting him head on the coffee table. My lips formed a small smile and I leaned over and patted his knee.

"What was that about me not using violence?" I said and laughed.

"Jackass."

"Yeah, you too." I stood up and walked out of the pent. My destination remained unclear to me as I rushed down the stairs instead of using the elevator. Jon, the doorman, remained at his usual post and opened the door for me with a small greeting to accompany it.

"Hello Jon!" I said cheerfully, trying to block out my and Cameron's conversation.

"Why, hello Master Sam!"

My legs stopped in their tracks after I walked down the few steps in front. Turning around, I narrowed my eyes at the smiling doorman. He had a look of a clueless person in his eyes but I was more focused on what I believed Cameron told him to call me.

"It's just Sam, no title necessary." I forced a smile and turned around once again, making my way down the sidewalk not bothering to say goodbye.

The doorman made no sign of replying so I didn't wait for his voice to sound in my ears as I continued on the concrete.

A bright yellow sun loomed overhead with a bit of a breeze coming in from the east. What used to be my idea of a perfect day now doesn't satisfy me in the slightest.

Where is my happiness?
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been months since my last update and I just spent ten minutes reading the story over again. My writing style is kinda different now, so bear with me.

Plus, I'm a little sick right now so my mind's kinda foggy on details. If I make a mistake, please tell me. I don't want to have a random Aunt Gertrude because I thought she was the main character.

More important: these chapters aren't fillers. Pay attention and later on you'll see.