‹ Prequel: Phantom
Sequel: Ghost
Status: Start Date: August 20, 2009. Finish Date: November 9, 2009

Apparition

Leaving

Chapter 11: Leaving
It took about a week and a half after the dream for me to get better. I would’ve gotten better sooner but me getting some rest was the most difficult thing I’ve ever faced. I didn’t return to normal because normal would mean I regained at least slight happiness.
Throughout the whole time Lawren stayed with me. Lawren’s parents loved me as a daughter so they let Lawren stay even though they weren’t completely fine with it.
While I stayed at the house, I never left my room except when I had to go to the bathroom so I never got to see the damage I created a couple weeks ago.
“Are you ready to get out leave?” My mom asked from the doorway. I was sitting at the edge of the bed, looking down at the floor.
“Yeah,” I mumbled and stood up. My mom rushed over to hold me.
“Mom, I can walk myself,” I muttered, still looking at the ground.
My mom sighed. “Then why aren’t your feet moving?”
When I lifted my right leg my left gave out and I fell over. My mom who was standing beside me caught me and set me back down on the bed.
“Do you need me to call your dad and have him carry you?”
It was obvious my parents were desperate to get back to work.
I nodded my head.
“Okay. Stay here.” She left the room.
Suddenly I remembered something. I stood up unsteadily from the bed and lifted my right leg. This time I didn’t fall over. I lifted my left. It felt like I was a baby learning to walk all over again. I headed towards the wall for support. I walked out of the room. The hall I was in was the opposite hall room his room. I walked down the hall and when I got to the balcony I sucked in air when I didn’t see the beautiful crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling. I was going to look down to see if the chandelier was still sitting, shattered at the bottom but I was still dizzy so I kept walking.
When I got to the other hall I turned right and opened the door that led to the previous room I was held in. No one has gotten around to start cleaning his room which meant everything was still a mess. The bed was still slammed into the wall, the TV in two pieces sat at on the floor, the curtains pulled down, a couple wholes in the wall, and the closet doors were on the ground along with a bunch of paper, rubble, and bed sheets. I looked around the room searching for the paper. I found it beside the knocked over bedside table. When I touched it and looked at the writing a tear rolled down my cheek.
“Natalia?” My dad said.
I jumped, wiping the tear from my face. I turned around and hid the note behind my back.
“What’s that?” He asked.
“Nothing,” I said and shoved it into my back pocket. “Let’s go.”
“I’m guessing you don’t need me to carry you since you walked all the way over here, am I right?”
“Yeah,” I answered and walked right past him, still a bit unsteady.
My dad still helped me down the staircase which to be honest I did need help doing.
“You can wait here, honey,” he said when we got to the bottom of the stairs. “I’m going to pack our things into the car. Your mom and Lawren are already outside.”
Keith and Sarah walked over to me from the wide hallway as I waited and sat down beside me.
“Are you alright?” Keith asked
I nodded my head.
We were silent for a moment.
“Is this it?” Sarah whispered. “Is this the last time we’re to see you, too?”
I sighed and looked down at the floor. “I’m not leaving you two. I can’t.”
“There’s no point in fighting anymore. There has to be the four of us to end this. That’s how it’s supposed to work,” Keith responded. “We don’t even know how to end this so it’s pointless to even try.”
I shook my head because I knew it was true. There was nothing more we could do. Without the four of us we were just another failure.
My dad opened the front door. “Are you ready to leave?” He asked.
I looked at Sarah and Keith. “Yeah,” I said and stood up.
“See you soon,” Keith said. He stood up and gave me a hug.
“You, too,” I said.
Suddenly Sarah took me in her arms. I was surprised. She only rarely acted with real emotion.
While she hugged me I began to cry. This wasn’t the last time I was going to see Keith and Sarah but it hurt me to know things wouldn’t be the same.
“I’ll miss you two,” I said as I stood at the doorway.
They smiled at me.
“This will always be your second home,” Keith said.
“Thank you,” I responded. I shut the door behind me and headed to the car where my mom, dad, and Lawren waited.
“Natalia, wait!” Keith called as he ran after me.
I turned around.
“A couple days ago you said you understood something. What do you understand?”
“My dreams.”
“What about them?”
“It’s the future,” I mumbled and walked away.
I got into the car and as my dad drove off I stared at the beautiful house behind me and Keith standing in the same place expressionless.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Catalyst & The Incarnate: Apparition: Chapter 11: Leaving.