Status: Complete♥

You've Changed Me.

Thirty-One;

Image

A week passed since the whole Scottie thing, and I haven't seen him since. Which is a good thing on Ruet's account. I told Janeta about what happened, and apparently she wasn't big on Scottie doing that to me. Which surprised me. And it wasn't really cold anymore since the snow melted.

But anyway, it's now been a month since I've been with Ruet and I was talking on the phone with my mother, leaning back on Ruet’s coat hanging over the chair.

"How is everything sweetie?" She asked. I combed my finger through my damp hair.

"It's going great. And Ruet's apparently taking me somewhere today." I told her. I seriously am confused. He never takes me out. I heard Grayson and Renee laugh.

"Do you know where he's taking you?" She asked me. I heard crying in the background. I'm assuming that's my baby cousin.

"Uhm...no." I told her. I raked my fingers through a tangle. I really need to cut my hair. Then I heard dishes...breaking.

"Oh dear." I heard my mother say. I chuckled. "I have to go baby. Love you."

"Bye." I said and closed Ruet's phone. Yeah, his phone. My phone got cut off when my parents split.

Renee and Grayson were snickering behind me. Confused, I turned around and looked to at them...but only to be faced with Ruet's face dangerously close to mine. Scared, I flew off the chair and fell on the ground. Ruet, Grayson and Renee went into a fit of laughter. I blushed, embarrassed. Ruet held his hand out to me, and I took it, feeling even more embarrassed.

“I’m not that ugly, am I?” Ruet pouted, pulling me up. He wore a green polo with dark blue jeans and I wore my favorite grey wash skinnies and a red flannel over a white v-neck.

“Yes you are,” Grayson said without missing a heart beat. I giggled and felt lips press to mine. I blushed when Ruet pulled away.

“Are you ready to go?” He asked me, taking his leather coat off the chair. I nodded. He grabbed my hand and pulled out the door, not even saying bye to anyone.

Ruet pulled into a small diner five minutes away from his apartment.

"What are we doing today?" I asked quietly, walking into the small diner with him. He laced his fingers in mine a pulled us to a booth in the back. I slide down towards the wall and Ruet did the same across from me.

Ruet pressed his forefinger to his lips. "It's a secret." I smiled a little bit. No one really did things like this for me except my parents. But now I have a boyfriend to share times like this with. It really makes me happy.

"What can I get you boys?" Someone asked us. A red headed guy had a nametag and wore regular clothes with a black chair. He looked familiar.

"I'll have a cheesebuger and a Coke." Ruet ordered. The guy wrote it down.

"And you?"

"S-s-same." I told him. He nodded and left.

"I noticed something about you, Elliot." I looked at him through the breaks in my black hair. "You stutter around people you don't know too well." I felt my face turn red. Is that true? "Which is fine with me, babe." He added. "Because I lo-" I snapped my head to look up at him. Ruet blushed, and bit his lip. "Because I like you all to myself anyway." He told me, but I couldn't help but feel butterflies. I just nodded. The waiter person set our drinks in front of us.

"Th-thanks." I muttered. The guy nodded and left.

"So Elliot, what do you think today is?" He smiled at me. I pushed my hair away from my face and looked at him.

Uhm..."It's been a month since we were together." I told him quietly, thinking that's what he meant. He nodded, still smiling.

"But I don't think we know each other well do you?" I shook my head. To be honest, I only know all the bad things about my boyfriend. But so far I experienced the good things. "So, let's start with basics. What's your middle name?"

"I don't have one. You?" I asked. The waiter person set down our food in front of us. We thanked him and he left.

"My middle name is Royce." He said, biting into his greasy burger. Gross. "Do you like sports?" I smiled at that and nibbled on my food.

"Yeah, I do. I love playing basketball and tennis." I told him, happily. He looked a bit...shocked though. "What?"

He chuckled. "I never thought you'd be the type to like sports. No wonder why you have nice arm and leg muscles." Ruet wiggled his eyebrows and I heard myself giggled.

We just sat at the diner for two hours, talking about each other. I told him how I moved from state to state since I was six. He seemed to get mad when I told him I've been picked on for being quiet and gay. Ruet told me about himself, and his parents death. I helped him not cry since it happened five months ago. But we learned a lot about each other. The only thing we disagree on is politics.

Ruet looked down, at his phone I'm assuming, and smiled when he looked back at me.

"Ready to go?" He asked. I nodded. We left the diner after he paid for everything. But now my curiosity is picking at me.

"Where are we going?" I asked him. He chuckled as we went back down the empty road, dusk falling over Oxford.

"It's a surprise babe." He took one hand off the wheel and held my hand. I noticed how small my hand was compared to his.

We drove for a little while and I grinned when we pulled into a parking space.

Ruet's surprise was taking me to a carnival.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ruet's p.o.v is part two :D

Thanks to Unicorn. Rainbow, That Kid; Mysterious, Atychiphobia, hugs.from.holly, SnowxBree, HeatherEnvy and Ceesecake Freak for commenting :D

For those subscribed to Never Quite Enough.:
I'm going to be deleting and editing and changing that story. I personally don't like how it is, an I plan on re-writing it so I can finish that story. The plotline might change a little bite, but the charaters will be the same except I'm probably going to change their pictures. I also might change the title, so yeah.
Sorry, but thanks for those who didn't unsubscribe :)!
Please leave a comment giving me your thoughts if you subscribed to that story.