Hopes and Dreams

. . . he lifted me off the ground so his lips could touch mine . . .

I smiled, letting him take my hand delicately in his as we tiptoed out into the night. We didn’t speak a word as we stepped across the dew-covered grass, but I somehow knew where we were going and what would be happening in a matter of heartbeats. The warm summer breeze lifted the hem of my skirt up, creating a fluttery feeling around my upper legs. He turned and smiled at me, smirking as he glanced down at the nearly transparent garment.

“Where are we going?” I murmured, biting my lip, unsure of what exactly would be happening to us. He shook his head and pressed a finger to my lips. I caressed it with my lips.

After a few more paces, we reached the soccer fields. Empty by now, a beam from the street half a mile away was the only light source besides the moon. Suddenly the breeze that had been so warm and welcoming grew chilly, and he turned, pulling me around and into his arms tightly. “I love you,” he whispered, nuzzling my ear.

“I know you do.” I shut my eyes and tilted my face to the heavens, mouth open slightly. He kissed my cheek, trailing his silken lips across my jaw line and against my neck. He smiled against the small mark he’d left earlier that day.

“Dance with me,” he breathed. Nodding, suddenly shy, my fingers clasped his shoulders, sculpted oh-so-perfectly, and I tenderly stepped up onto his feet, so he could lead me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me as close as he could without stifling me, and moved back and forth slowly, humming a song softly in my ear. I could feel his breath on my skin and shuddered.

Before stopping, he lifted me off the ground so his lips could touch mine with ease, and together we fell against the lush grass. We laid there in silence for what seemed like an eternity, and then he rolled over on top of me, kissing me on the mouth, and then making a trail of butterfly-like kisses all the way down to my stomach. My eyes automatically shut, and a moan forced its way from my throat. He lifted up my shirt just enough to make the small bump that was already beginning to show visible. “I love you, Luna,” he whispered to it. Forcing my eyes open, I stared up to the night sky and silently thanked whatever was up there for letting me have everything I could possibly want.