Forever Connected

Chapter 2

The morning had gone by as slow as possible for Jordan who had two rowdy kids and one that hadn't been feeling too well when he woke up. She was alone dealing with them while her husband was still asleep in their bedroom where she wished she was. More than anything she wanted to go into the bedroom and wake him up and have him deal with the kids while she took a morning nap. She wished that the boys would take a nap for a few hours so that she could as well. Hearing a knock on the front door, she heard Damon scream out. Rushing to where fell and hit his head on the table near the door, she saw the tears in his eyes. Picking him up, she opened the door.

“Hey beautiful,” Adam Burish said, a smile plastered on his face. “I was thinking we should get those tables and stuff set up for you.”

“Just you?” Jordan asked as Damon dug his head into neck.

“I'm supervising,” Adam told her. “As soon as Duncs can tear away from Phoebe and put some clothes on, he'll be here along with Seabs and Ladder.”

“Oh, so you are going to sit on your butt and tell them what to do and try and take credit for what they are doing?”

“Where's your husband?” Adam asked ignoring her question.

“Right here,” Patrick said walking over to them with just a pair of pajama pants on. “Come here buddy.”

Damon reached for Patrick and Jordan smiled. Both Patrick and Jonathan spoiled him by holding him when he was crying, not that she was innocent of doing that, but most of the times, she just let him cry. She had learned that when he was younger, but like any mother she hated hearing and seeing her baby cry. “Damon, why are you crying? People are gonna think your sad and that will make Mommy sad. So why don't you tell me what's going on?”

“Joey has a brother. I wants one too.”

“I think this is something for Mommy to tell you.” Patrick said setting Joey on his feet so he could take his mother's hand.

“Say bye to Adam. You'll see him later. He's gonna start putting stuff together for your party.”

“Bye.” Damon said.

“Patrick, the other boys are in the living room. Check on Joey, he wasn't feeling good and make sure CT picked up the toys in the living room.”

“I can do that Jordan.”

“No. Adam you have table and chair duty.”

Giving him a look, he knew not to press the matter as she walked away from him and with Damon to head up the stairs so that they could talk in private. As soon as they were in the master bedroom with the door closed, Jordan watched as her son, her baby boy got onto the bed and laid next to her.

“So why do you want to a brother? Is it cause your cousin has one and you don't?” Jordan asked, running her hand through his hair.

“I wants someones to play wif when they ain't heres.”

“Mommy wants to have someone you can play with too, but you know that when I do have another baby, it won't be able to play with you for awhile. It'll be too small.”

“How long is that?”

“Well the baby would grow in me for nine months and then when it comes out it would be more months until the baby could play.”

“That's a longs times. Can we get one from da store? Like the kitties at da store where got our pictures taken?”

“It doesn't work that way bud, but maybe when your dad and I are ready to give you a brother or a sister, we'll let you know, okay?”

“Promise?” he asked.

“I promise, baby.”

“I'm nots a baby, mommy. I'm a big kid.”

“Oh, I know buddy,” Jordan said hearing the doorbell go off. “I wonder who that could be.”

“Let's go see, mommy!” Damon said grabbing her hand to make sure that she was coming with him.

As soon as they were out of the bedroom, Damon let go of her hand and ran as fast as he could down the stairs to the front door that Patrick was about to open. “Dad! Who is it? Is it Daddy?” Damon yelled.

“Damon inside voice.” Jordan reminded him as she walked up to the door.

Seeing three people walk inside, she had to smile. “Jordan!”

Laughing Brent Seabrook wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a hug. “I haven't seen you in a few days. That new guy doesn't have the magical touch like you do.”

“Thanks Brent. Are you going to go and make Adam help set up tables? I really do need them set up so I can get everything moving along and set up.”

“Yeah, me and Duncs will handle everything, don't worry about it.” Brent said walking further into the house.

“Hey, Duncan,” Jordan said hugging him. “Thank you so much for your help once again. It means a lot to me and I think there is someone that missed you.”

“This is what friends are for,” Duncan smiled. “Where is Adam at?”

“Living room watching TV with CT.” Sharpie said.

“Thanks,” Duncan said. “How do you want everything set up?”

“I'll be out there in a few minutes to show you.”

“Well, look who it is.” Jordan smiled at Andrew Ladd.

“I heard you needed Brent and Duncan to move tables and me to keep Adam in line. So here I am. Oh and Steeger is on his way too.”

“Thank you Andrew,” Jordan said covering up a yawn. “Damon, go clean up the mess in your room. I want it so I won't be stepping on toys when I walk in there, understand?”

“But CT did mosts of it.”

“Then he can help you. But let's get a move on it before more people start to show up.”

Wrapping his arms around his wife, Patrick kissed the side of her head as she laid it on his chest. “Is it nap time?”

“I wish. I should have made you get up with the boys this morning and slept in myself. I need the extra sleep.”

Later on in the afternoon, after Damon took a nap with Jordan in her bed, Jordan was heading outside and that was when she saw Jon sitting on the patio looking out at everyone having fun at his son's birthday party. Making her way over to where her ex and the father of her son, Jordan sat next to him. “Hey, Jon.”

“Hey Jordan. Damon know about tonight?”

“Nope. It'll be a nice surprise when the only ones left are you, me, Patrick and the kids. Then you can see what he wants to do and I'll take the other boys home and wait for Emmy to get home from her business thing,” Jordan said. “Where is this girl you were telling me about?”

“She wants nothing to do with me. I mentioned Damon's party and she just flipped out.”

“Then she wasn't the girl for you Jonny. You will find someone I promise. And when you do, you'll love her and you'll know how special she is. And hopefully Damon will like her too.”

“If she doesn't like Damon then she's gone. I love my son. He means the world to me.”

“I know he does. He's a special kid.”

“Well he has good influences in his life,” Jordan smiled as she watched Damon try and push Adam into the pool while in his clothes. “Damon! Come here, hun!”

Running as fast as he could, Damon threw his arms around his mother and hugged her. “Are you trying to get Uncle Adam in the pool?”

“Dad said that if I could, he'd tell everyone why he's so happy. I thinks its causes he gots extra sleeps.”

“Did he say anything about asking anyone for help?” Jordan asked, as Damon let go and stood up.

“Nope.”

“Well then, why don't you go and ask Uncle Dustin to help. I'm sure he'd love to help you.”

Before she could even finish what she was saying, Damon had jetted off to find Dustin Byfuglien to help get Adam in the pool.

“Sharpie been happier than normal?” Jon asked.

“I'm not sure,” Jordan said. “And I hope he's going run whatever he has planned by me before he runs his mouth.”

Hearing a huge splash, Jordan looked over and saw Adam getting out of the pool and she couldn't contain her laughter. “Adam, you are not allowed inside until you are completely dried. Brent can you and Jon get the cake and plates please?”

Nodding their heads, they went inside and Jordan gave her husband a curious look before going back into the house as well. Going into the laundry room she grabbed one of the beach towels in there. It wasn't often that they went to the beach, but Jordan made sure that her nephews and son knew how to swim properly before letting Patrick talk her into having a pool put into the backyard. Grabbing a second towel off the shelf, she headed back outside where Adam was holding Damon telling him he was going to drop him into the pool.

“Adam, I'll trade you,” Jordan smiled. “How about you give my son to me and I'll let you have these dry towels to help you?”

“Can I drop him into the pool first?” Adam asked.

“Not unless you want to find yourself back in the pool and I move the party inside. Including the cake and all the other food.”

Placing Damon on his feet, he ran over to Jordan who picked him up. Tossing the two towels to Adam she made her way over to where the cake was and allowed Damon to sit down next to his cousins and look at the cake. “Damon can you tell Daddy thanks for the cake?”

“Thank you Daddy.”

After everyone sang happy birthday to Damon and Jonathan cut the cake and passed slices around, Jordan just took everything in. Moments like these were her greatest treasures. Having friends and family in her life, she knew she was blessed. Sometimes, when Patrick was busy with things for the Blackhawks and Jon had Damon, she found herself missing her brother and wishing he was still with them. One of the hardest things she ever did was going through the pain of losing a second loved one who was in the military. It took her time, but she eventually told Patrick and Jon about her previous fiance. It didn't seem to bother them and she was thankful for that. If anything they understood why she took her brother's death harder than some other people would have.

“While you are all stuffing your faces Jordan and I have an announcement that we would like to share with you.”

“We do?” Jordan asked.

“Yeah, we do,” Patrick smiled, resting his hand on her stomach. “Want me to tell them or do you want to?”

“Damon is going to be a big brother.”

With all the congratulations going around, Patrick found the one unhappy face in the crowd. And that was Jonathan Toews. He saw him put a happy face on when he gave Jordan a hug and he knew that later that night when she got home from her sister-in-law's place, he'd have to bring that up with her.

As the sun went down, the birthday party ended. Damon tried to get everyone to stay over for a sleepover, but that didn't go the way he wanted. Jordan was standing in the kitchen putting leftover food away as Damon was throwing a fit because the team had left, well most of them had. The only ones left besides Patrick and Jonathan were Adam and Brent. She had sent CT and Joey to pack up what they had come over with. “Damon if you don't knock this attitude off you can march yourself up to bed and stay there the rest of the night.” she warned him after seeing him throw another toy across the living room.

“Hey, buddy, come here,” Jonathan said opening his arms for his son. “How would you like to come and stay with me for a few days?”

“Can I really?” Damon asked.

“Maybe, but you have to go and ask Mom really nicely.”

Damon ran into the kitchen as Jordan closed the fridge, lifting his arms up signaling he wanted to be picked up. Reaching down, she picked him up and placing him on her hip she started walking towards the living room. Seeing Patrick sitting in the recliner, she set Damon on his feet and then as she was about to try and squeeze in between Patrick and the side of the recliner, he grabbed her hips making her sit on his lap instead.

“Mommy, Daddy wants me to stay with him at his place.” Damon told her.

“Do you want to go?” Jordan asked.

Seeing him nod his head repeatedly, made her smile. There was no doubt that Damon loved going and staying with Jon. He was a good father. “You can go, but you need to ask Uncle Adam to give you a bath first.”

Damon went over to where Adam was sitting and pulled at his hand. “Its bath time, Uncle Adam. Then we can go to Daddy's place.”

“Why do I get the feeling I'm about to get a third shower today?” Adam retorted as he passed everyone.

“No puddles on the floor!” Jordan called back. “Or you aren't going!”

“Okay!”

When Adam and Damon reappeared Damon was in his pajamas and Adam looked like a drenched rat.

Holding in her laugh, Jordan opened her arms for her son to give her a hug. “Give me a kiss good-bye and then Dad. And then you need to say bye to Joey and CT, cause I'm gonna take them home in a few minutes.”

“I love you Mommy.”

Hearing those words come out of his mouth made her happy and her eyes fill with tears. Damon was her baby boy and in her eyes he was growing up way too fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long to get out.
I have one more contest entry and then I'm done with all of them!
My last one is a Patrick Sharp one-shot, so keep an eye out for it.
Anyways, let me know what you think of this!!