Forever Connected

Chapter 3

Walking into the house just after midnight, Jordan was surprised to see that Adam and Brent were still there. Closing the door, she locked it before Shooter started barking at the noise. Slipping out of the shoes on her feet, she made her way to where the were watching a movie while enjoying a beer.

“Hey, Jordan.” Adam said, looking at her.

“Having a sleep over, Patrick?” Jordan asked.

“Jordan, I was-”

“You boys have your fun down here. I'm sure that the couch is big enough for all three of you. Have fun tonight boys,” Jordan said. “C'mon Shooter, you can sleep on Daddy's clothes or even his side of the bed.”

Making her way to the stairs, Jordan knew that Patrick was looking at her back, but she didn't care. She wanted a night alone with her husband, a night where there were no kids in the house and she had to share her husband with Brent and Adam. On normal nights, but since Jon had brought up the idea of Damon staying with him, she thought maybe she and Patrick could have a nice evening together when she got home. She hadn't known that Emmy's flight would get delayed or that they'd get into a fight over the fact that Jordan didn't want to go to her brother's grave.

Undressing she stepped into the bathroom and left the door to the bathroom open, but the door to the bedroom was shut. Stepping into the shower, Jordan let out a loud sigh as she felt the hot water hit her skin. The party for Damon had gone over wonderfully and for that she was thankful. Jonathan had Damon for tonight and if things went well maybe for the rest of the weekend, but it still made her mad that Patrick would rather drink with his buddies then have a night together when it was so rare that they had them. Letting the water fall down her body and down the drain, she heard Shooter bark as someone enter the bedroom. Jordan was pretty sure that Adam and Brent were asleep on the couch downstairs, 'cause when she got home, they could barely keep their eyes open, so that only left Patrick.

Turning off the water, she grabbed her towel and dried off a bit before taking her robe off the hook on the back of the door she slipped it on before walking into the bedroom to see Patrick in just a pair of his boxers. “I thought you understood what I said downstairs.”

“Jordan, I just want to sleep in my bed with my wife.”

“And I wanted to have mind blowing sex when I got home. I guess plans never go according to what we want, do they?”

“We can still-”

“Not with Brent and Adam in this house. I told you what I wanted when I got home, but I guess your hockey buddies come first and even then you couldn't clean the living room of all the toys? I mean that beer must have been so good that you want your house to look like pigs live in it.”

“Bug, we have a kid, anyone that knows that gets our house isn't gonna be like someone elses' place that don't have kids,” Patrick said watching as she brushed her hair. “And when you show that you're carrying my baby you aren't gonna want to clean up after Damon who will have to get used to spending more nights at Tazer's place.”

“Why would he do that?” Jordan asked. “This is his brother or sister. And he's at that stage in life where he might want to help with the baby. And he doesn't ever spend more than three days at Jon's before he wants to come home. I won't make him stay with Jon because you don't want him here. The couch is calling your name.”

“I never said that I didn't want him here,” Patrick said as she watched her slip on a pair of boy cut underwear and one of his shirts. “I just don't want you so overwhelmed when the baby comes that you are stressing out.”

“Damon is a good kid. He'll be going to school next year in the mornings and be done in the afternoon and I'll have time for him and the new baby. I'm not letting my son out of my life just because we are having another kid. It won't work that way. Not having my son here, that will stress me out, so don't even think about it.”

“Jordan....”

“Can you just leave? Please? I've got some work to do on my computer and I want to be alone when I do it.”

“What about Shooter?”

“He didn't ruin my plans. I'm sure your friends are missing you on that couch. I hear it gets lonely.”

“Bug, I don't want to sleep with Adam and Seabs,” Patrick said as he crawled onto the bed and laid next to her as she was plugging in her laptop. “I wanna spend time with you. I know I should have kicked them out, but I couldn't.”

“Patrick, you three were drinking. Didn't you tell me once I got pregnant you wouldn't drink until I could drink again?”

“I know, I'm sorry,” he said rubbing her belly under the shirt. “I love you Jordan, please don't kick me to the couch. I don't sleep well when I know you are up here and I'm downstairs.”

Deciding not to turn her laptop on, Jordan got out of the bed and put it away before crawling under the covers of the bed. “Do what you want.”

Closing her eyes after turning the light next to her bed off, Jordan felt a pair of arms encircle around her waist. “You shouldn't go to bed mad.”

“I'm not mad, now go to sleep or go sleep with Adam and Brent.”

“Bug...”

“I'm the electric shock of death!”

“That's your friend, you deal with him.” Jordan said after hearing Adam yell.

“Sharpie! Jordan!”

“Our friends,” Patrick said softly as he moved some of her hair and placed a kiss on the back of her neck. “He's just drunk, if we ignore him he'll shut up.”

“And how would you know that?” Jordan asked as she placed her hands on the top of Patrick's that rested on the top of her stomach.

“I have to room with Adam when on the road while you get a room to yourself.”

“I don't always go on the road trips, so when I do, I'm just lucky that I don't have to deal with hockey players that play pranks on one another.”

“That's because you have Kaner scared of the consequences and Tazer doesn't want to piss you off because he doesn't want you to deny him when he wants to take Damon or even see him.”

“I wouldn't do that. Damon loves Jonny.”

“He's still scared of it.”

“And why is it that you and Adam don't play your stupid pranks on me on the road? I heard that you took Jonny's bag and ordered him and Kaner this huge breakfast that they didn't want really early in the morning.”

“Adam says its because he doesn't want to lose your magic hands.”

Turning in his arms, Jordan looked into Patrick's blue eyes. “And you?”

“I'm not stupid, I know you'd torture me somehow.” Patrick said as he placed his lips on hers in a slow, sweet kiss. As he went to deepen the kiss, there was a loud bang on the bedroom door.

“Go see what he wants.” Jordan said as she ran her hand through his hair as he groaned.

“Can I put him in the garage?”

“Not even Shooter sleeps in there.” Jordan said as she closed her eyes as she felt Patrick get off the bed and walk to the door.

Waking up the next morning, Jordan was hit with a wave of morning sickness which in turn woke Patrick, who came in and held her hair and rubbed her back. When she finished, she cleaned herself up before finding a pair of sweats and taking off her shirt and slipping on a sports bra before putting on a tank top.

“What did you plan on doing today?”

“Go through Damon's toys and save the baby ones for the new baby and throw out the broken ones or the ones he no longer plays with. Every time I go to do it, he throws a fit when I try and throw anything out. And if you could fold the laundry when its done in the dryer, you'd save me some time.”

“What should we do with Adam and Brent?”

“Are they hung over?”

“Somewhat.”

“Give them something for the headache and see what they want to do. Help clean or cook or even go home.” Jordan smiled as she left the bedroom with Patrick following after her.

“What room do you want to turn into the baby room?” he asked her.

“I think that we need to take this one day at a time. I don't want the same result as the last time.” Jordan said softly.

“What do you want to do with the toys?” he asked as they walked down the stairs.

“I figure we can put them in the black trash bags and put tape on them and label them and just put them in the garage for the time being. Then maybe this summer we can donate or give away to someone else that wants the toys or something.”

“Sounds good.” he said as they walked into the living room to see Brent and Adam passed out still.

“You wake them up.”

“And tell them what?”

“If they spend the night they get to clean the next day.”

“Adam is gonna whine and complain.”

“I know, but he decided to be annoying last night. So he can pay the price.” Jordan smiled.

“What about Seabs?”

“He can help me with the toys. Have Adam clean the backyard.”

“And what am I supposed to do?”

“You can do the laundry and find a place to take your wife out on a date tonight.”

“I like the way you think.” Patrick said wrapping his arms around her waist before placing a kiss on her head.

“I love you.”

“I love you, too, bug.”

Jordan laughed at the nickname he gave to her when they first started dating. Times likes this made her the happiest woman alive. Her husband was amazing, her son was with his father and out of the house and if it weren't for the two hockey players on couch, she might have been able to sleep in after her spell of morning sickness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not my best chapter.

But if your interested, I have a new Blackhawks story coming out. Click here to see a preview.

And please let me know what you think of the chapter