Where Boys Fear to Tread

Please.

Conor was watching, curiosity masked by the strong façade he put up for Jasper, a delicate boy who needed him. His face changed as Alex moved closer to Jasper, but he didn’t move, could Jasper deal? Alex didn’t know, he would never know why it was a bad move to take those steps towards Jasper, to touch him like that, there was no trust, there never would be. Couldn’t.

Alex realises, mutters a word and looks at the ground, embarrassment clouding his face. A sharp intake of breath from Jasper forced Conor’s heart to skip, memories cut deep for his brother. They are here to help.
Eyes shoot open, terrified and screaming, a whimper and he scuttles to the far corner. Jasper cradles his chin with his knees, he covers himself, ashamed and open.

“I…did I?... I’m sorry,” Alex stutters, fear rising is his eyes, an unnerving colour.

“No it’s alright, um… you may want to leave,” Conor was staring at Jasper, who else? He wasn’t sure. A whispered lullaby slipped from Jaspers lips, tiny and quiet the words rose to fill the stiff air.

‘Golden slumber kiss your eyes,
Smiles await you when you rise.
Sleep, pretty baby, Do not cry,
And I'll sing you a lullaby…’

Jasper didn’t know that, Conor had to be careful. He stepped forward, slow and purposeful, hand reaching. The carpet was soft under his feet, the small thuds were heard by Jasper who stopped singing, whose shy eyes travelled up to meet Conors.

“Please not today,” His voice was high, it had a lisp, the words thought about carefully so not to slur. His hands still covering, protecting the body, his mouth pouted. Cute.

“We aren’t here to hurt you, we wouldn’t do that, were here to help,” His voice calm, soft. “You know me.”

Alex watched carefully, confusion filled him, he had no idea what was happening. This happened all too often. “Jasper stop messing around,” He said too loudly, it cut through the room.

Jasper yelped. “GO AWAY!” he yelled at Alex, it pierced his ears, his eyes widened and his mouth dropped. Tears threatened, Alex was a good friend, he was hurt, Jasper had never yelled at him. Conor had a weird feeling about Alex, that he should talk to him, tell him not to feel the way he did because Jasper was simply not ready. Alex stepped back, slowly he backed from the room leaving the brothers together.

“Let him out, he doesn’t need you” Conor was annoyed, he didn’t like it when they screwed with Jaspers friends. His life. Conor felt he was there to protect the world from Jasper, from them, he was the only one that they should have to deal with. The pain they shared didn’t need to leak out to other people, Conor stopped it.

His eyes filled with tears, he bit his bottom lip. “I hate you,” He forced out, still in that foreign voice. His eyes shut tight, his body tense and his eyes opened different.

“Hey Jaz,” Conor rushed over, he held his hand in his, that warmth he only felt with his brother filled him. Jasper was shaking, a small smile was forced as he looked at Conor.

“I’m still scared. Alex didn’t…try anything?” His voice deeper, stronger.

“No, but she thought so, if I’d known I wouldn’t have let him touch you. He got yelled at though, got told to go away.” Conor hated telling him things he couldn’t remember, especially things that were bad. “Go see him?” He felt Jasper shift his weight, and get to his feet, Conor helped pull him upright and nudged him towards the door, an eyebrow raised in humour. He waited a second before following his brother out the door, he took a breath, calming but alert for the next sign of danger. Conor stepped after his brother to help mend a small fissure he had not stopped.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter just didn't want to work, but still here it is. Hope you like it still.