Status: It's a short story. but it is very very true.

Classroom Chaos

Entry 5

For the millionth time, I didn’t dive. I just went under water and managed to hit my mouth on the bottom of the pool.

“How does a person manage to chip her tooth that way?” you may ask.

I.

DON’T.

KNOW!

But I managed to do it. I know this is a journal for school. To relieve stress and stuff from college and stuff, but this is stressful enough!

I’ll tell you the story. It’s long, and well, I’m in a story telling mood.

It started when my mom had to go to a softball tournament in Kennewick, down by Oregon. And she wanted me to go visit my aunt Gail… who lives in Oregon. So we went. Me, mom, Robert and Mel (mom’s girlfriend). We got to Aunt Gail’s house and there’s my cousin who thinks fighting is the coolest thing in the world (he’s 6) and my uncle Roger who fixes computers. And Jesus, who is perched proudly over the kitchen table. Did I mention my aunt is Mormon? No? Well, she is. And she will rip your mouth off if you say anything to “disgrace the son of God”.

And I’m not religious at all.

“How can that be possible?” you may ask. Well, it just is. I’m the only one in my family who doesn’t believe in God. I believe in a higher power, but not the God that people worship over. I don’t believe in sins and a heaven and a hell. No. I believe in an afterlife where people are people. Reincarnation. Opposite universe of some sort. I don’t know what to believe really. Even my boyfriend believes in God and wants to open my eyes to the possibilities again (because I once was Christian) but I told him it would be unlikely.

ANYWAY! The next morning, after spending the night at Aunt Gail’s, we went up to Kennewick to watch mom play ball. She kicked butt! Won 4 out of 5 games! :D

Then we went to the hotel. It was about 10 at night and the pool was open to adults only, and I happen to be 18. Mom wanted to chill in the hot tub and I wanted to swim. I love swimming. So I got in the pool. Some guys from the team were in there too, so it wasn’t just me and ma. Well, I went under. I didn’t dive. I just went under water, and I was swimming my way to the bottom of the pool (like I always do) and brush my stomach on the bottom (like I always do). But I measured the depth wrong and hit my mouth on the concrete ground.

“Did it hurt?” you ask?

No.

It did not.

I surfaced, knowing I was missing something. So I moved my tongue along my teeth and guess what happened. Go on. Guess.

I chipped my front tooth. I good 1/3 of it gone. Mom thought I swallowed it. But I didn’t. So she took me up to the room where I cried like a baby because my beautiful smile was ruined. My boyfriend said it was no big deal and that a dentist could fix it. He was right, like always. But still! I had to go to class like that!

So how am I doing now?

Perfectly fine. I just got the permanent crown on and my tooth is all slick and smooth :D I had to get a custom shade though. That’s how discoloured my teeth are. Isn’t that sad? I think so.

Enough of my ramble. I thought this was important. And now that I reread it, it’s not. But good times I guess. I’ll always remember how I had to get my first fake tooth at the age of 18 instead of 81. Hahaha.