Status: Seccond!

Bad Company

Walking through fire

I see men walk through flames
Their guns tight in their arms
Dirt and blood upon their hands and faces.

I feel like I’m riding a roller coaster that goes on forever. I’m damned to follow one path that keeps repeating, over and over. Ryan hands me everything I need to disarm the bomb, and starts giving us instructions.
”Ralph is going to go in there and pretty much sacrificing himself. As his squad mates we got to not just stand there, bathing in our own shit, looking at pretty flying bullets. Got it?” he said with a confident smile on his face.
“Well who died and made you squad leader?” Daniel, another squad mate asked.
“A lot of soldiers, so you’ll never know.” He replied sarcastically.
“Well Ralph, I’m going to assure that we do everything in our power to keep it clear for you alright?” Daniel assured.
David pushed between both of them and shook my hand. He smiled and told me, “You’re my idol man! When you go disarm that bomb, we’re going to make sure that not even flying rock will hit you!”
My confidence increased with the words of my squad mates, I was ready to go in knowing the consequences. I readied myself and took a deep breath, I started running in a straight direction. Hoping, that I will live. David yelled, “There’s a C4 to you left!” I looked down and my eyes widened, I jumped to my right and dodged it by just an inch.
Just a few feet from the bomb, I saw shadows walk through the snow. Bullets started to fly from a single direction, in front of me. Ryan yelled out, “Lets go kick their asses!”
I ducked and took out my equipment; I concentrated and let my squad handle the rest. I started to open the bomb. A bullet flew past my cheek. I took out my pliers. A sniper bullet penetrated my shoulders. It pushed me back and I looked at our enemies. We were outnumbered, but my squad was still fighting with determination. If they can still fight, then this wound is nothing to me. I got to where I was before. I gave it another try. Bullets were flying everywhere around me, and more came from our side. Reinforcements came, I had a whole army behind me, and pretty much all our enemies in front of me.
The bomb was disarmed, I picked up my VSS, ready to fight as well. David yelled in anguish, “A grenade!” The grenade exploded in front of me and I felt my skin being ripped apart, I flew back and I heard Daniel yell. One soldier commanded, “Get out of there! That sniper is aimed at you!” Ryan yelled faintly, “Someone shoot that guy down!”

My vision grew darker
My life flashed before my eyes
I don’t want to die.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gonna work on the third chapter now =)