Monsters

New toy.

I always hated waiting. You'd think after a century of life, you would get used to it, but it never happened that way. It had only been a day since I had spoken to Stefan, and I was already running out of things to do.

Sitting in my giant studio apartment, located in the county west of Fell's Church , I mulled over what I could do to pass the time. A few things passed through my head, but none of them were appealing.

My gums throbbed with the need to feed. Until this point, I hadn't even realized it had been such a long time since I last hunted. My stomach had the feeling of an empty pit.

I put on my favorite dress; it was red, satin and strapless, extremely short with an empire waist and a slim fit. I slipped my feet into a pair of black velvet stilettos, and touched up my hair before I was ready to go.

Driving my Audi to the downtown area was a pleasure, as usual, and I parked on the street right outside the club. The line of people standing next to the building watched as I pulled up, and as my butterfly doors opened toward the sky, and then as I stepped out and locked it. I could feel all of their eyes as I walked around the front end and slinked toward the bouncer, dangling my keys in my hand.

"Take good care of my baby, Buzz," I smiled, and he nodded once, holding out his hand. He palmed the keys before slipping them into his pocket, and allowed me through. The chorus of complaints was loud as I walked past, but it was soon drowned out by the pulsing beat of the music.

The atmosphere was that of your typical night club. Flashing lights, booming music, the smell of sweat lingering in the air, and the sea of dancers that produce the sweat. I stood near the entrance, waiting for a young, strapping man to come sweep me off my feet and buy me a drink. The process only took about fifteen seconds. The moment after I paused and looked around, there was someone approaching me with an arrogant smile, hoping already that he might get lucky.

As far as men in this town go, this one was a looker. He had neat, dark hair and stubble growing in. He wore pressed black slacks and a black dress shirt, along with the shiniest pair of shoes I'd seen in a long time. He was tall and lean, just like I liked them, and I could hear his heart thrumming in his chest, loud and healthy.

"You look lost," I commented, giving him a small smile.

"Lost in your beautiful eyes," he smirked. I fought back the urge to snap his neck and laughed, boosting his ego enough to make him comfortable.

"Are you going to buy me a drink, or what?" I raised an eyebrow, and he didn't even try to hide the smug look on his face.

He led me into one of the more private rooms after waving a hundred dollar bill in one of the employees faces. This guy was really banking on getting some tonight.

After allowing his warm human hands to roam and his lips captured mine in a few sloppy kisses, I rolled his mind and he was suddenly like a doll -- that is, lifeless but somehow still composed. I downed the rest of my whiskey sour and stood up, straightening out my dress and ruffling my hair.

"Come on, Jack," I said, and he rose from the couch. I took his hand and he followed me without a word. Buzz tossed me my keys on the way out, and we were just about to start toward the car, when I saw him.

Dressed in his usual dark jeans, black t-shirt and leather jacket, Damon approached with an arm slung over the shoulder of a tall, leggy brunette. He leaned over a spoke into her ear and she laughed, loud and obnoxious. When he turned forward, he locked eyes with me. I gave him a devious smile before he looked me over slowly and I led my toy toward my car without a second glance. I could feel his eyes on me as I opened the doors skyward and, along with Jack, slipped into our seats.

The whole ride home I felt like turning around, slaughtering the brunette, and taking Damon home with me instead of this sorry excuse for a snack. The more I thought about it, the better that idea sounded. I wanted so bad to touch him, to feel him again after so long, but I held back.

There was no reason that I couldn't have fun while I was waiting, was there?
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a filler.
Comment pleeeeease.