‹ Prequel: Obsticles
Sequel: Settled

Adjustments

Stars

“I feel like I’m violating my dad’s drawers…” Emily said, following Sara at the crime scene.

Sara laughed “Just don’t touch anything, and you should be fine…” she said, walking towards Grissom “Hey, I’ve got the spawn!” she yelled while walking up to Grissom.

Emily crossed her arms, avoiding the already wide space of shoe prints.

Grissom looked at Emily, he handed her a pad and smiled “There’s Nick…take his notes!” he said.

Emily smiled “Should I not be here? I mean, since both my father and my husband are here…”

Grissom gave her a look only a father would give his daughter from a case of attitude.

“I’ll manage…” Emily said “HEY, Nicky!” she said.

Catherine chuckled as she walked up to Grissom “Really?” she asked, flashing her flashlight at him.

“…Ecklie said he would make an exception, thought she could use the experience…” Grissom said, walking away from Catherine who pursued Grissom.

Catherine smiled “…and why do you think that?” she asked.

Grissom looked up at the meteor shower, they were incredible things to look as while Nick and Emily stood next to him, gazing up with him.

“I think you saw them first, Emily…make a wish!” Nick said, patting her back. “…not that you’d want anything!” he followed with.

Emily smiled “Just one thing…” she smiled, looking at Nick before walking away.

Grissom smiled at Nick “I know what she wished for…” he said, teasing his colleague.

Nick smirked, crossing his arms, getting buff as he turned to Grissom “And what did she wish for?” he asked.

Grissom smirked “…if you stop and think about it, it’s not that difficult…” he said before walking away.

________________________________________________________________________

Grissom, Catherine, and Emily walked up to the burning car in the middle of the day, Emily took Catherine’s ever word as a note as Grissom and Catherine looked at the car.

Emily looked around, hearing a buzzing noise nearby “Do you guys hear that?” she asked.

Catherine nodded “Yeah, sounds like a motor…”

The three of them turned to a compound, it had looked used, almost for weapon research or a bomb shelter.

Emily and Grissom walked closely together towards the compound, both noticing the generators on the side of the compound.

“Observation post…probably to watch nuclear bomb tests…” Grissom said, looking around the building.

Catherine shrugged her shoulders “Half of Nevada was a weapon site…” she said.

Grissom and Emily began to walk towards the entrance of the compound when Catherine pounced on them like a Tiger.

“STOP…you guys aren’t going any further without back-up, especially you, Gil.” Catherine said, pulling out her ringing cell phone.

Catherine spoke with Brass a few moments before hanging up and turning to Grissom “I lost him…” she said.

“Well, we’ve got two choices, go back…or go forward.” Grissom said, smiling at Catherine.

Emily smirked “Not that my vote counts, but I vote forward…” she said, turning to Catherine.

______________________________________________________________________

The three of them looked around the compound with their flashlights tightly close to them, Emily tore away from the group as she walked into a dimly lit room where she saw the most terrifying thing ever.

Emily dropped her flashlight as she looked at the eleven bodies, dead bodies.

“Emily?” Grissom asked, walking up to her and looked her closely “Emily, are you okay?” he asked before looking into the room.

Grissom didn’t know what to say as he walked in, Catherine following suite “They’re so young!” Catherine said, Emily snapped out of her daze and picked up her flashlight.

“I counted eleven…” Grissom said.

Emily sighed, counting as well “Then number twelve is missing…” she said.

Grissom shrugged his shoulders “Might be the guy we found in the yard!” he said, looking at the empty bottles.

Behind the CSI’s and Lab Tech, a loud clang interrupts the investigation as Catherine points her weapon in the direction of the noise.

“Las Vegas Crime Lab, identify yourself!” Catherine yelled, pointing her gun as she edged towards the area when two officers popped out of the shadows.

Emily began to breathe easy as the officers began to explain the situation, Emily knew this was going to be a long shift for her.

________________________________________________________________________

Emily walked out of the room just as Greg and Nick got down the long flights of stairs, Nick looked nauseated while Greg looked at her.

“Hey, beautiful…” Greg muttered, pulling Emily close to him, who didn’t move an inch.

Emily weakly smiled as she looked at Greg “I’m not supposed to talk to you…” she whispered.

Greg smiled “But I can look at you, and you can look at me, and I can touch you…” he said, kissing her cheek quietly.

Emily scuffed as she pushed Greg away softly “Get to work…” she said, beginning to climb the long flight of stairs up.

Greg smirked as he watched her walk up the stairs “…y’know, from this angle, your butt looks really nice!” he said.

Emily looked down at Greg, disgusted that he would act like this, to her, at work, but when she looked down, she saw a priceless memory staring up at her. She laughed as she began to climb her way back up.

Greg smiled, then chuckled before looking down at his level and saw Grissom glaring at him, cocking an eyebrow, which he hardly ever did for Greg.

“GRISSOM! I was just—well, I was, and Emily…did you hear that?” Greg asked.

Grissom looked like he was about to open a can of daddy whoop-his-ass on Greg as he took in a heavy deep breathe.

“Just get in here…” he said.

Nick was processing bottles as Greg walked in, feeling awkward and a little exposed as he walked into the room and took a good look around.

_______________________________________________________________________

“Hey, dad--I mean, Grissom, come look at this!” Emily said, shining her lights at a wall covered in clippings.

Grissom and Emily looked at the clippings that discussed aliens and other such topics before Grissom turned away and looked around the room.

“Hey, Sanders…look at this!” Grissom said, standing up his daughter as he turned on a sphere planet that lit up the room.

Emily smirked as she looked up at the ‘sky’, she couldn’t keep her eyes off of the lovely scenery “Alright, you win!” she said.