‹ Prequel: Obsticles
Sequel: Settled

Adjustments

Suprise

Grissom walked into Desert Palms Hospital, Greg and Emily sat quietly together, holding each others hands, Greg let go of Emily’s hand and stood up, looking at Grissom.

“Where’s McKeen?” Grissom asked.

Greg put his hands in his pockets “I sent him home…” he said.

Grissom looked at Greg in shock just when Greg began to shake his head “Just kidding, he went to get something to eat…Brass just went into surgery.” He said.

Greg and Grissom looked around as Officer waited around for Brass, Greg sighed as he looked back at Grissom “You two have known each other for a long time.” Greg said.

Grissom nodded “We've worked together ever since he came from New Jersey.”

Greg nodded, his hands still in his pockets “Just between you and me, does he always wear a suit? Like when you guys go to dinner, the movies or whatever it is you do when you hang out. 'Cause I got to tell you, thought of him in a sweater kind of freaks me out.” He asked.

Emily let a smile escape her lips as she eavesdropped on the conversation.

Grissom shook his head “We don't "hang out," Greg.”

Emily began to hear yelling around the corner as she looked around it in her chair, a young woman was yelling at the nurse, she got up from her seat just as Grissom touched her back, motioning her to stay.

Greg and Emily watched from around the corner as Grissom confronted the young woman, things got ugly, seeing as how she was in fact Brass’s daughter.

Emily sighed as she sat back down in her seat, Greg turned to his wife and smiled “You’re not gonna get in on that?” he asked.

“And have Brass turn on me, hell no…” Emily muttered, letting her head rest on the wall.
________________________________________________________________________

It was Greg’s first Court Hearing, his suit was nice and neat as he adjusted his tie in the mirror.

“I don’t know, what do you think?” Greg said, turning to Emily as she got ready for work.

Emily smiled as she walked towards Greg, adjusting his tie some more “You look fine…” she said, assuring her husband.

Greg kissed Emily “I’m so excited…but nervous at the same time…” he said, turning back to the mirror, looking himself over and over again.

Emily sighed “Umm, Greg?” she asked.

Greg turned to Emily and smiled at her “Yeah, baby?” he asked.

Emily didn’t know how to tell Greg, it was great news, but emotions were already high from Greg’s court appearance, she took in a deep breathe.

“I went to the doctor yesterday…” Emily said, sitting on the bed.

Greg smiled “Oh, you finally got those flu symptoms checked out?” he asked, walking over to her.

Emily nodded “Yeah, except…it’s not the flu…” she said.

Greg cocked an eye brow “Really? Then what is it?” he asked.

Emily smiled for a moment, getting off of the bed and messing with Greg’s tie some more as she took in another deep breathe, she looked in Greg’s deep brown eyes and smiled brightly at him.

“I’m pregnant…” she said, happy and nervous at the same time.

Greg just looked at Emily, he didn’t know what to say to his wife as he looked at her surprised “Are you serious?” he asked, smiling brightly.

Emily nodded “Yeah…I’m 3 months…and a day…” she said, giggling at Greg who held onto his wife tightly, giving her a hug.

“Oh my god…so we’re gonna be parents??” Greg asked, getting more excited by the second.

Emily nodded “Yeah, we’re gonna be parents….BUT we can’t tell anybody…not yet! I wanna bask in this moment with you, and you alone…just for awhile!” she said.

Greg’s smile got brighter as he took his wife’s hands “I love you!” he said, kissing her cheek.

Emily giggled “I love you too…” she said, taking a glimpse at her watch, then gasped “Oh, jeeze! I’m gonna be late…I’ll see you tonight!” she said, giving Greg one last kiss before leaving.

Greg stood alone in the apartment, grinning from ear to ear as he began to jump up and down in joy, doing his own victory dance.
________________________________________________________________________

“Are you okay?” Catherine asked, looked up at Emily, who was working overtime helping Catherine with a case.

Emily nodded “Yeah, I’m fine…”

“Are you sure? Cause you’ve been smiling all day…non-stop!” Catherine asked, looking down at the shoe impressions on the clothing.

Emily shrugged her shoulders “It’s just a good day, beautiful weather, loving husband…great job! Life is perfect today!” she said.

Catherine looked at Emily concerned “Okay, whatever you say!” she said.

Emily sighed “So, you’re sure that besides the people who thrashed them…these victims have nothing in common?” she asked, looking for shoe impressions on a pair of pants.

Catherine nodded “Yeah…for now.” She said.

Greg walked through the door, modeling in his suit as Catherine smiled “Well, alright slick…what’s with the suit?” she asked.

Emily cat whistled as Greg walked into the room, looking at the both of them “Today, was my first Jury Trial!” he said.

Catherine smirked “Today ended…an hour and a half ago…” she said.

Greg shrugged his shoulders “Maybe I just don’t want the day to end!”

“Well, if that’s the case why don’t you help to end my day quicker and help me isolate shoe trends!” she said, tossing Greg a sticker patch.

Greg looked at Emily and smirked “What are you still doing here,” he said, kissing her cheek then whispering the word ‘mom’ into her ear.

Emily giggled “Trying to help Catherine, but apparently I suck at it…” she said.

Catherine watched the both of them for a moment before clearing her throat “What’s going on with you two? She can’t stop smiling, and you’re holding onto her like if you let go she’ll float away!! What’s going on?” she asked.

Emily and Greg looked at Catherine surprised, Emily shook her head “Nothing, Catherine…is there something going on with you?” she asked.

Catherine sighed “I’m sorry…maybe I don’t see enough of you two together…” she said.

“…SO, how did you don on the stand?” Catherine asked.

Greg grabbed latex gloves and began to examine the pants with the small and tiny Emily in front of him.

“So good…that the prosecutor took me to dinner!” he said, smiling brightly.

Emily stopped what she was doing and looked up at Greg “Female?” she asked, trying not to get jealous.

Greg shrugged his shoulders “She was icing! I was just happy to see a case from the crime scene…to the court room!” he said before kissing Emily on the forehead.

Emily took in a deep breathe and turned back around, looking at the evidence in front of her as Greg went onto talking about how he ‘frank’n’burried’ the guy, and how badass it was.

Catherine nodded “How many shoe trends you got down there, Greg?” she asked.

Greg looked up “Five!” he said, walking over to Catherine, examining the shirt she was working on.

Emily was processing the shoe trends on the pants as Greg and Catherine talked.

“Y’know, the first victim was Hispanic, the other was Jewish…maybe it was a hate crime?” Catherine asked, turning to Greg.

Greg picked up an evidence picture of the first victim “It sure looks like hate to me…” he said.

Catherine shrugged her shoulders “Well, in the meantime, take your precious wife home…” she said, taking the picture away from Greg’s hands.

Greg said “Alright, so I’ll see you later then?” he asked, walking out of the lab with Emily in his arms.

“I guess…” Catherine said, watching the two love birds stroll out of the room “Ahh, those two…” she muttered to herself smiling.