‹ Prequel: Obsticles
Sequel: Settled

Adjustments

Hello

Emily pushed for an hour, she was tired and a little irritated that everyone was yelling at her.

“Where’s the fucking epidural?” she screamed, taking a deep breathe in.

The nurse tried to get Emily to relax “It’ll be here in a minute, Mrs. Sanders…” she said.

Emily screamed in pain “I don’t want it in a few minutes, I want it now!” she yelled, squeezing Greg’s hand who just sat there and took it like a man.

Greg stroked Emily’s hand “Alright, alright…breathe…don’t cut your oxygen supply off!” he said, smirking a little.

“SHUT UP SANDERS!!! Why did you do this to me you little prick!” she yelled, having another contraction.

Greg let his smirk get a little bigger, enjoying the show a little too much as a nurse came in with a long needle, Greg went pale as he turned to the nurse standing next to him “…is she gonna feel that?” he asked.

The nurse shook her head “In the pain she’s in…not one bit!” she said.

Greg helped a nurse lean Emily forward as the other nurse inserted the epidural into her back. Emily sighed with relief as a smile lingered on her face, enjoying the solitude.

“Oh, yes…that feels so much better…” she said, laying back down and letting go of Greg’s hand.

Greg looked at Emily “Feeling better?” he asked.

Emily nodded “Ohh, yeah…” she said, smiling from the lack of pain she was feeling.

“Alright, Emily…one good push!” the midwife asked, holding Emily’s other hand.
________________________________________________________________________

Greg walked out of the delivery room, he looked out in the waiting room where the Graveyard Shift CSI’s began to stand up, smiling at Greg.

“…it’s a girl…” he said.

Everyone squealed, Greg turned to Warrick and Nick who were arguing with each other. Warrick pulled out a $50 bill and handed it to Nick who started dancing with himself.

Grissom smiled at Greg as he walked back into the delivery room to take another look at his daughter, his precious jewel.
________________________________________________________________________

Emily held onto the baby girl like her life depended on it, just in awe that she had this thing inside of her.

Greg smiled “So, what are we going to name her?” Greg asked, kissing Emily on the forehead.

“Oh, yeah…that’s right…we never agreed on names.” Emily said, thinking with Greg for a moment before she gasped with joy “…I got it…” she said.
________________________________________________________________________

“Grissom, this is Lenore Heidi Sanders, or Lenni as Emily and I will refer to her…” Greg said, slowly handing Grissom his first and probably only grandchild.

Grissom smiled to himself as he looked at Lenore, she had blue eyes but looked like Greg so much that it worried Grissom a little bit. He smiled as he looked up at Greg and nodded at him.

“From now on, she is your life…” Grissom said.

Greg nodded “Yes, sir.” He said, smiling as Nick and Catherine rushed over to him.

Catherine squealed “Aww, Greg, she’s perfect…” she said, smiling at the newborn baby.

Nick smirked “She’s beautiful, man…” he said, patting Greg’s back as he continued to hold her.

“Can I hold her?” Catherine asked, not letting the smile escape her lips as Greg slowly let Catherine hold her closely “Aww, what’s her name?” she asked.

Grissom smirked “Lenore Heidi Sanders…” he said, proud that his granddaughter had a strong name.

Catherine’s smile got bigger “That’s a good name…” she said, looking at Lenni who kept her eyes as she slept.

“Aww, Greg…” Catherine said, slowly handing Lenni back to her father.

Lenni flinched as she was being moved, Greg just smiled as he held his daughter close and rocked her back and forth.

Grissom smiled “Well, I’m going to check on Emily…” he said, walking to Emily’s room.

Warrick and Sara walked towards Greg and Lenni as they cooed over the new addition to the CSI family.

“Can I hold her?” Warrick asked.

Nick scuffed “No, not until I hold her…” he said, reaching out for Lenni “Let me hold her!” he whispered.

Greg shook his head “No, Godfather gets first dibs…so here you go Warrick!” he said, slowly passing Lenni to Warrick, the Godfather.

Lenni’s eyes immediately opened wide as she glared at Warrick, who improvised what she was thinking “Oh my god, there’s a big black man holding me…and what’s with that hair?! Just take me back to mom before somebody hurts me!” he said in a high pitched girly voice.

Sara giggled “That’s exactly what she’s thinking…” she said, stroking Lenni’s head as she continued to glare at Warrick.

Nick roll his eyes “Okay, c’mon man, I wanna hold her!” he said, slowly taking Lenni away from Warrick.

One look at Nick, and Lenni began to sob, letting her hands stretch out as she screamed bloody murder in her small tiny voice.

Greg flinched as he took Nick back, who just frowned as Sara and Nick laughed at him.

“That’s what you get for being impatient, man!” Warrick said, patting Nick on the back who just shook his head.

“She’s just tired! It’s not me!” Nick said, crossing his arms.

Greg smirked “Sure, whatever man…” he said, walking back to Emily’s room to give the baby back to Emily, to learn how to feed her.

Nick and Warrick followed with Sara as they walked into the room where Emily looked tired but was smiling as she talked to Grissom.

Catherine stood next to Grissom who just shook her head “Unbelievable, Gil…” she said.

Greg walked into the room with a smile on his face “Nick scared Lenni…” he announced to everyone.

“Why does that not surprise me?” Emily asked, slowly taking Lenni out of Greg’s arms.

Nick just rolled his eyes “I did not scare her!” he said, shaking his head.

Emily sighed “Well, did you enjoy yourself?” she asked Lenni, who just closed her eyes and yawned.

Greg smiled as everyone watched Emily and Lenni together, it was a moment that everyone was waiting for and now that it was happening, everyone was cooing over the new addition.